Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Might have to just download an emulator for FF3 if I manage to get my hands on the other 2 collections. Unlikely that I'd buy a psp/ds just for one game..
    It's also on iPhone and maybe Android too. It's far more expensive than most phone games though.

I'd like it if they released a remake of FF3 that was closer to the original. The DS version (an it's subsequent ports to other platforms) is good, but I know they changed a lot from the original. One major thing is that the original didn't have actual characters with personality, they were generic "Onion knights".

ReputationRep:
    Oh em geeee

Final Fintasy VI has arrived! Need to find time to play it

ReputationRep:
    Oh em geeee

Final Fintasy VI has arrived! Need to find time to play it
    Is that the PS1 version?

I have that version, and then I bought it again on PSN so I don't have to risk damaging the disc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Is that the PS1 version?

I have that version, and then I bought it again on PSN so I don't have to risk damaging the disc
    Yes bought it for PS1. Need to get FF Anthology and FF Origins next..

So wanna play FF7 again though..

Can't remember if I've played FFX or not. I feel like I have..

ReputationRep:
    I love FF!!!

I will admit though, the sphere grid on FFX is one of my favourite things ever, though obviously 7 is the best!

ReputationRep:
    Yes bought it for PS1. Need to get FF Anthology and FF Origins next..

So wanna play FF7 again though..

Can't remember if I've played FFX or not. I feel like I have..
    If you don't remember this you can't have played it:

There's an HD version of FFX and X-2 coming out later this year. I'm going to get that. Although it feels like it wasn't that long ago since I last played FFX. But actually it was 4 years ago. I feel like IX needs replaying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)

There's an HD version of FFX and X-2 coming out later this year. I'm going to get that. Although it feels like it wasn't that long ago since I last played FFX. But actually it was 4 years ago. I feel like IX needs replaying.
    Oh yes I have played it then. I remember that and thinking O_o WTF?

So that means so far I've played FF7, FF8, FF9 and FF10.
    Think my order of favourites is:
    FF7
    FF9
    FF10
    FF8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)

I'm definitely getting FFX, one of my favourites. I loved the whole sphere grid side of it so much. And blitzball!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    I'm definitely getting FFX, one of my favourites. I loved the whole sphere grid side of it so much. And blitzball!
    I'm hoping there will be an HD version of FFXII with the alternate license board and other content from the "International" version (which confusingly was Japan only).

I'm guessing FFX HD will have the "International" content too, but in that case the European version already had it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'm hoping there will be an HD version of FFXII with the alternate license board and other content from the "International" version (which confusingly was Japan only).

I'm guessing FFX HD will have the "International" content too, but in that case the European version already had it.
    Yeah that would be awesome to have an HD version. You getting the new FF that's going to come out on PS4? I definitely am!

I think I'll be doing FFX HD on expert mode for the sphere grid

ReputationRep:
    I thought the final fantasy series were going to start being released on Nintendo platforms for some reason..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Yeah that would be awesome to have an HD version. You getting the new FF that's going to come out on PS4? I definitely am!
    I will, but it's early days on that. I think what they showed was more of a tech demo + concept art. I think it will probably be another couple of years before the game will be out, and it may not bare much resemblance to what we've already seen.

I thought the final fantasy series were going to start being released on Nintendo platforms for some reason..?
    A while ago (and that must be at least 10 years ago now) there was a whole thing about Final Fantasy coming back to Nintendo. But that turned out to be the Crystal Chronicles series. Quite a few Final Fantasy related games do come out on Nintendo platforms, but I doubt they'll go back to releasing new games in the main series on Nintendo platforms. The difference between the Wii U and the PS4 is just far too big.

Anyway, they have the Dragon Quest series for Nintendo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I will, but it's early days on that. I think what they showed was more of a tech demo + concept art. I think it will probably be another couple of years before the game will be out, and it may not bare much resemblance to what we've already seen.

A while ago (and that must be at least 10 years ago now) there was a whole thing about Final Fantasy coming back to Nintendo. But that turned out to be the Crystal Chronicles series. Quite a few Final Fantasy related games do come out on Nintendo platforms, but I doubt they'll go back to releasing new games in the main series on Nintendo platforms. The difference between the Wii U and the PS4 is just far too big.

Anyway, they have the Dragon Quest series for Nintendo.
    They also have Xenoblade. Not something I have played but I hear it is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody going to be purchasing the next gen FF?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any information about FFV13?
    Its been delaying KH3....
    And does anyone know if FF7cc will appear on PS Vita???
    Really want a remake.....

ReputationRep:
    Hoping FF6 gets better soon.. I'm a few hours in but it's not caught my imagination yet. Maybe I'm just expecting too much?

ReputationRep:
    Hoping FF6 gets better soon.. I'm a few hours in but it's not caught my imagination yet. Maybe I'm just expecting too much?
    It is a good game but I think it is really overrated.

And the first half of the game is the best part, in my opinion. The second half was a bit of a chore to get through.

ReputationRep:

Still my favourite Final Fantasy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    It is a good game but I think it is really overrated.

And the first half of the game is the best part, in my opinion. The second half was a bit of a chore to get through.
    No FF7 is the overrated one and 8 is underated 6 is amazing but as the years go by and technology gets better it seems less impressive.

Not much is overrated about it, Terra is a great character and the Esper sidestory was sad,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    No FF7 is the overrated one and 8 is underated 6 is amazing but as the years go by and technology gets better it seems less impressive.

Not much is overrated about it, Terra is a great character and the Esper sidestory was sad,
    The entire game is one long recruitment quest. You get minor pieces of story progression until the half way point after you have gathered your party, then all of a sudden you have to recruit all the same people again and there is zero main plot progression until the final dungeon.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.