The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GianluigiBuffon
it was pointing to the inner though...

but it is the chloroplast envelope, idk imo both could be right but who df knows
Original post by AnnekaChan173
I edited my message :':wink: True. I'm probably wrong.

Im sure we can both agree that this was a **** paper though lol
Just to satisfy a disagreement: On the question about where RBC come from I wrote stem cells in bone marrow but a friend of mine put hepatocytes in the liver because that's where foetal RBC are produced. I argued that it didn't specify foetal but she said that the stem cell/bone marrow answer wasn't on our spec whereas hepatocytes/liver was. Just wondering what everyone else thought
Original post by ChoccyPhilly

It was so bad that I think ive got aids from it
Original post by diddlemyhiddle
Just to satisfy a disagreement: On the question about where RBC come from I wrote stem cells in bone marrow but a friend of mine put hepatocytes in the liver because that's where foetal RBC are produced. I argued that it didn't specify foetal but she said that the stem cell/bone marrow answer wasn't on our spec whereas hepatocytes/liver was. Just wondering what everyone else thought

Its stem cells and bone marrow
Original post by ChoccyPhilly

Pretty bad. Not sure if I did well enough for the A*.

Wrong. It was on our spec last year, pleuripotent stem cells in bone marrow can differentiate to produce red blood cells.
Best paper everrr

I'm pretty sure it was in last year? I think it's synoptic so they are allowed to chuck in knowledge Q's from last year's syllabus because we should still know it. I could be wrong tho

I think it will still be stem cells and bone marrow. Although that is a slight glimmer of hope for those of us who put Hepatocytes & Liver
Its stem cells and bone marrow

In the textbook page 40, it says liver makes red blood cells in the fetus?
What was the order of properties in the M/S/B question? I can't remember which order the effector or from CNS came up

its nowhere on the spec or i would've seen it when i read the whole thing
it was probably an AS question with regards to undifferentiated cells
It was a synoptic paper. Stem cells abd bone marrow are on the unit 1 spec so can be included

Wrong. It was on our spec last year, pleuripotent stem cells in bone marrow can differentiate to produce red blood cells.

would undifferenciated cells and bone marrow get the mark?
Original post by gh1290
would undifferenciated cells and bone marrow get the mark?

Probably too vague. Stem cells alone should be fine though.
what did everyone write about the incomplete breakdown of glucose question?????? I TOTALLY SCREWED THIS UPPPP
It was so bad that I think ive got aids from it

Low grade boundaries for all! Tbh, I'll be lucky to crack 40
Original post by JoshFH
I thought it might be about reducing sugar loss from the surrounding tissue preventing hypoglycemia as the sugar solution is closer to blood/tissue fluid water potential.... but a quick search brought this up

"Peritoneal dialysis solution contains dextrose (or another sugar), as well as salt and minerals dissolved in water. The dextrose pulls wastes and fluids into the dialysis solution. The solution comes in concentrations of 1.5%, 2.5% and 4.25% dextrose. Higher amounts pull away more waste, which offers immediate and long-term benefits. But over time, the body absorbs dextrose -- and that causes dialysis to become less effective."

http://www.sharecare.com/health/genitourinary-drugs/what-dextrose-peritoneal-dialysis-solution

I said something along the lines of the peritonium contains other body fluids so dextrose will maintain the concentration gradient. I wonder if that's enough. Saw the "Maintain concentration gradient" in 2009 MS before :colondollar:
can you talk about amino acids and triglycerides turning into glucose?? I am so lost worst paper i have ever touched!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending