Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    True. Can't never write off Stan The Man.
    Worst fluke ever it ain't happening again

he lost to nadal other day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)

Stan can give good match to Djokovic at the AO, but he's not reliable enough yet. Doesn't have the mental strength to beat Federer over 5 sets, and even an injured Nadal can beat him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)

Nah, Cilic one was worse. Stan is a very talented player who is capable of beating anyone when he is on. Unfortunately he doesn't have the consistency. I don't expect Stan to win another slam but if he plays Nadal or Djokovic at the AO, he will play much better than he did at that exho. Not saying that he will win it but he will put up a better fight.

ReputationRep:
    Doha Open and Brisbane International on this week.

Djokovic steamrolls through his opening match, Nadal clearly still has some way to go to reach an acceptable level - he's close to losing his opener against a qualifier (still think he'll win it though).

Edit: Oh hang on, Nadal loses - tough road ahead if he wants to perform well at the Australian Open.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal lost to a guy I've never heard of. I think Nadal should have started his season on clay like 2013. He lacks match practice and his chances at AO don't look great tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't see the match but I'm not too worried about Rafa. I heard he blitzed Berrer in the first set but just shrunk back, probably because of nerves and rustiness. I'm sure he would have preferred to get more match practice, but he's always brilliant at working himself into form with the longer 5 set format of the Grand Slams.

ReputationRep:
    A tough match for Federer today but he needed that to shake off the rust. Expect him to win the tournament now.

Nole loses to Karlovic in Doha. Not that surprised with the result but with the fact that Nole didn't create a single BP. But he will fine for Melbourne. Ivo with his serve can beat anyone on his day so no worries Nole fans.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Novak is much more comfortable in Melbourne. It would have been nice for him to have won Doha title, but then he's always had trouble in best of 3 set matches against big servers.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we'll be seeing Delpo in Australia after all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Looks like we'll be seeing Delpo in Australia after all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah interesting, have you heard anything?

Great for Rafa he won the doubles with Pico today - he picked up some match play even if not singles, and has a title under his belt in any circumstance. Potentially good match between Federer and Dimitrov in Brisbane. If only it weren't at 5 in the morning I would be able to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Venus. So proud of her!

ReputationRep:
    Federer flattens Dimitrov, faces Raonic in the final.
    Raonic triumphed 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 against Nishikori - I've seen all their 6 matches to date (4-2 advantage to Nishikori) and really feel this could be the rivalry of the future. Such close, entertaining encounters!

Solid match going on between Sharapova and Ivanovic - Ana has taken the first set 7-4 in the tie-break.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen both Nishikori and Raonic make improvements in their game but Dimitrov seems to have gone a few steps back since Wimbledon. He needs a new coach asap.

Federer seems to be hitting the ball really well especially on the forehand side. I haven't seen Federer hit his forehand this well for a long time. He needs that forehand if he is to win another major.

Exciting match between Ferrer-berdych later on today. I want Ferrer to win but Berdych is playing well atm so I'm expecting him to win.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see those 4 having a great start to the season (Dimitrov, Raonic, Nikishori and Federer).

ReputationRep:
    Yes Maria. Great win. Now get the AO and the number 1 ranking back.

ReputationRep:
    Hope to see a Sharapova-Azareka final. Good matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Hope to see a Sharapova-Azareka final. Good matches.
    Unfortunately Vika isn't at that level yet. Who knows if she ever reaches that level again?

ReputationRep:
    Love it! Ferrer beats Berdych to take the Doha title 6-4, 7-5. Berdych choking in a final as usual - had 3 chances to win the 2nd set, the third one was very poorly played by his standards

ReputationRep:
    That was a great win for Ferrer, he played an awesome match to stave off some excellent play (at times) from Berdych. You're absolutely right though Krish that Berdy blew a lot of chances to take the second set. Apart from that he was phenomenally unlucky with net cords - Ferrer must have won about 5 points, some at crucial times where the net played a part.

ReputationRep:
    So happy for Ferrer. He has lost a lot of finals in the last couple of years so good to finally see him win one for a change. Hope he makes it to WTF.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.