Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    How are you finding the start to the year? I've had 4 very boring lessons so far. Not really done much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    How are you finding the start to the year? I've had 4 very boring lessons so far. Not really done much.
    As for content? Quite boring, it's all just been basic "inform us about the latest info". But class sizes are better which is great. I'm sure it'll get better.

ReputationRep:
    Early A-levels?? Meaning like taken before year 12/13? Bit confused..
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by leafy9)
    Early A-levels?? Meaning like taken before year 12/13? Bit confused..
    Completing an A-Level in year 12 or before.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Not sure if anyone saw this in the maths forum but... http://community.tes.co.uk/tes_mathe.../t/676977.aspx

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone started doing proper work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Anyone started doing proper work?
    yeah throughout the summer got C3 & C4 done and now I'm working on transport economics and S3

ReputationRep:
    About to start my second PS draft...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Not sure if anyone saw this in the maths forum but... http://community.tes.co.uk/tes_mathe.../t/676977.aspx

:facepalm:
    !!!! A maths department stumped over simple C3?! Why are they maths teachers?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    About to start my second PS draft...
    How was your first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    How was your first?
    A good first attempt, according to the PS helper. I had the right idea but needed to explain why I want to study my subject more in terms of actual content and give some relevant examples in certain places. I also need to shuffle a few things about, get rid of one EC sentence completely and make the intro/conclusion more punchy/powerful. I'm really glad I got the feedback, as my second draft is looking better for sure. Have you used it yet?

ReputationRep:
    A good first attempt, according to the PS helper. I had the right idea but needed to explain why I want to study my subject more in terms of actual content and give some relevant examples in certain places. I also need to shuffle a few things about, get rid of one EC sentence completely and make the intro/conclusion more punchy/powerful. I'm really glad I got the feedback, as my second draft is looking better for sure. Have you used it yet?
    Pretty much the exact feedback I got but in a mathsy context of course. The TSR PS help is so good

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your second one, it gets kind of easier after the first draft imo. I have, got pretty much the same feedback although my first draft didn't have a conclusion and I needed to take out a paragraph because I went on a tangent, so I just replaced it with a EC and hobbies paragraph. I haven't got a lot of time to perfect it so I'm going to start giving it to my teachers to read through and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Is it fine if in my personal statement I use:
    I'm, I'd etc?
    It lets me save some characters but I'm not sure if I should do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Is it fine if in my personal statement I use:
    I'm, I'd etc?
    It lets me save some characters but I'm not sure if I should do that.
    Hmmm, I probably wouldn't personally unless absolutely unavoidable. It comes across a bit informal, which isn't really what you want.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone doing english is going to the gothic literature workshop at Lancaster University on the 27th?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I probably wouldn't personally unless absolutely unavoidable. It comes across a bit informal, which isn't really what you want.
    That's what I thought.
    Anyway, we will see when I give my PS to the teacher, I just hope she doesn't say it's completely rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to use the PS help service but should I give them my first draft? I'm not sure if they'll look at a revised copy of it since there's a lot of statements in the queue.

I was hoping to have my teacher look at it then give it in after they're happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    I'm hoping to use the PS help service but should I give them my first draft? I'm not sure if they'll look at a revised copy of it since there's a lot of statements in the queue.

I was hoping to have my teacher look at it then give it in after they're happy with it.
    Get a teachers advise first i say.

Theres a long queue so, better to get adjustments made to a more finished product !

(My redraft been idle for 3 weeks xD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Get a teachers advise first i say.

Theres a long queue so, better to get adjustments made to a more finished product !

(My redraft been idle for 3 weeks xD)

It depends on the subject and the number of PS helpers available. My redraft was checked the same day I submitted it a few weeks back

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.