Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Bsc Government and Economics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChangeOurWorld)
    Okay thank you very much! My five weeks is upon Friday 13th December and I really don't want to hear from them that day as I find out if I got into a US University and I have an Oxford Interview that day and I don't think I could deal with a rejection (if it were that) on top of everything else . Thanks
    Wow! Imagine a rejection from LSE, the US and a horrible interview - you'd be superstitious for the rest of your life

(I'm just kidding - that won't happen!)

What US uni are you waiting to hear from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffers07)
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Wow! Imagine a rejection from LSE, the US and a horrible interview - you'd be superstitious for the rest of your life

(I'm just kidding - that won't happen!)

What US uni are you waiting to hear from?
    Oh god I would be, I would also be the redhead SOBBING with mascara all down her face and banging her head against the wall at Oxford Station. Yeah that'll be me....

I do hope to god it isn't aha! Barnard College, it's a womens college in NYC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChangeOurWorld)
    Oh god I would be, I would also be the redhead SOBBING with mascara all down her face and banging her head against the wall at Oxford Station. Yeah that'll be me....

I do hope to god it isn't aha! Barnard College, it's a womens college in NYC.
    HA! I highly doubt that will be the case.

Sounds awesome - I wish you all the best US would be an experience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Thank you! We have exactly the same choices except I applied for Cambridge instead of Oxford! I have an interview at Cambridge next Thursday and I was hoping to hear back from LSE before the interview but that doesn't look likely. How have you been preparing for your interview?
    It does seem to be quite a popular combination! My Oxford interview is next Thursday too :P To prepare I'm re-reading the books I put in my PS (only 100 pages of the last one to go!) as well as reading up on anything I mentioned on it, and having a go at some practice questions I was given by my school. All of the questions are quite random and hard to predict though, so I really don't feel prepared at all because they could ask absolutely anything Ahh well, I'm going in not expecting to get an offer so hopefully that mentality will help me relax a bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip345)
    It does seem to be quite a popular combination! My Oxford interview is next Thursday too :P To prepare I'm re-reading the books I put in my PS (only 100 pages of the last one to go!) as well as reading up on anything I mentioned on it, and having a go at some practice questions I was given by my school. All of the questions are quite random and hard to predict though, so I really don't feel prepared at all because they could ask absolutely anything Ahh well, I'm going in not expecting to get an offer so hopefully that mentality will help me relax a bit!
    My preparation is very similar to yours! What books did you mention in your PS? I've read 'What about law?', 'Rule of law', 'The Trial' and a few others. I haven't really got any practise questions but I'll look at a few notable legal issues and cases. I feel exactly the same! I'm sure you'll be fine though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    My preparation is very similar to yours! What books did you mention in your PS? I've read 'What about law?', 'Rule of law', 'The Trial' and a few others. I haven't really got any practise questions but I'll look at a few notable legal issues and cases. I feel exactly the same! I'm sure you'll be fine though
    I also read the Rule of Law, along with Just Law and the Concept of Law. Yeah I'm reading through the law sections of The Guardian and The Independent (The Times need a subscription grr...) for current issues - did you read the one about the woman who had a cesarian sections performed on her without consent? Seemed like an interesting case and I've just been thinking about both sides of the debate for current legal issues. I'm sure we'll both be fine - just need to get our nerves in check!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bshrestha)
    How long did they say it will take?
    They are 2 different emails.

ReputationRep:
    So did no one get an offer for History today? I got the "your application is among the strongest" email this afternoon but I'm wondering if anyone actually got an offer (At least the department are on top of things- replied to me exactly 5 weeks after my 5 week email!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar95)
    Or a rejection. I don't really like how LSE is playing around.

What's the point in setting time frames they don't stick to? Much better simply avoiding to contact candidates until they have something sure.

Oxford is acting more wisely. Fixed days for final results, no stupid and frustrating "update" mails. The only time frame they gave (interview invitations) seems to be pretty much respected.

