Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Yeah kings looked like a nightmare, such a pretty college so no surprise it's popular haha
    Did you get an offer from selwyn?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I did I wasn't expecting it at all after the interviews but I'm so happy to have been given an offer. Well done on yours too! Queens' was a college I was considering myself - it has an awesome combination of modern and old buildings. Why did you choose Queens' out of interest?

Went to Cambridge with my family for the weekend to show them my college - it's definitely given me motivation to ace these a2 exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardude8)
    Yes I did I wasn't expecting it at all after the interviews but I'm so happy to have been given an offer. Well done on yours too! Queens' was a college I was considering myself - it has an awesome combination of modern and old buildings. Why did you choose Queens' out of interest?

Went to Cambridge with my family for the weekend to show them my college - it's definitely given me motivation to ace these a2 exams!
    Yeah I thought my interview was awful so was super shocked too
    Ngl picked it because stephen fry went there and other people from my school have got in there before, I'd never seen the college before my interview

Yeah I'm feeling the pressure to meet my offer now, what offer have you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought my interview was awful so was super shocked too
    Ngl picked it because stephen fry went there and other people from my school have got in there before, I'd never seen the college before my interview

Yeah I'm feeling the pressure to meet my offer now, what offer have you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool My offer's A*AA, which is high but from the others I've seen it could have been a lot higher. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Cool My offer's A*AA, which is high but from the others I've seen it could have been a lot higher. How about you?
    Yeah same but mine doesn't include maths which would have been my easiest A*, just further maths economics and eng lit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same but mine doesn't include maths which would have been my easiest A*, just further maths economics and eng lit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My offer doesn't include maths either, so I've got to try to achieve it in another subject too.

ReputationRep:
    My offer doesn't include maths either, so I've got to try to achieve it in another subject too.
    I suppose this has made me focus on my other subjects more though so probably quite beneficial, what subjects are you doing this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I suppose this has made me focus on my other subjects more though so probably quite beneficial, what subjects are you doing this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess so yeah. I'm doing further maths, econ, chemistry, french and latin. I guess I can mess up two of them but I shouldn't really think about it like that- I'll try my best in all of them and hope I can get that A* I need. I am missing a proper essay subject like eng lit or history though, I hope I can pick up that skill if I get in. What subject do you think you have the best chance for an A* in?

ReputationRep:
    I guess so yeah. I'm doing further maths, econ, chemistry, french and latin. I guess I can mess up two of them but I shouldn't really think about it like that- I'll try my best in all of them and hope I can get that A* I need. I am missing a proper essay subject like eng lit or history though, I hope I can pick up that skill if I get in. What subject do you think you have the best chance for an A* in?
    Econ probably but maybe further maths, English is too much of a risk

Don't know how you can face Latin, that subject's so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Econ probably but maybe further maths, English is too much of a risk

Don't know how you can face Latin, that subject's so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Econ, fm and chem I think I could get it in but not sure about the others.

English was always my hardest subject at gcse so I don't think I could do it at A-level. Good to have an essay subject I guess

Yeah it is hard, mainly because I don't have many timetabled lessons so a lot of self-study is involved - I enjoy it though, so I'm able to persevere.

ReputationRep:
    Econ, fm and chem I think I could get it in but not sure about the others.

English was always my hardest subject at gcse so I don't think I could do it at A-level. Good to have an essay subject I guess

Yeah it is hard, mainly because I don't have many timetabled lessons so a lot of self-study is involved - I enjoy it though, so I'm able to persevere.
    Oh really? I'm just self teaching s3, couldn't imagine doing more than a few subjects completely on my own

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? I'm just self teaching s3, couldn't imagine doing more than a few subjects completely on my own

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For some courses, like maths, where much of it is textbook-led, self-teaching isn't too bad- I'm doing fm by myself, but it makes you appreciate the amount of lesson time per subject you normally have - it's quite a lot of time to dedicate to one subject in lessons only, let alone the homework and revision they want you to do. I guess the important thing is that you enjoy what you're doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morale_boost)
    I feel the same way about Columbia, that's one of the main things I want to find out from the open day tbh, the competition for each of the unis abroad

Mine's Wednesday 3rd of Feb, you?
    Wednesday 4th of feb, so is yours the same day or Tuesday 3rd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahrheit)
    Wednesday 4th of feb, so is yours the same day or Tuesday 3rd?
    Wednesday the 4th, my bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiJH)
    Yeah but it only had 53 applicants this year. I was hoping the 104 would put people off and it seems like it did������

Also I did all the TSA practice papers and was getting high marks so St. John's was the only one using the TSA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats for the offer at Johns - plz may I ask about the TSA - any particular books you would recommend or any other tips? Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by novatech)
    Congrats for the offer at Johns - plz may I ask about the TSA - any particular books you would recommend or any other tips? Many thanks.
    Tbh I didn't do too much practice for it, I did all the papers I could find online but I didn't do anything beyond that. I was doing a lot f practice for maths competitions at the time though which were much harder questions but involved similar approaches to questions so I'd maybe advise doing lots of the UK maths challenge questions if possible. Message me if you have any other questions if you want 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiJH)
    Tbh I didn't do too much practice for it, I did all the papers I could find online but I didn't do anything beyond that. I was doing a lot f practice for maths competitions at the time though which were much harder questions but involved similar approaches to questions so I'd maybe advise doing lots of the UK maths challenge questions if possible. Message me if you have any other questions if you want ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much for your response...much appreciated. Yes, I shall msg you.

ReputationRep:
    Economics Offer from Warwick!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aditkulkarni)
    Congrats! Is that your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aditkulkarni)
    Well done!I am still waiting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.