University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
vief
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by accomoffice)
Hi, if you PM me your name, I can check for you (it will have to be in the next couple of hours or I won't be able to find out until Monday)
However, if you only turned unconditional since about 15 July, then we will deal with you along with the conditional students after August 19
Just to confirm I PM'ed you after I saw this on Friday, totally too late but I hope you can find out soon :] Thanks for your help!
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Prose Before Hoes)
This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know (assuming our offers are met) when confirmation of accommodation comes through?
If you're unconditional, you should have heard by now and if you're conditional, you'll hear sometime after results day on 18th August.
99 Red Balloons
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My offer turned unconditional last week; does this mean I have to wait until after the 18th August for confirmation or could it be sooner?
accomoffice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
My offer turned unconditional last week; does this mean I have to wait until after the 18th August for confirmation or could it be sooner?
You have to wait until after 18 August, I'm afraid. We set aside a quota of rooms for unconditional students so the only way we can treat fairly people who turn unconditional after everyone else, is to allocate them along with the A level students.
99 Red Balloons
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You have to wait until after 18 August, I'm afraid. We set aside a quota of rooms for unconditional students so the only way we can treat fairly people who turn unconditional after everyone else, is to allocate them along with the A level students.
Fair enough It's pretty soon anyway!
juza
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello,

I have applied for the university accommodation before 1 July, but my ielts results will be only in the beginning of September. Now I have a conditional.
Will I get some kind of a living place? Hope not the most expensive one?..

Thanks.
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by juza)
Hello,

I have applied for the university accommodation before 1 July, but my ielts results will be only in the beginning of September. Now I have a conditional.
Will I get some kind of a living place? Hope not the most expensive one?..

Thanks.
I believe so
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Out of curiosity, what if in the second year i'd like to stay in halls again? What's the probability of me getting halls? I know you set aside a certain quota, but do many second year students live in halls? and what quota is set aside for them?

I'm just wondering as I may like the social side of halls Future planning and all that jazz
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lovin)
Out of curiosity, what if in the second year i'd like to stay in halls again? What's the probability of me getting halls? I know you set aside a certain quota, but do many second year students live in halls? and what quota is set aside for them?

I'm just wondering as I may like the social side of halls Future planning and all that jazz
If you want to live in halls again after first year, you have to get an application form from the accom website and either hand it in at the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff building or send it to them online by a certain deadline, which was 1st April this year. you have to pay £100 when you send the application form in which will make up half of your deposit when you get an accom offer. If you don't get an accom offer, then you get the £100 back, but if they make you an offer which you turn down then you don't get the money back.

You'll find out whether you have a place in halls, and which room, sometime in May or June, I found out towards the end of May. When you apply, you can specify which hall you want and even a specific room if there is one, you also get a second choice, but you can't choose a room for this, only a hall.
Lovin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
If you want to live in halls again after first year, you have to get an application form from the accom website and either hand it in at the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff building or send it to them online by a certain deadline, which was 1st April this year. you have to pay £100 when you send the application form in which will make up half of your deposit when you get an accom offer. If you don't get an accom offer, then you get the £100 back, but if they make you an offer which you turn down then you don't get the money back.

You'll find out whether you have a place in halls, and which room, sometime in May or June, I found out towards the end of May. When you apply, you can specify which hall you want and even a specific room if there is one, you also get a second choice, but you can't choose a room for this, only a hall.
Ahhh ok. Thanks hun This will be my first year but I was just wondering how you would go about it for next year. Thank you
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lovin)
Ahhh ok. Thanks hun This will be my first year but I was just wondering how you would go about it for next year. Thank you
Here's the page on the uni website that explains it, if you want more info.
Lovin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
Here's the page on the uni website that explains it, if you want more info.
Thank you remind me to give you some rep, I have apparently reached my limit for today
Brendan23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in Oxley House 7.04. Whats the difference between Oxley House and the different blocks? Which is better to live in?

I am a 25 year old law student coming from Canada and will be playing on the basketball team. Does this sound like a good residence for me?
Xabi17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
dmz, I swear you're naturally drawn to the ♀ symbol! You can't help but flirt with them
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Xabi17)
dmz, I swear you're naturally drawn to the ♀ symbol! You can't help but flirt with them
Ha, you noticed? lol, i noticed that the other day, when ever i go away somewhere gotta be someone i'm working on, might need a therapist methinks, lol. Gotta love girls though
Xabi17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Ha, you noticed? lol, i noticed that the other day, when ever i go away somewhere gotta be someone i'm working on, might need a therapist methinks, lol. Gotta love girls though
Didn't say I didn't!

The chase is funner than anything, aha
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Xabi17)
Didn't say I didn't!

The chase is funner than anything, aha
:laugh:

Most of the time :yep:
xspookshowbaby
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cannella)
What room have you been given? I'm in Oxley House.
Hey I'm in Block G - went up to visit today and the grounds are really nice! What course are you doing?
xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame)
Yeah, I'm hopefully going to be in Clarence Dock so i hope most people move in on the weekend! So I'm not alone and having celebratory drinks alone haha!
I have also applied for Clarence Dock and I live in Newcastle now, something in common!
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xxstace123xx)
I have also applied for Clarence Dock and I live in Newcastle now, something in common!
Oh really! That's so weird! I hope we get in
Are you waiting for Thursday for results?x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads