Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDKY)
    Does anyone have an offer from King's or UCL with an LNAT score of 22 or less?
    I have offers from both with an LNAT score of 22! I was incredibly surprised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAssassin786)
    The MCQs went really well! My essay question was 'Do prisoners have the right to vote?' What was your essay question?
    That's good then! One of my choices was similar, the one I answered was something to do with how much CEOs are paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky21851441)
    Offers from UCL and King's College London for Law, which should I accept. Bristol is my insurance. Happy to be accepted from anyway to be honest because my LNAT went so badly!
    Congrats! When did you apply & what are your grades/LNAT if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from both with an LNAT score of 22! I was incredibly surprised
    That's amazing, congratulations! You must've had a really strong application in other areas? Do you mind me asking what you got at AS?
    I'm so worried about KCL, I applied in October with poor LNAT (24) and AS results, but you've given me back a tiny bit of hope aha, congrats again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)
    The theory is busted. Applied 14th OCT, with LNAT already done. Surname "M". Still no offer.
    Interesting. I wonder how they select when to reply. It's not date, not grades, not surname, not LNAT score. Maybe personal statement, or a mix of everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bagella)
    Just got an offer from Nottingham over 5 months since I applied! Definitetly firming them as they were my favourite and they gave me an AAA offer even though their standard offer is A*AA and that's what I'm predicted! Good luck to everyone else hearing from them
    Aaaah! I was predicted AAA and got an offer of A*AA from Notts really wish they offered me my predictions.. I hope they will accept A*AB in the end because u think I may end up getting that

ReputationRep:
    Offers from UCL and King's College London for Law, which should I accept. Bristol is my insurance. Happy to be accepted from anyway to be honest because my LNAT went so badly!
    What score did you get?

ReputationRep:
    offer from durham with lnat score 20 so lnat is not really a big deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDKY)
    Does anyone have an offer from King's or UCL with an LNAT score of 22 or less?
    Yepp just received an offer from Kings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetraynor)
    Congrats! What was your LNAT score and AS grades, if you don't mind me asking?
    Awful LNAT Score of 18 :eek:.. AS Grades: AAAA

ReputationRep:
    It's so reassuring to hear that they probably don't prioritise LNAT, but your AS grades are fantastic!
    Do you think you'll firm it?
    You know you're replying to a troll, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonstran)
    Yeah, I realised, I'm an idiot ahaha (I already knew that the KCL cut-off was 20 anyway, blame my ill/tired state)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I realised, I'm an idiot ahaha (I already knew that the KCL cut-off was 20 anyway, blame my ill/tired state)
    Nah, you're fine. It's just a rule of thumb of mine that if it smells like a troll, it is a troll. Doesn't appear to be travelling alone, either.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you're fine. It's just a rule of thumb of mine that if it smells like a troll, it is a troll. Doesn't appear to be travelling alone, either.
    I guess it was just wishful thinking that somebody with such a low LNAT could get an offer, I was clinging on to hope!

ReputationRep:
    I guess it was just wishful thinking that somebody with such a low LNAT could get an offer, I was clinging on to hope!
    No, I know. I find all this quite crap, frankly. I posted about my offer because I was pretty excited, but I dislike that people are feeling dejected and upset in these threads all the same. At the end of the day, what matters is the law and who loves it; regardless of how well people do now, the real aptitude will show when they're facing down a career path that will sap the life and soul out of them because they thought they should do this for status and money.

What was your LNAT and where have you applied? Any offers?

ReputationRep:
    No, I know. I find all this quite crap, frankly. I posted about my offer because I was pretty excited, but I dislike that people are feeling dejected and upset in these threads all the same. At the end of the day, what matters is the law and who loves it; regardless of how well people do now, the real aptitude will show when they're facing down a career path that will sap the life and soul out of them because they thought they should do this for status and money.

What was your LNAT and where have you applied? Any offers?
    Poor LNAT (24), predicted A*AA, applied to Exeter (offer AAA), Reading (offer AAA), Kent (offer AAB) and Oxford (don't even ask why, I was feeling brave last minute, obviously rejected). I applied early October, not completely considering where I was applying to, and since then I've become more and more keen to stay in London (hence why I'm being so annoying and hounding people about their KCL offers ahah). You? Congrats on your offer, btw

ReputationRep:
    Are you accusing me of being a troll? Likewise, I am also very surprised that I received an offer from King's with my poor LNAT MCQ score. However, like you, who I assume have received an offer to study law, I have showed enthusiasm to study the subject and have engaged in a lot of extra-curricular and work experience - which evidently the assessors were able to appreciate. I must admit, your comments are upsetting when I ACTUALLY have my acceptance letter on hand. But oh well, I wish you two the best with your studies.

ReputationRep:
    Poor LNAT (24), predicted A*AA, applied to Exeter (offer AAA), Reading (offer AAA), Kent (offer AAB) and Oxford (don't even ask why, I was feeling brave last minute, obviously rejected). I applied early October, not completely considering where I was applying to, and since then I've become more and more keen to stay in London (hence why I'm being so annoying and hounding people about their KCL offers ahah). You? Congrats on your offer, btw
    Thank you, that's very nice of you. 24 is above average. Even if it's a few points above, it's still above. From what I remember, KCL were taking at 25 or something last year. Also, my understanding is that Exeter is very highly regarded, so my sense is you might have done well applying to other London universities and taking a shot on the non-LNATs such as the likes of LSE perhaps.

3 offers out of 5. That's something to focus on. All is not lost . These universities are not dumb; they will always look at the whole picture and again, you are above average on the LNAT. Don't be so hard on yourself, yo.

ReputationRep:

My only reply to this is that clearly King's are able appreciate that there is more to a candidate than their LNAT score. Hold tight. BE POSITIVE. I'm sure you'll get your King's offer soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJAustria)
    My only reply to this is that clearly King's are able appreciate that there is more to a candidate than their LNAT score. Hold tight. BE POSITIVE. I'm sure you'll get your King's offer soon
    Well if you're genuine then thank you, congrats & best of luck with your other offers, etc, maybe I'm mistaken about their LNAT cut-off

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.