Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal all the way. We see this season Liverpool. Suarez helped you, now your gonna be nothing. You spent over 70mil on what? full of crap players. Whose won the premier league without loosing a game? ARSENAL!!!
    Liverpool fans you finally got your first win against Arsenal after a very long time.
    Stroke of luck really just got tactics wrong. Spurs are going to beat you to top 4 even Everton

Gerrard premier leagues : 0!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    And Hulk wasn't?

I get that. But my point was that he was good at Porto, yet Kruz said in 09 thats when he said he was good. So I said that his final 2 seasons at Porto were his best seasons.

I mean Woodgate not Owen. Although Owen would be considered a flop by Madrid. Or I can use the Kaka argument to show that Serie A was a crap league in 2009, despite an Italian team winning the CL the next season.

Still counts as a flop, regardless of the circumstances at which he flopped.
    ok. in fairness I never saw hulk at Porto. how much did you actually watch of him? I am going off Hulk of recent years, and would certainly say he is not an elite player.

Owen cost £8m. how much did they really expect? he performed like an £8m player. and wasnt it clear that his best times were past it by that point?

kaka... is this not just the mata at mou's chelsea situation... good player in the wrong system/ not used by the manager... would you have also labeled mata a flop this season at chelsea? Or Iker? I wouldn't call them a flop because they are still talented. on the flipside, there's Torres. he is a flop because the actual talent is not there, and even more so when you consider his cost.
    Kaka is just a bad investment decision. its like James Rodriguez now for £63m (lets leave shirt sales aside for a moment), thats a terrible investment decision that actually brings little value added to the team, when clearly the better player to buy would have been a Pogba for example who would have added a lot of value to the team. although you would need to differentiate between the Kaka who came to madrid and the kaka that left madrid a shadow of his former self.

Its not his fault. he is just playing his game in the wrong system. if matic was sold and you bought iniesta would iniesta become a flop? No, he just wouldnt be able to execute his game in that system. bad decision making. again the contrast with torres.

ReputationRep:
    whos going AFC Members day here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    ok. in fairness I never saw hulk at Porto. how much did you actually watch of him? I am going off Hulk of recent years, and would certainly say he is not an elite player.
    Just the typical CL matches and at international level E.g. the olympics. He's not an elite player true. Tbh he's just a better version of Andros Townsend, but not fit to lick Arjen Robbens ********.

Owen cost £8m. how much did they really expect? he performed like an £8m player. and wasnt it clear that his best times were past it by that point?
    His best times weren't past it. It's just that he had his contract situation and was running it down or something like that.

kaka... is this not just the mata at mou's chelsea situation... good player in the wrong system/ not used by the manager... would you have also labeled mata a flop this season at chelsea? Or Iker? I wouldn't call them a flop because they are still talented. on the flipside, there's Torres. he is a flop because the actual talent is not there, and even more so when you consider his cost.
    There are other examples of big money flops. Kaka in his second stint at Milan was pretty average too. Mata wasn't a flop this season at Chelsea, he had pretty good performances when he actually did play. If anything(despite what his record suggests there) he has been a flop at United. Mata didn't seem at the forefront of everything and he was exposed plenty of times at United(3-0 loses to Liverpool and City).

Iker is overrated and has been pretty average for a good 3 years imo. Diego Lopez outperformed him and tbh they're already planning for life without him by buying Kaylor Navas.
    Kaka is just a bad investment decision. its like James Rodriguez now for £63m (lets leave shirt sales aside for a moment), thats a terrible investment decision that actually brings little value added to the team, when clearly the better player to buy would have been a Pogba for example who would have added a lot of value to the team. although you would need to differentiate between the Kaka who came to madrid and the kaka that left madrid a shadow of his former self.
    Kaka wasn't a bad investment decision, replacing Sneijder with Kaka in 2009 didn't seem like too bad a decision. They're similar players and Kaka clearly was the better player at the time. Just that Mourinho found a way to fit Sneijder while Pellegrini thought it was a good idea to play Kaka as a wide attacking midfielder when he's best in the centre.

Its not his fault. he is just playing his game in the wrong system. if matic was sold and you bought iniesta would iniesta become a flop? No, he just wouldnt be able to execute his game in that system. bad decision making. again the contrast with torres.
    Tbh Iniesta is a complete midfielder anyway, if he played in the DM position he'd probably do decent enough as a deep lying playmaker(i.e. Wilshere's role) but I see your point.

Plus anyway Kaka hasn't been too great after leaving Madrid. A better example of flops would be Alex Song at Barca e.g. or Javier Pastore since going to PSG.

ReputationRep:
    Just the typical CL matches and at international level E.g. the olympics. He's not an elite player true. Tbh he's just a better version of Andros Townsend, but not fit to lick Arjen Robbens ********.

His best times weren't past it. It's just that he had his contract situation and was running it down or something like that.

There are other examples of big money flops. Kaka in his second stint at Milan was pretty average too. Mata wasn't a flop this season at Chelsea, he had pretty good performances when he actually did play. If anything(despite what his record suggests there) he has been a flop at United. Mata didn't seem at the forefront of everything and he was exposed plenty of times at United(3-0 loses to Liverpool and City).

Iker is overrated and has been pretty average for a good 3 years imo. Diego Lopez outperformed him and tbh they're already planning for life without him by buying Kaylor Navas.

