Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Who says I don't? GTA is one of my favourite games and it's one of the ones that gets the most **** in the news. I don't like the third person shooters though, which is what the Columbine killers played.
    Haha. My bad :tongue: I forgot about that. What else? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    No, that's kind of my argument. People play violent video games and listen to violent music all the time without anything bad happening, then as soon as something bad does happen, violent media is instantly to blame. Music kind of plays a part in youth culture so with Columbine people blamed music alongside high school cliques, which was wrong in itself. It's human nature to blame someone, it's just kind of ****** up that they blamed music and not America's stupidly lax gun laws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsakuraMinamiFan)
    :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well, I don't want to force you, since it might not be the case for others. I'm just giving my honest opinion. :p:
    When typing up the CSS/style-sheet, I opted to place the div for the title below, which WordPress disliked at first. Had to use java to override it. The image on the main page isn't part of the blog entry itself. It'll require some work on my part to change it, but I'll have a tinker at some point. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    What else what?

That's great AMF :giggle: Pity I can't use that in my essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    What else what?

That's great AMF :giggle: Pity I can't use that in my essay.
    I mean, which other violent games? :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Had to use java to override it.
    Sorry Aiko but you sound computer illiterate when you say that. :sadnod: I find that somewhat implausible. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mortal Combat and Killer Instinct. :yes:
    First I have heard of, second I have not. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I mean, which other violent games? :giggle:
    What, that I play? Uhm... I don't, really. I'm not into video games that much. GTA is just a stress reliever for me.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sorry Aiko but you sound computer illiterate when you say that. :sadnod: I find that somewhat implausible. :p:
    No need to apologise. Could you elaborate on why I sound computer illiterate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    What, that I play? Uhm... I don't, really. I'm not into video games that much. GTA is just a stress reliever for me.
    Ahh, so you said. It was vice city, no?

It was a good stress reliever when I had it. :lockstock: Interestingly, does that mean it has the opposite effect of making most people violent?

ReputationRep:
    Can I see your blogs?

ReputationRep:
    No need to apologise. Could you elaborate on why I sound computer illiterate?
    Java isn't Javascript, they're very different languages. Presumably you were referring to Javascript and not Java. (You can indeed move a div with Javascript, though it's a PITA and not a very good idea.) I mean, it sounds somewhat implausible that that version of WordPress is wrote entirely in Java (instead of its original language, PHP) and that's what you changed.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, so you said. It was vice city, no?

It was a good stress reliever when I had it. :lockstock: Interestingly, does that mean it has the opposite effect of making most people violent?
    Yeah, Vice City. I did have GTA 3 at one point but it vanished somewhere.

Ha ha, who knows? I guess it depends on the person. I mean, I'm not necessarily a violent person, but when I'm in a bad mood I like to play GTA and run the little people over or something. But if you've got a more violent disposition, like Eric Harris, one of the Columbine killers, violent games could be seen as a vent, I guess. He was obsessed with the game Doom, and people thought he used it to practise killing.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by farhan)
    Can I see your blogs?
    Farhan, it's been a while. :hugs: - Mine is simply an archive to document my anime reviews. I think I may have shown it to you before, but maybe not. :giggle: - You can access it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Can I see your blogs?
    No you pervert :mad:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Java isn't Javascript, they're very different languages. Presumably you were referring to Javascript and not Java. (You can indeed move a div with Javascript, though it's a PITA and not a very good idea.) I mean, it sounds somewhat implausible that that version of WordPress is wrote entirely in Java (instead of its original language, PHP) and that's what you changed.
    Yes, I was referring to Javascript, not Java, and you can use Javascript with Wordpress, which is the case here, even though WordPress is written in PHP. I'm assuming you've worked extensively with WordPress too?

ReputationRep:
    No you pervert
    Says the one who watches Hentai. :spank:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Yeah, Vice City. I did have GTA 3 at one point but it vanished somewhere.

Ha ha, who knows? I guess it depends on the person. I mean, I'm not necessarily a violent person, but when I'm in a bad mood I like to play GTA and run the little people over or something. But if you've got a more violent disposition, like Eric Harris, one of the Columbine killers, violent games could be seen as a vent, I guess. He was obsessed with the game Doom, and people thought he used it to practise killing.
    I guess I fluctuate between playing strategy games to stimulate my skills and launch grand campaigns of world domination, playing shooters to vent my anger, and RPGs when I just want a good story.Often a combination of the three. I wouldn't carry out any of it in real life. Except maybe world conquest

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.