Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Drew 2-2 after going 0-2 down at half-time. We played like a flipping under 10s side in the first half! I could count on one hand where there was more than 3 passes actually connecting to a teammate. The second half though, we were fantastic, wave after wave of attack with a penalty and a lob-volley over the keeper to equalise.

I'm happy with the 2-2 after such an abysmal first half, so it's still all to play for up in North Ferriby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    A classic Wednesday bottle job today :lol: I can't help but laugh.
    Hardly a bottle job :lol:

Going a goal up against us (no matter how many times) doesn't mean you're going to win.

We just had too much for you, I think.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Fantastic set of results for MK today - comfortable 3-0 home win and both Bristol City and Swindon losing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great run and goal by Antonio for Forest today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Hardly a bottle job :lol:

Going a goal up against us (no matter how many times) doesn't mean you're going to win.

We just had too much for you, I think.
    If bottling a lead twice and going onto lose isn't a classic Wednesday bottle job i'll be damned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    If bottling a lead twice and going onto lose isn't a classic Wednesday bottle job i'll be damned!
    I believe your lot are the lowest scorers in the Championship this calendar year so far. Also propping up the Championship form guide.

http://www.footballformguide.net/for...t-championship

Bournemouth's dip in form is definitely going to cost them, I did predict a while ago that Bournemouth will fall into the playoffs whilst Brentford will slide out of the playoffs. Both still overachieving though, their squads are considerably weaker than those around them.

ReputationRep:
    Steven Pressley leaves Coventry City after their most recent result placed them in the League One relegation zone...
    (would love to see ex-Leeds man Dave Hockaday get the job permanently)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Steven Pressley leaves Coventry City after their most recent result placed them in the League One relegation zone...
    (would love to see ex-Leeds man Dave Hockaday get the job permanently)
    Hockaday's a recipe for disaster with owners like Coventry's. Fear they are destined to go down whatever, though.

ReputationRep:
    Hockaday is the visual personification of 'stealing a living'.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Hockaday's a recipe for disaster with owners like Coventry's. Fear they are destined to go down whatever, though.
    Who do they replace though? Orient are in chaos on and off the pitch, Yeovil are cut adrift, Colchester are playing a team full of teenagers and Crawley just aren't very good.

I hope Colchester stay up, used to live round there and its a nice little club. Their owner is loaded but instead of pouring money into the first team he's spent it all on the academy. They have some of the best facilities outside the Premier League and hopefully in a few years it'll pay off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Who do they replace though? Orient are in chaos on and off the pitch, Yeovil are cut adrift, Colchester are playing a team full of teenagers and Crawley just aren't very good.

I hope Colchester stay up, used to live round there and its a nice little club. Their owner is loaded but instead of pouring money into the first team he's spent it all on the academy. They have some of the best facilities outside the Premier League and hopefully in a few years it'll pay off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Coventry are in the bottom four, so they don't really have to replace anybody.

ReputationRep:
    The difference between ourselves and most teams in the wrong part of the table was the absolutely dreadful manager. There is no way the team should be in the bottom 4 or anywhere near it and anyone who has seen us play this season will agree that Pressley is 100% accountable. His sacking gives a fighting chance to restore some pride and not descend into an even worse division, this one being crap enough as it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on the front cover of FC United's programme tonight! I've been setting up an LGBTQ supporters branch and tonight is the official Football v Homophobia match. That's me waving the rainbow flag.

There's also an interview with us inside. I'm clearly going to have to buy a few copies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I'm on the front cover of FC United's programme tonight! I've been setting up an LGBTQ supporters branch and tonight is the official Football v Homophobia match. That's me waving the rainbow flag.

There's also an interview with us inside. I'm clearly going to have to buy a few copies!
    Good work Jangra!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)

You're the man in blue?

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    You're the man in blue?
    That's me, horribly inappropriate coat for FC United and Brentford.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeovil cut adrift? They are 5 points off safety.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeovil cut adrift? They are 5 points off safety.
    At this stage of the season i'd class that as being cut adrift.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    At this stage of the season i'd class that as being cut adrift.
    Two wins with 15 matches left?

...Okay.

ReputationRep:
    5 points is easily possible to swing around. Perhaps more difficult in the Premier League, but certainly achievable in the football league.

I'd say anything 7 points and over is dangerous territory. Wigan, Blackpool & Hartlepool look done for.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.