Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariamgy)
    Anyone heard from LSE Law?
    Yeah received an offer at the start of January, how long have they kept you waiting so far?

ReputationRep:
    Verdict on the theory that if you are gonna get an offer, you'll recieve it a week before your 8 week/4 week email ends? I'll be on the 3rd of my 4 week email at the end of the week 😖😖😖

ReputationRep:
    all this speculation is a waste of time. they make an offer when they bl^{%]dy decide to andthats that.
    stop worrying and go do something else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to LSE just to be hired at the end of your degree to work for Goldman Sachs? I know i am !

ReputationRep:
    still waiting for a response for philosophy and politics, been waiting for 13 week, this is verging on the ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovs2spoodge)
    anyone going to LSE just to be hired at the end of your degree to work for Goldman Sachs? I know i am !
    Naaah doubt anybody else is applying for this reason, it's because we all love econ haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beardedlondoner)
    all this speculation is a waste of time. they make an offer when they bl^{%]dy decide to andthats that.
    stop worrying and go do something else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I heard if you go back on the link of the questionnaire they made some applicants fill out and you can still get on to it then you have an offer ������

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariamgy)
    Anyone heard from LSE Law?
    Yep, got a conditional offer a couple of weeks ago. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    My son got an offer for law end of October but he's worried that he'll not get that uni experience and apparently it's difficult to make friends. Yet, it's an amazing university. Hoping the open day will prove him wrong.
    I can see why he might think that but tbh I think it should be quite easy to make friends as long as he wants to, and like you said, it is a great university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stichybabe)
    got an offer last December and Im probably gonna firm LSE after being rejected by Oxford haha
    Woop woop someone else! :cool: It is between LSE and UCL for me, most likely LSE. I also got rejected from Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Lol I heard if you go back on the link of the questionnaire they made some applicants fill out and you can still get on to it then you have an offer ������
    but who doesn't want to work for the Goldman Sachs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lesley01300)
    wow you got a law offer? What were your stats? Congrats
    Yep, conditional. Thanks Erm GCSEs 2As, 11A*s and A at Add. Maths FSMQ, 2 As at AS (I do four A Levels and two of them are linear so I only had two ASs to do). And my prediction was A*A*A* A Level and D1 for Pre-U (German)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovs2spoodge)
    but who doesn't want to work for the Goldman Sachs!
    Everyone who didn't apply lse lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So, who reckons another round of offers are going to be made tomorrow then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    So, who reckons another round of offers are going to be made tomorrow then?
    They do offers on Monday too? I thought it was just a Thursday thing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avar)
    They do offers on Monday too? I thought it was just a Thursday thing.
    Offers on monday and thursday with rejections on friday?????? i dunno, i got all my emails bar the 4 week on mondays so...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think LSE admissions are so organised as to be pinpointed down to 'offers x day, rejections y day'. They seem like they're just going with the flow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Neither!! Well congrats on your LSE offer, was it the last week of your 4 weeks?
    I don't even know
    I didnt even try counting haha
    I'm sure yours will come soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    I don't think LSE admissions are so organised as to be pinpointed down to 'offers x day, rejections y day'. They seem like they're just going with the flow
    Going with the flow of TSR. *ohhh the thread is pretty quiet lets send out an offer plus a few rejections to heat things up. Lol

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I am new to this forum but I really really need HELP!

I hold offers from Oxford University for PPE and from LSE for Philosophy and Economics and I am having trouble to decide which one of them to select as my firm choice.

My school teachers are pushing me towards Oxford I think because it will look good for Ofsted and I feel like I have gone through a lot of trouble (TSA, interviews, etc) only for Oxford. Also when I was there the town felt enchanted.

But I feel that my heart lies with LSE. These are my reasons:

-The job prospects seem to be much better - the course, despite lacking compulsory politics, looks more interesting and applicable to today.
    -Despite Oxford's magical aura, I think London may be more advantageous at the end of the day - there is more to do on a daily basis and I can find a job more easily, both during my studies if I need to and afterwards.
    -Also I feel that LSE will provide me with a better student experience. Oxford's education from what I heard is overwhelming and you do not have time to enjoy yourself during your studies. The traditional aspect of Oxford (formal hall etc) looks appealing but I have been told that this is only interesting in the beginning.
    -The reputation of LSE is improving and of Oxford diminishing slowly from what I can see. I want to be ahead in life and so maybe LSE will be better for this.

As you can see, I personally prefer LSE but I am having trouble declining Oxford because of the "excitement" created around it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Martin

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.