Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So people are saying that they'd rather have Tottenham in it because "they go for it" in the Champions League lmao people are so fickle nowadays. Shearer last night seemed a little bitter :rofl:, anyways regardless people have been writing us off and I remember when Tottenham beat us 2-1 people were saying it's practically over. Anyways tomorrow I've got to pick up my £10 bet from my mate, I remember start of the season he told me Tottenham would finish ahead of us, look how the table have turned.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe Shearer was surprised at Arsenal celebrating. What a clown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Awkward...

Edit: My bad, didn't realise this was posted already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Think city will come 4th/5th next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? I wouldn't like to say, but can see the wheels coming off a little. I mean, they will invest next season and will no doubt find a very skilled coach, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    I agree. It shows that the players do care about the club- kinda like that wigan gk who was in tears the other night after being relegated.

Obviously finishing 4th and coming in the top two is different- and I'm unsure how we're going to approach next season- but the players have every right to celebrate as they did themselves proud for the last 30% of the season.

Also it's hilarious hearing some of the spuds comments. Their best team couldn't beat one of our worst, and yet they're giving it all that talk about how they have ambition. Even if they did have that, it wouldn't mean anything with their inferior revenues and custard cream stadium. Also bye bye Bale.
    It wasn't your worst team, both teams have ambition (that's how football works), and I love our ground, ****ing love it. Bale's staying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    It wasn't your worst team, both teams have ambition (that's how football works), and I love our ground, ****ing love it. Bale's staying.
    I loved our old ground, doesn't mean it was practical for growth of the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    I loved our old ground, doesn't mean it was practical for growth of the club
    I'm Spurs but I agree. My road almost backs onto Avenell Road, I often see the old Highbury and I think it still looks lovely. In terms of growth for you there was nothing for it but to build the Emirates though.

ReputationRep:
    You sure about that if Real Madrid come calling do you think he'll turn them down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    You two have got to be joking? I experienced my team win the Championship comfortably, not losing a single game at home, and trust me I'd have cried if we'd been relegated this season - yes it's a decent league but I'd take Premiership football over an FA cup, maybe that isn't the way it should be, but I share that opinion with thousands of people.

The whole 'Arsenal haven't won a trophy in so long' debate is so dull too, it's clear to ****ing everyone that their performance in the domestic cups has been shocking, but at the same time this has definitely been off-setted their fantastic achievements in the league, in the long run qualifying for the CL season after season is going to pay dividends.
    Is this Newcastle yeah ? Obviously its different for you because I think pretty much everyone would agree Newcastle belong in the prem and likewise most people would agree Wigan are borderline at best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    You sure about that if Real Madrid come calling do you think he'll turn them down?
    He's not in a position to accept any offer put to him by another club. The only party entitled to negotiate in this matter is the club under whom Bale is contracted until 2016.

ReputationRep:
    He's not in a position to accept any offer put to him by another club. The only party entitled to negotiate in this matter is the club under whom Bale is contracted until 2016.
    everyone has their price if they're willing to leave. (ronaldo), forget about all that football loyalty nonsense if you want to improve and be play at the top level then you gotta play in the best competitions.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon AVB will resign if Bale is sold over his head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    everyone has their price if they're willing to leave. (ronaldo), forget about all that football loyalty nonsense if you want to improve and be play at the top level then you gotta play in the best competitions.
    He's settled in London and now has a daughter, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays if offered the right money.

ReputationRep:
    We make the right signings and it doesn't matter if Spurs keep Bale or not.

ReputationRep:
    He's settled in London and now has a daughter, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays if offered the right money.
    Reckon a lot depends on how Levy spends this summer tbh, if he goes out there and lets villas boas buy the players he wants (which he can do) then tottenham should have no problem in attracting players, of real quality. If he backed AVB and just got Damiao in january I reckon spurs would have walked away with the fourth spot tbh but that was a big chance missed. Its a pretty decent squad but needs a star midfielder, striker and left back plus kaboul to come get fit some day before he retires and tottenham look very strong.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Spurs but I agree. My road almost backs onto Avenell Road, I often see the old Highbury and I think it still looks lovely. In terms of growth for you there was nothing for it but to build the Emirates though.
    True, but dont see why we had to build such a generic bowl tbh. It's size is epic, and just standing in the stadium you can tell that it was built to last(unlike many modern stadiums) but architecturally it's very unambitious. Compared to the Allianz for example, which cost a similar amount.

Is the new Spurs stadium really going ahead then? Always had my reservations that you'd pull the trigger because of the sheer expense of it at a time when you're trying to focus on building on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    In fairness British players are normally different kettle of fish to foreigners. Loyalty does tend to count for something.

Not sure if it would make sense to cash in one Bale if the right bid came in though. Split 60m 2 ways and you could have a 30m replacement midfielder and a 30m striker which you desperately need. Risky to depend on Bale so much as when he doesnt turn up, Tottenham play like a midtable team.

ReputationRep:
    I love the Spurs fans saying "how can you celebrate 4th place?" You mean to tell me that if Spurs finished 4th, their fans souldn't celebrate it? Idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CptHooke)
    I love the Spurs fans saying "how can you celebrate 4th place?" You mean to tell me that if Spurs finished 4th, their fans souldn't celebrate it? Idiots.
    Nah they definitely didn't care..

ReputationRep:
    gnabry should be given a year abroad on loan in germany or something, atleast he can play in his home country and in a decent league where they offer youth a chance. Cant see him getting any opportunities to play next season.

Atletico basically came out and said falcao's for sale today, hopefully we can make a 54mill bid for him

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.