Kaka wasn't a bad investment decision, replacing Sneijder with Kaka in 2009 didn't seem like too bad a decision. They're similar players and Kaka clearly was the better player at the time. Just that Mourinho found a way to fit Sneijder while Pellegrini thought it was a good idea to play Kaka as a wide attacking midfielder when he's best in the centre.

Tbh Iniesta is a complete midfielder anyway, if he played in the DM position he'd probably do decent enough as a deep lying playmaker(i.e. Wilshere's role) but I see your point.

Plus anyway Kaka hasn't been too great after leaving Madrid. A better example of flops would be Alex Song at Barca e.g. or Javier Pastore since going to PSG.

Not surprising really, Wenger does tend to use players in systems which make them seem better than they actually are. Look at all of our players which have left. Very few have hit the heights that they hit here, with the exception of Van Persie.

ReputationRep:
    Juventus want jackie wilshere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Juventus want jackie wilshere
    I'd get rid before his value plummets even more. Remember when there was talk of man city being after him for 40m in 2011. How times have changed. If he wasn't english he'd go for around 10m imo he doesn't really excel at anything his best trait used to be how he could carry the ball from deep and quickly transition in to attack but he can't even do that anymore

ReputationRep:
    He's not worth more than £15 million taking into account his injury background, his appalling attitude and, well, the fact he just ain't that good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    more talk about reus..

Not even worth contemplating it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Replace Luke with Butty- we need a no-nonsense holding midfielder...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looks like I missed all the fun

Plz guys :'(

I would kill as a waterboy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ineedhelpman)
    Arsenal all the way. We see this season Liverpool. Suarez helped you, now your gonna be nothing. You spent over 70mil on what? full of crap players. Whose won the premier league without loosing a game? ARSENAL!!!
    Liverpool fans you finally got your first win against Arsenal after a very long time.
    Stroke of luck really just got tactics wrong. Spurs are going to beat you to top 4 even Everton

Gerrard premier leagues : 0!
    There's trying too hard and then there's this...

ReputationRep:
    Reading into Wenger's press conf seems like he wants to sell Vermaelen abroad, he still clearly sees United as a threat, they'll improve but not to the extent of becoming title challengers but still it's the principle, we shouldn't be helping their rebuilding process.

Also seems like JW might start in the no.10 role on Sunday. I would be happy with this team..

WS; MD, CC, LK, KG; MF, AR, JW; AOC, AS, JC

Not sure about the fitness of Giroud so Campbell comes in, also wouldn't mind Sanogo having a run at City's defence if he's fit. I think it's quite a fluid front four which could cause City a lot of problems with the interchanging of positions, although no doubt Wenger will start with Arteta and Cazorla only for them to be passengers :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Reading into Wenger's press conf seems like he wants to sell Vermaelen abroad, he still clearly sees United as a threat, they'll improve but not to the extent of becoming title challengers but still it's the principle, we shouldn't be helping their rebuilding process.

Also seems like JW might start in the no.10 role on Sunday. I would be happy with this team..

WS; MD, CC, LK, KG; MF, AR, JW; AOC, AS, JC

Not sure about the fitness of Giroud so Campbell comes in, also wouldn't mind Sanogo having a run at City's defence if he's fit. I think it's quite a fluid front four which could cause City a lot of problems with the interchanging of positions, although no doubt Wenger will start with Arteta and Cazorla only for them to be passengers :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd prefer to use a 4-1-4-1 Whilst Ozil is out. Jack and Ramsey will hold. Jack DLP, Ramsey B2B. Alexis on the right, Santi on the left and Sanogo up front. Bring on Campbell on has an impact sub.

Sagna is most likely starting so our work down our left is important. I think we can take advantage of him considering he hasn't jeled with is team mates yet and his lack of pace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'd prefer to use a 4-1-4-1 Whilst Ozil is out. Jack and Ramsey will hold. Jack DLP, Ramsey B2B. Alexis on the right, Santi on the left and Sanogo up front. Bring on Campbell on has an impact sub.

Sagna is most likely starting so our work down our left is important. I think we can take advantage of him considering he hasn't jeled with is team mates yet and his lack of pace.
    If you're using 4-1-4-1 you don't need Jack to hold. He should be pushing forward with Ramsey. That's the whole point of the 4-1-4-1.

Who is going to play as the 3rd CM/DM then arteta?

ReputationRep:
    most likely, Wenger lost all faith in Flamini towards the end of last season.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys heard what cavani's agent has said?

Edinson Cavani's agent, Claudio Anelluci:
    "I can confirm that Cavani has heard proposals from Liverpool & Arsenal."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're using 4-1-4-1 you don't need Jack to hold. He should be pushing forward with Ramsey. That's the whole point of the 4-1-4-1.

I'd prefer to have Ramsey slightly further forward than Jack. I like those forward drives Jack does those direct runs are very disruptive, Ramsey imo is more mobile than Jack that's why I want Jack almost like a DLP

Don't really have any other choice but to play Arteta DM.

ReputationRep:
    Formation only works if you get Carvalho tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'd prefer to have Ramsey slightly further forward than Jack. I like those forward drives Jack does those direct runs are very disruptive, Ramsey imo is more mobile than Jack that's why I want Jack almost like a DLP

Don't really have any other choice but to play Arteta DM.
    Ramsey is much better defensively and we'll need that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Carvalho
    Ramsey Wilshere
    Ozil Sanchez
    Walcott

4-1-2-2-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.