You LIKE it???!!!

Any tips for the 12/13 markers?

ReputationRep:
    What time shall I set my alarm as,
    5.45 or 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhymeAsylumForever)
    English Lit = Screw, even though it is probably one of the easiest subjects, especially Lit
    I'm sure you had lots of fun memorising texts inside out since you find it easy

(Original post by Olympiad)
    5.45 or 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woah, you need to wake up that early?!
    On normal school days I have to wake up at 7 if I have a morning exam (compulsive breakfast), but if not then I can wake up/get up at 8:30

Depends really, on when you sleep. If possible, sleep for 7 and a half hours. Either that, or 9 hours. I'd probably wake up at 5:45, you might end up lying in for 15 mins as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekutie)
    You LIKE it???!!!

Any tips for the 12/13 markers?
    Not really, I've forgotten which those are, I just tend to do well at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    5.45 or 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Well everyone says something about wanting a C at least, I'll definitely get more than that for both. I think I'll just omit my Lit from my UCAS.
    You don't really need anything in it though.

When institutions say they want 5A*-C grades including English and Maths, they mean Language, not Literature :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    You don't really need anything in it though.

When institutions say they want 5A*-C grades including English and Maths, they mean Language, not Literature :mmm:
    yup, I know. Why am I even doing English Lit btw?
    Scumbag British education system

I guess I could go on about how English Lit is actually quite helpful which is why you have to do it in IB, but it seems too **** ._.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Well, my revision for this exam begun around 40 minutes ago so we'll see but I did get 100 UMS in the 30% CA so I'm not really bothered if I get an A* or A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    yup, I know. Why am I even doing English Lit btw?
    Scumbag British education system

I guess I could go on about how English Lit is actually quite helpful which is why you have to do it in IB, but it seems too **** ._.
    I prefer to think of GCSEs as "actual education taster sessions" :lol: People can find out what they might be interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I've forgotten which those are, I just tend to do well at it
    Haha lucky you :P
    This is my re- sit
    Got a C first time without revision but my mum takes it waaaaay too seriously so is making me do it now :/ can't remember anything, even forgot what PRINCE stood for for a bit x_x

ReputationRep:
    last minute tips for OMAM and poetry lit exam ?

ReputationRep:
    Haha lucky you :P
    This is my re- sit
    Got a C first time without revision but my mum takes it waaaaay too seriously so is making me do it now :/ can't remember anything, even forgot what PRINCE stood for for a bit x_x
    I imagine that PRINCE is my class' equivalent to RAVEN (Reputation, something, vested interest, expertise, neutrality? I don't actually use it )

The content is actually quite useful to know for other subjects and just everyday life, you know :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

Woah, you need to wake up that early?!
    On normal school days I have to wake up at 7 if I have a morning exam (compulsive breakfast), but if not then I can wake up/get up at 8:30

Depends really, on when you sleep. If possible, sleep for 7 and a half hours. Either that, or 9 hours. I'd probably wake up at 5:45, you might end up lying in for 15 mins as well.
    I normally wake up around 6.30ish but I want to do early morning revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I imagine that PRINCE is my class' equivalent to RAVEN (Reputation, something, vested interest, expertise, neutrality? I don't actually use it )

The content is actually quite useful to know for other subjects and just everyday life, you know :lol:
    Yes my class use braven... Which just sounds outdated and I forget what they stand for, so I use prince...
    Perception, reputation, (vested) interest, neutrality(/bias), corroboration, expertise.
    It just sounds better :cool:
    Yeah it is but also vey easy to not get marks for, if you choose one word, and the examiner has a different one, even if they mean the same thing you can loose the marks
    (Btw your A would be the "ability to perceive") x

ReputationRep:
    English exam tomorrow! I feel so unprepared! :/

**** purple hibiscus and inspector calls! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute mnemonics or tips for the english language tomorrow? Good luck anybody taking it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is Anybody here doing Edexcel GCSE English Literature Prose Tomorrow?

Of Mice & Men & An Inspector Calls

ReputationRep:
    Yes my class use braven... Which just sounds outdated and I forget what they stand for, so I use prince...
    Perception, reputation, (vested) interest, neutrality(/bias), corroboration, expertise.
    It just sounds better :cool:
    Yeah it is but also vey easy to not get marks for, if you choose one word, and the examiner has a different one, even if they mean the same thing you can loose the marks
    (Btw your A would be the "ability to perceive") x
    Yeah that's true Lost some marks in past papers for miswordings :unimpressed:

I realised it was "ability to perceive" about 5 seconds before reading this :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Is Anybody here doing Edexcel GCSE English Literature prose tomorrow?

Of Mice & Men & An Inspector Calls
    I'm doing the latter but AQA board.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true Lost some marks in past papers for miswordings :unimpressed:

I realised it was "ability to perceive" about 5 seconds before reading this :facepalm2:
    What is braven used for? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.