Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i agree, definsively not a bad performance. but defence has never really been our area of weakness which is why i focused on the performance from an attacking point of view as i though mabey there might be an improvement. Its not a personal attack on capellos management skills as it might appear, just there was no indication of improvement from an attacking point based on las nyts performance.

ReputationRep:
    England as a team are overrated, we all know that. Now is the time to start experimenting as some of you have said, 4-3-3 isn't probably something Capello would do, remember this guy has had the same style in his whole coaching career so. Capello also always picks talent rather than names, players like Agbonlahor, Young, Bentley etc. will all get runs if they continue with their form. By the way why wasn't Defoe picked? he has played very well for Portsmouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barca)
    By the way why wasn't Defoe picked? he has played very well for Portsmouth.
    I've been struggling with this one for a few days. I can only assume it's because Michael Owen started scoring and that sold him.

ReputationRep:
    if i was Defoe i would be pissed
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Maybe he's just playing with him.

In a sort of, 'you'll have to keep up the good work to get into the team' sort of way.

Granted, it shouldn't really work like that, looking at who's already there, but perhaps it could spur Defoe into pushing that little bit harder for Pompey and show Capello what he's all about.

Just a theory.

ReputationRep:
    BBC Gossip:

An incredible two-thirds of football fans questioned in a survey believe that following the sport is a complete waste of money and are considering switching to rugby instead. Eight out of 10 fans feel players' wages are "offensive", while 67% are bored of the 'big four' clubs dominating the Premier League. (Daily Star)
    :eek:

Although it is Daily Star.

ReputationRep:
    when people vote in those things they just choose the most extreme, sensationalist options. I highly doubt two-thirds of football fans are going to "switch to Rugby."

If you truly support a team it's hardly as simple/easy as just "switching," is it?
    ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    when people vote in those things they just choose the most extreme, sensationalist options. I highly doubt two-thirds of football fans are going to "switch to Rugby."

If you truly support a team it's hardly as simple/easy as just "switching," is it?
    ignore it.
    Agreed. What a ridiculous survey :rofl:

For me, football is a passion almost as much as LFC is. Saying i'm going to 'switch to Rugby' is like saying i'm going to 'switch to United'. Passions isn't something that can be switched on and off like that.

Besides, these are probably the sports enthusiasts that started watching rugby in 2003 before switching back to football for Euro 2004 etc.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps football fans feel that merely signalling their discontent and disillusionment isn't enough as they're not being heard and the game is continuing to get away from them. So to grab attention and say "this is how I feel about football, I don't like what it's become", they resort to these desparate statements.

You can talk if you like about how the very sensationalist nature of the statements mean you can ignore or dismiss them, but that would assume that were the statements proportional and rational they'd be listened to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laevis)
    Saying i'm going to 'switch to Rugby' is like saying i'm going to 'switch to United'.
    Eww, no way. I'd rather watch golf than support United.

ReputationRep:
    Golf is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laevis)
    For me, football is a passion almost as much as LFC is. Saying i'm going to 'switch to Rugby' is like saying i'm going to 'switch to United'. Passions isn't something that can be switched on and off like that.
    Disagree. Different sports for a start. Though I'm slightly annoyed that Ashton was given an extra term as head coach. I don't rate him. Get Jake White. As for golf, I don't rate it. Watch the Red Bull Air Racing guys! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Disagree. Different sports for a start. Though I'm slightly annoyed that Ashton was given an extra term as head coach. I don't rate him. Get Jake White. As for golf, I don't rate it. Watch the Red Bull Air Racing guys!
    so disappointed they don't go round the course at the same time. now that would be worth watching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by made_of_fail)
    so disappointed they don't go round the course at the same time. now that would be worth watching.
    Errr safety issues?

ReputationRep:
    If you were England manager and England had a mtach this weekend (instead of the domestic matches taking place). What would be your eleven and a justification. Mine though unconventional would look like this:

-------------------D.James-----------------------

A. Cole-----J.Lescott-----R.Ferdinand------G.Johnson

----------------O. Hargreaves (C.)--------------

A.Young--------------------------------D.Bentley

--------------------J.Cole-----------------------

-------------J.Defoe--------D.Ashdon-----------

England lack pace so in my team both the wingers and fall backs have pace. Ashdon is better in the air than rooney so if england needed to change their playing style they could do so easily.

ReputationRep:
    ----------------Green---------------

Richards - Ferdinand - Terry (c) - A. Cole

A. Young - Hargreaves - Lampard - J. Cole

---------- Crouch - Rooney--------

ReputationRep:
    ----------------------------James ---------

Brown ----------Ferdinand ---------- Lescott------- w. Bridge

----------------------Hargreaves (c)--------------------

------ Beckham--------------------------- Bentley

Defoe ----------------Crouch------------------ Rooney

England are still a little blunt up front so a well supported front 3, with plenty of options for change - beckham is in as he is well rested by virtue of the timings of the US season, Foster would be first choice keeper, but when he is fit and match practised.

ReputationRep:
    ...............Crouch..........
    J.Cole........Gerrard......Lenno n
    ........Hargraeves..Carrick..
    Bridge...Terry..Ferdinand...Rich ards
    ................James........... .
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    ...................James
    Brown..Ferdinand(c)..Terry..A.Co le
    ..............Hargreaves
    ......Gerrard..Carrick..J.Cole
    ...........Rooney....Defoe

Rooney dropping into midfield to support the movements forward, leaving Gerrard to push forward if and when. And with Carrick in the form he is, you can't leave him out. Hargreaves to tidy up along with Carrick leaving 4 players with license to be attacking, along with the wing backs.

Richards is injured by the way people

ReputationRep:
    --------K Phillips---J Beattie--------
    S Ebanks Blake---------------N Dyer
    -----M Johnson ---J Greening-------
    M Hill - C Morgan - A Griffin- Z Knight
    --------------L Camp---------------

We'd definitely qualify for the WC and probably win it too, i recks.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.