Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Without Song/Denilson we won't have a DM today, which could be a problem. Wilshere, Cesc and Diaby will probably have to share the defensive duties together I reckon.
    If your centre backs are combatant enough there will be no problem whatsoever because they need a targetman for their system imo. Although their midfield has a lot of power it doesn't have the pace or guille to get into dangerous positions from deep. If you let Ranger bully you and the defence drops deeper their better players will start picking the ball up in dangerous positions. As long as that doesn't happen you'll trounce them. (Providing you actually score ofc)

ReputationRep:
    I do love Bendtner ffs, such a lunatic.

So how badly is Song crocked? I've not heard anything conclusive.

And btw, nice one Joseph on being crowned - excellent choice.

ReputationRep:
    Song just has a thigh strain, so he'll be back for the next game.

Theo's a slight doubt for today as well, I've a feeling he may start on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    Don't they have Leon Best as well?? He is a bit of a bustling, dirty, championship player... One to be careful of.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny will G(F/P)L him right up ffs.

WUM the Championship scumbag into submission. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Tough game. I'll call a draw -- 1-1. Going against my own rule of having to predict wins when Fabregas and Van Persie are starting.

Their midfield might over-power ours unless the 'good' Diaby makes a positive impact. Not having Song is a big problem, no doubt.

I can see this being a very physical and bitter game. Maybe a red card, a punch-up and plenty of controversy.

ReputationRep:
    The pessimist in you returns good sir.

If ever there was a time to feel the confidence in this side, it's now, and I feel it. We can get the job done in this one, but an appearance from Diaby's good twin brother will seal it for me. If he and Jack do the defensive dirty, we should have no trouble containing their lacking creativity.

I think 1-3. We are building ominous momentum and can't afford to drop any points at all for the next month in reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    We are building ominous momentum and can't afford to drop any points at all for the next month in reality.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Was just watching the 4-4 at Anfield highlights...

Do you think Arshavin can even run that fast anymore?? I mean how can he not be angry at himself for getting so ****ing fat?

ReputationRep:
    In a recent interview, he said he didn't know the reason why he has lost some of his acceleration. He said it might be due to old age...(at 29? STFU Fatty). He also said he can only train hard and that there were no 'recipes' for success...which rather sums up his thinking.

I don't care if he can't run fast. After the injury, Pires lost a lot of pace. Arshavin is a very intelligent player and he should be able to out-smart defenders and get in the right places. He is still very sloppy with possession and is incredibly wasteful -- that is not a 'lack of confidence' or being 'out of shape', it's just laziness. He needs to concentrate on what's going on.

Hopefully with the goal from Tuesday, he'll start netting at the rate Nasri was.

ReputationRep:
    I still think he has good acceleration but because he is sloppy in his possession he don't make most of his chances.

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin does still have the ability to skin average fullbacks, but he's not even doing the works in the big games now. He nonetheless remains one of our few players who can create something from nothing, but with Robin back looks an utterly inferior breed in that respect.

If Robin and Vermaelen are in the side til season end, we can do it for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I take it it's a 3pm game - I've got to go and play a match myself, hopefully improve on the 12-1 drubbing we got last weekend.

I think they will press us from the start with the passion of a team striving to prove that they aren't about one man (Carroll). If we score first, I think they'll crumble and we'll win 0-3. If they score first, I'll go with another 1-0. Basically, I think that who scores first will be of absolutely paramount importance.

Szczesny
      Sagna Koscielny Djourou Clichy
      Diaby Wilshere
      Fabregas
      Walcott---------------------Rosicky
      RVP

Yes, I'm still going with Rosicky. Especially as this is away.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      I think they will press us from the start with the passion of a team striving to prove that they aren't about one man (Carroll). If we score first, I think they'll crumble and we'll win 0-3. If they score first, I'll go with another 1-0. Basically, I think that who scores first will be of absolutely paramount importance.

Szczesny
      Diaby Wilshere
      Fabregas
      RVP

I agree with that team, but in reality Diaby and Cesc will be switched. Diaby can't defend unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)

Szczesny
      Diaby Wilshere
      Fabregas
      RVP

Think Arshavin deserves a start instead of Rosicky, he really needs to play. I'd put Bendtner ahead of Rosicky as well; I still think he's a good player. Think we'll win 2-0, don't think they'll pose much of a threat up front.

ReputationRep:
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rockdorff.html

Hope this doesn't affect his performance

ReputationRep:
      Arshavin starts ahead of Rosicky

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by V1NY)
      Arshavin starts ahead of Rosicky
      Hey Vin, think you guys have much chance today?

ReputationRep:
      Hi guys, does anyone know how i can watch the game?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.