Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeleyvic)
    Anyone who's been offered HO/O position, are you thinking of trying again for TSP when it opens tomorrow? Not sure whether to give it another go...
    Apparently the salary for HO/O is 23k and 29k respectively. What's the salary range of TSP btw? I'm just curious - if it what going through the process again - it took almost a year to get to this stage not even start the job yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ijebuode)
    Apparently the salary for HO/O is 23k and 29k respectively. What's the salary range of TSP btw? I'm just curious - if it what going through the process again - it took almost a year to get to this stage not even start the job yet.
    National wage for TSP is £27, 045 to £39,946 and London is £29,256 to £43,192.
    I know salary for O is £23,600, not sure of HO.
    In terms of wages then I am persuaded to try again. If i don't get through TSP anyway, then i'll (hopefully) have the O role i've been provisionally offered this time around anyway.
    BUT, like you said, its taken so long to get this far and i'm not sure I want to go through the process again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeleyvic)
    National wage for TSP is £27, 045 to £39,946 and London is £29,256 to £43,192.
    I know salary for O is £23,600, not sure of HO.
    In terms of wages then I am persuaded to try again. If i don't get through TSP anyway, then i'll (hopefully) have the O role i've been provisionally offered this time around anyway.
    BUT, like you said, its taken so long to get this far and i'm not sure I want to go through the process again!
    I know HO starting is above the TSP start, but they will soon be overtaken I believe by the year 2 point probably, and definitely by year 4 when the TSP get promotions to G7. I'm probably not going to go for the TSP as after 2 years at HO can apparently transfer modules over onto an accelerated TSP

ReputationRep:
    Anyone waiting for their start date in Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Is this role open to recent graduates only? I graduated years ago, am I wasting my time by applying ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd1983)
    Is this role open to recent graduates only? I graduated years ago, am I wasting my time by applying ?
    There is no time limit according to their guidance. I graduated many moons ago and intend to apply. 2001!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sk80gse)
    There is no time limit according to their guidance. I graduated many moons ago and intend to apply. 2001!
    Thanks, I'll apply )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    I know HO starting is above the TSP start, but they will soon be overtaken I believe by the year 2 point probably, and definitely by year 4 when the TSP get promotions to G7. I'm probably not going to go for the TSP as after 2 years at HO can apparently transfer modules over onto an accelerated TSP
    The point you raise about being able to transfer onto an accelerated TSP is incorrect I'm afraid. For some reason a lot of people think this is the case when it's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerwizard)
    The point you raise about being able to transfer onto an accelerated TSP is incorrect I'm afraid. For some reason a lot of people think this is the case when it's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you explain further- bcos I was think the same as well. So tell me what's the best way to go about it . I was given O band offer and the difference btw O and HO band is over 6k . How long do you have to hold a position for before moving up to next grade ?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I find it hard to believe that any civil service department would apply a glass ceiling preventing internal promotion opportunities. Eg, they aren't going to make an HO Tax Professional go back to apply for the TSP from day 1. They won't exclude you from going back to the beginning, however they won't disregard the modules you've already completed up to that point. Otherwise they'd be paying you for learning you've already done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    I find it hard to believe that any civil service department would apply a glass ceiling preventing internal promotion opportunities. Eg, they aren't going to make an HO Tax Professional go back to apply for the TSP from day 1. They won't exclude you from going back to the beginning, however they won't disregard the modules you've already completed up to that point. Otherwise they'd be paying you for learning you've already done.
    My point is that you will still have to apply for it, and it won't be something that will just automatically happen after two years for example.

ReputationRep:
    My point is that you will still have to apply for it, and it won't be something that will just automatically happen after two years for example.
    I said you can transfer modules, not that it's an automatic transfer.

Name:  20161014_112201.png
Views: 108
Size:  187.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    I said you can transfer modules, not that it's an automatic transfer.

Name:  20161014_112201.png
Views: 108
Size:  187.6 KB
    Which was exactly my point...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You seemed to be saying it's not possible to transfer onto the ATSP. Nobody said it was automatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHRos)
    Anyone waiting for their start date in Leeds?

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my status change from conducting pre employment checks to, pre employment checks have now been satisfactorily completed. It says that they'll be in touch 'shortly' with a start date but does anyone know how long this is likely to take? Judging by the amount of time it's taken previously, I'm not holding my breath that it'll be anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickyp1987)
    I've had my status change from conducting pre employment checks to, pre employment checks have now been satisfactorily completed. It says that they'll be in touch 'shortly' with a start date but does anyone know how long this is likely to take? Judging by the amount of time it's taken previously, I'm not holding my breath that it'll be anytime soon.
    What location?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickyp1987)
    Hey well done! Can I know what role and location this was for?

ReputationRep:
    So after calling up DBS this week and finding out that my DBS application wasn't sent off by HMRC I have now got an update. Just rang DBS and they told me that they received an application for me yesterday, after completing the form on the 5th of October. The good news was that as its just a basic DBS check its already in the queue to be printed so I guess DBS checks don't actually take that long but its just about when HMRC decide to send the forms off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneale)
    What location?*
    For Longbenton

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.