Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Omg, I am Irish.

:laugh: I forgive you, but we are just obsessed with our tea in Ireland.

Oh haha! Apologies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I'm part Irish but can't stand tea:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Irish Breakfast Tea is one of the best teas though. I understand why not everyone's a fan of that weak English stuff but the Irish really know where it's at tea-wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    The company are actually very flexible regarding my physical illness (that they know of because of issues that it has caused with me doing certain things) and don't really mind if I need to take a day off due to hospital appointments as long as I don't miss important days. I currently work for them as a weekend gal but since I finished college I have pretty much been full time anyway. They all recommended me for the scheme and the area manager is lovely and said to me that they'll do whatever is needed to help me threw which is good. (Winter is coming... I get constantly Ill during winter which they already had to deal with when I started. I needed up having to take my second day at work off and then a month afterwards a week off was needed because the doctors signed me off as I couldn't really do much :facepalm:
    Sounds ideal; it's lovely that they're so flexible for you if only more companies were like that! Best of luck with your next step

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Irish Breakfast Tea is one of the best teas though. I understand why not everyone's a fan of that weak English stuff but the Irish really know where it's at tea-wise.
    I went home last week. Packed a box of clothes to be sent to me. Sitting right in that box is 160 Irish breakfast teabags. The love is real, Ray. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I went home last week. Packed a box of clothes to be sent to me. Sitting right in that box is 160 Irish breakfast teabags. The love is real, Ray. :yep:
    That's lovely that is. I plan on packing a large mason jar of assorted teabags for uni. I used to be a Earl Grey fan but not so much anymore for some reason. Ever been to T2?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry Andy, we can't be friends anymore.

Sounds about right. :rofl:
    What can I say? I prefer my Guinness, or Bailey's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's lovely that is. I plan on packing a large mason jar of assorted teabags for uni. I used to be a Earl Grey fan but not so much anymore for some reason. Ever been to T2?
    I tend to have a love hate relationship with Earl Grey. I just Googled T2. Holy ****, it looks amazing.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl:

Alright then, maybe we can still be friends.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry Andy, we can't be friends anymore.

Sounds about right. :rofl:
    Found out that I'm part Irish apparently though. Strange. :giggle:

(Original post by Ezme39)
    Sounds ideal; it's lovely that they're so flexible for you if only more companies were like that! Best of luck with your next step
    Part of the reason I've left college is because they didn't give me enough support because they all thought I was being stupid half the time. Especially when the safeguarding lead left (she did more than any of them did in a head in three months.)

ReputationRep:

Maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guinness is brewed in my home town :rofl:

I love my tea. Tea doesn't taste the same over here in America

ReputationRep:
    I tend to have a love hate relationship with Earl Grey. I just Googled T2. Holy ****, it looks amazing.
    Now I'm not saying that T2 is the best thing ever - only that the world is measurably improved by it's existence.

ReputationRep:

Well jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Aye, the tea was horrible in Europe when I went in April.

Now I'm not saying that T2 is the best thing ever - only that the world is measurably improved by it's existence.
    My life has been improved amazingly.

ReputationRep:
    Check out the British section in larger supermarkets if you're really desperate! My spouse gets Tetley teabags from there and they are so much better than bloody lipton tea. I save the really good tea for myself though - I brought a bag of 600 Yorkshire teabags with me when I last returned from the UK.

Seeing as you're in the US, give mountain dew a try if you like soda - the blue one is pretty ****ing awesome (so is the regular but I'm a bit of a soda-nut). Also, I highly recommend trying a "reuben sandwich". It has rye bread, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, and corned beef - be aware that corned beef in the US is amazing, it's nothing like British "corned beef" (which I wouldn't feed to a starving dog). You should be able to get it in any bar that sells food, Arby's does reubens too if you can't find anywhere else. If you can find a Buffalo Wild Wings, the boneless wings are really good and they have like 20 different sauces. Whereabouts are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Check out the British section in larger supermarkets if you're really desperate! My spouse gets Tetley teabags from there and they are so much better than bloody lipton tea. I save the really good tea for myself though - I brought a bag of 600 Yorkshire teabags with me when I last returned from the UK.

Seeing as you're in the US, give mountain dew a try if you like soda - the blue one is pretty ****ing awesome (so is the regular but I'm a bit of a soda-nut). Also, I highly recommend trying a "reuben sandwich". It has rye bread, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, and corned beef - be aware that corned beef in the US is amazing, it's nothing like British "corned beef" (which I wouldn't feed to a starving dog). You should be able to get it in any bar that sells food, Arby's does reubens too if you can't find anywhere else. If you can find a Buffalo Wild Wings, the boneless wings are really good and they have like 20 different sauces. Whereabouts are you?
    I'm only here until Monday now sadly, but thanks for the tips! We've been to Denny's which in my opinion was lovely. Perkins pies are to die for. Mountain Dew is good, haven't seen the blue one where I am. The obsession with smores is amusing. I'm staying in the Orlando area so it could just be where I am. :giggle: we've had a look in the British section before in Walmart, expensive. And it's not the same as being at home as I find it tastes different. (We usually drink Assam which isn't really sold over here.)

Thanks for the sandwich suggestion! Sadly I can't eat brown bread due to the texture (already has caused a massive argument in a Disney restaurant with that one...) I think my Dad has had that sandwich before and I think he liked it.

Also: Lipton iced tea is pretty good if you can find it!

--
    Tropical storm is due to hit over here tomorrow. I'm really scared of thunder and lightening. ****.

ReputationRep:
    Not doing so great. I'm already falling behind at uni and I'm only in week 3; got no concentration, always tired, and can't focus on my work because I'm so scared of the voices getting louder if I stress out. They've been progressively getting louder regardless but I don't want things to get even worse for me. I know stress if a big trigger.

Went to a society meeting today. Spoke to 4 people - 3 gave curt answers and the other suddenly needed the bathroom. I'm worried I give out "crazy vibe" or something, I don't understand why I try to make friends and always fail. Anyway, I left after that and cried in the car for a while before driving home. Another failure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only here until Monday now sadly, but thanks for the tips! We've been to Denny's which in my opinion was lovely. Perkins pies are to die for. Mountain Dew is good, haven't seen the blue one where I am. The obsession with smores is amusing. I'm staying in the Orlando area so it could just be where I am. :giggle: we've had a look in the British section before in Walmart, expensive. And it's not the same as being at home as I find it tastes different. (We usually drink Assam which isn't really sold over here.)

Thanks for the sandwich suggestion! Sadly I can't eat brown bread due to the texture (already has caused a massive argument in a Disney restaurant with that one...) I think my Dad has had that sandwich before and I think he liked it.

Also: Lipton iced tea is pretty good if you can find it!

--
    Tropical storm is due to hit over here tomorrow. I'm really scared of thunder and lightening. ****.
    Orlando is nice. I went to Disney a few years ago and really enjoyed the water parks the most. Typhoon Lagoon :daydreaming:

Denny's isn't bad, have you tried Ihop? It's pretty similar but more focus on pancakes. Yeah, I don't really get the smores hype either - I don't like the cracker and I'm not much of a fan of chocolate. :dontknow:

Aw that sucks. Rye bread is my favorite! Chick-fil-a is really good if you like chicken burgers - they cook them in a pressure cooker so they're pretty different to the likes of Wendy's or McDonald's. and they have waffle fries which are also great.

Lipton iced tea is good I agree, but the teabags you can buy in all supermarkets to make hot tea are gross. So weak and crap tasting. If you like iced tea, I'd recommend Snapple over Lipton, Arizona iced tea is pretty good too.

I'm not a fan of tropical storms either, my cats get scared and I always worry that my cheaply built house will floor - even though I live on top of a hill

You know it's Labor day on Monday? The airport is probably gonna be pretty busy with people returning home after the long weekend, so you might want to get there a little earlier just to clear security etc.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Went to a society meeting today. Spoke to 4 people - 3 gave curt answers and the other suddenly needed the bathroom. I'm worried I give out "crazy vibe" or something, I don't understand why I try to make friends and always fail. Anyway, I left after that and cried in the car for a while before driving home. Another failure.
    Sounds like their problem, not yours! Just bad luck that so many of these inconsiderate people were in one place (except for the bathroom person- that's a pretty fair excuse!)
    I know it's hard, but try not to view these as failures. You're trying to reach out to people, and regardless of the outcome I would mark that as positive

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Wondering if anyone could give me some help/reassurance.
    I've been going to counseling through the NHS for anxiety, but I hate it so much because I really dislike the guy its with; we have the eact same conversations each hour because hes forgotten what we spoke about last time and he just prints me off random selfhelp sheets from the internet. I also just don't think that counseling in general will help me. I was wondering how I go about quitting because the last thing I want is to phone up and the person tries to persuade me to stay, I also hate phone calls in general! What do I say?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.