I hate they way LSE is dealing with me. It doesn't really push me to accept their offer, should I even get one.
    i agree. I think it is really poor service and a shocking way to be treated. Better no news at all than emails giving timescales they don't stick to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip345)
    I also read the Rule of Law, along with Just Law and the Concept of Law. Yeah I'm reading through the law sections of The Guardian and The Independent (The Times need a subscription grr...) for current issues - did you read the one about the woman who had a cesarian sections performed on her without consent? Seemed like an interesting case and I've just been thinking about both sides of the debate for current legal issues. I'm sure we'll both be fine - just need to get our nerves in check!
    I'm also doing that for current issues. Joshua Rozenberg's articles are especially interesting! Is that the case of the Italian woman who had mental health issues? The statement from the judge was quite accessible (only 27 points) and interesting. It's quite a sad case because it seems that she really wanted to keep the child but she clearly wasn't in the right state to do so (also, I'm disappointed that the father didn't make an effort to come to the UK to attend the trial). Yeah, not an easy thing to do though! Have you had any mock interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionsQ)
    Fancy calling LSE on behalf of all lawyers - just to see what the current situation is? ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm afraid I won't be ringing them up anytime soon, LSE friday paid off for me as well

(Original post by LSE UG Admissions)
    I am writing with further information on your application to study at LSE.

I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

There is nothing you need to do in regards to your application. Please do not send us any additional information at this time; if we have further queries I will contact you.

We appreciate your patience, and will be in touch in due course. As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for Economics and Philosophy??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffers07)
    Oh wow well done. Also applied for Gov&Econ but not heard anything... Currently on my 6th week of the 5 week stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squid-)
    So did no one get an offer for History today? I got the "your application is among the strongest" email this afternoon but I'm wondering if anyone actually got an offer (At least the department are on top of things- replied to me exactly 5 weeks after my 5 week email!)
    I know of only one person so far who has been made an offer for History. I got that same email today at 4pm, and like you, exactly 5 weeks after my 5 week email.

I don't think it's a good or bad thing to receive this email... I just think it's a formality so to speak. So, I'm still expecting a rejection within the next few weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm14)
    I'm afraid I won't be ringing them up anytime soon, LSE friday paid off for me as well
    Did you get an offer - or just the new 4 week email?

Congratulations either way.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an offer - or just the new 4 week email?

Congratulations either way.
    Just the new 4 week email but I prefer being updated regularly than being kept in the dark, KCL still hasn't said anything apart from we're processing your application. In an ideal world I'd get an offer from both LSE and KCL with LSE as firm and KCL as insurance but I'd be more than happy with an offer from either. Queen's University Belfast, which was supposed to be my ultra-safe-thereisnowaytheywon'ttakeyou option still hasn't given me an offer. Strangely enough when I was doing a mini-pupillage in London, one of the barristers I was shadowing told me my best bet was LSE (as a whole including job prospects, ability to get in etc.), which I thought was a bit odd even when I mentioned I applied to Oxford (This was pre-rejection).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm14)
    Just the new 4 week email but I prefer being updated regularly than being kept in the dark, KCL still hasn't said anything apart from we're processing your application. In an ideal world I'd get an offer from both LSE and KCL with LSE as firm and KCL as insurance but I'd be more than happy with an offer from either. Queen's University Belfast, which was supposed to be my ultra-safe-thereisnowaytheywon'ttakeyou option still hasn't given me an offer. Strangely enough when I was doing a mini-pupillage in London, one of the barristers I was shadowing told me my best bet was LSE (as a whole including job prospects, ability to get in etc.), which I thought was a bit odd even when I mentioned I applied to Oxford (This was pre-rejection).
    That is interesting, but bear in mind that it is simply anecdotal evidence from one chambers. Regarding the other universities, I'm sure you'll hear soon.

Let's hope we get a decision from LSE soon. In reality, we're unlikely to hear before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    That is interesting, but bear in mind that it is simply anecdotal evidence from one chambers. Regarding the other universities, I'm sure you'll hear soon.

Let's hope we get a decision from LSE soon. In reality, we're unlikely to hear before Christmas.
    Yeah I realise what matters most is the person behind the application, not the uni on their CV. It's reassuring to be able to say that we're 'high calibre' applicants though, I only wished their subject lines weren't so vague, I get a mini heart attack every time I get an email saying we have an update concerning your application. I don't expect to here from them until 2014 but it'd be nice to have a little something extra under the Xmas tree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.