Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    So I just found out about the U3 guy.
    He was severly autistic and couldnt handle exams he blazed through trinity interviews and he was easily the best in peterhouse and he discussed maths with the DoS and Imre Leader as equals so Imre mustve told Dr Zsak to take him but the guy dropped out cause of exams and they still talk to him.
    So a very very rare exception.
    Props to him, mustve been incredible if Imre leader is reccommending you.
    This is from my mate at peterhouse btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Like EnglishMuon has good extenuating circumstances, and I think if he were to marginally miss his offer (impossible) then they should still take him in. However, if EnglishMuon is given benefit over someone else solely because he is black and transgender then that is just bullsh*t.
    I wouldn't like to get into Cambridge solely due to my nickname of "El taco" some people referred to me at school as, no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    He was severly autistic and couldnt handle exams he blazed through trinity interviews and he was easily the best in peterhouse and he discussed maths with the DoS and Imre Leader as equals so Imre mustve told Dr Zsak to take him but the guy dropped out cause of exams and they still talk to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good he was taken in. I am fine with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So a case of some exceptionally bright person who just didn't take well to exam conditions? Fair enough.

Like EnglishMuon has good extenuating circumstances, and I think if he were to marginally miss his offer (impossible) then they should still take him in. However, if EnglishMuon is given benefit over someone else solely because he is black and transgender then that is just bullsh*t.
    But what if EnglishMuon was black, transgender and lesbian? That's a pretty strong CV.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    So a case of some exceptionally bright person who just didn't take well to exam conditions? Fair enough.
    How he gonna take Tripos exams then? Btw, there was a severely autistic guy in the STEP Easter School this year as well. He was pretty good, discussed stuff with Siklos after lectures IIRC. Mathemagicien remembers him probably. He was so funny, and also quite annoying. No idea how he, and that guy from Peterhouse, are gonna survive Tripos exams/lectures though.

(Original post by EnglishMuon)
    I wouldn't like to get into Cambridge solely due to my nickname of "El taco" some people referred to me at school as, no
    Are you of Hispanic descent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    They originally received an offer from Trinity but it was Peterhouse who let them in through the summer pool. (page 7: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...and%20data.pdf)

Just remember folks, no one piece of information is ever considered in isolation and no particular weighting is applied to anything! /s
    Wtf someone else got into Pembroke with 2,3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How he gonna take Tripos exams then? Btw, there was a severely autistic guy in the STEP Easter School this year as well. He was pretty good, discussed stuff with Siklos after lectures IIRC. Mathemagicien remembers him probably. He was so funny, and also quite annoying. No idea how he, and that guy from Peterhouse, are gonna survive Tripos exams/lectures though.

Are you of Hispanic descent?
    He dropped out that kid did. In second year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was he 2015 entry? I just remembered that a TSR friend from Churchill, who is gonna do IB this year, told me that there was some autistic Mathmo from their year that was very annoying during lectures, when I told him about the autistic guy I saw on STEP Easter School. The Churchillian was even surprised he wasn't beaten up before IA ended. :rofl:

But what if EnglishMuon was black, transgender and lesbian? That's a pretty strong CV.
    Tell me about it.

ReputationRep:
    Nah plain ol' English, but with some fairly distantish Portuguese relatives, hence my ability to change colour quickly in the sun

ReputationRep:
    He dropped out that kid did. In second year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh damn. How come? Was he bullied or something?

ReputationRep:
    Just to defend the non existent blind, lesbian transgender black mathmo, there isn't one in the 2015 IA cohort

ReputationRep:
    Was he 2015 entry? I just remembered that a TSR friend from Churchill, who is gonna do IB this year, told me that there was some autistic Mathmo from their year that was very annoying during lectures, when I told him about the autistic guy I saw on STEP Easter School. The Churchillian was even surprised he wasn't beaten up before IA ended. :rofl:

Tell me about it.
    14 entry.
    The guy dropped out due to exams i think.
    Not bullied lol.
    Does bullying exist in cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    who says im not already ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    The guy he's referring to is at Christs. Hes very much on the spectrum, but outside of lectures is a cool guy
    Is he on the electromagnetic spectrum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    14 entry.
    Not bullied lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I imagine it's better than when they had the wooden spoon

ReputationRep:
    Was he 2015 entry? I just remembered that a TSR friend from Churchill, who is gonna do IB this year, told me that there was some autistic Mathmo from their year that was very annoying during lectures, when I told him about the autistic guy I saw on STEP Easter School. The Churchillian was even surprised he wasn't beaten up before IA ended. :rofl:Tell me about it.
    The guy he's referring to is at Christs. Hes very much on the spectrum, but outside of lectures is a cool guy.No one would try rush him, hes got mad protection from the christs lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    The guy he's referring to is at Christs. Hes very much on the spectrum, but outside of lectures is a cool guy
    All right, that's cool. Is he usually annoying in lectures though?

14 entry.
    Not bullied lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, wouldn't think so. But I won't be surprised if someone got annoyed enough to smack him.

ReputationRep:
    Is he on the electromagnetic spectrum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Careful what you say, if youre ever near cambridge wont be safe for u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    who says im not already ?
    Wanna hook up? :perv:

Nah, jk. I usually keep black, transgender, lesbian as my punching bag.

inb4 ban

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.