Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of getting no sleep because of the thought of results - it's not healthy at all for anyone, they should mark the bloody exams faster

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I'm sick of getting no sleep because of the thought of results - it's not healthy at all for anyone, they should mark the bloody exams faster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry for worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.

Honestly, what will be will be. Worrying yourself sick will change nothing, all our fates will be sealed by now. Try to stop thinking of it by occupying your wandering mind with something. :yes:

I was terrible before nearly all of my exams. Must've had about 3 or 4 hours of sleep the nights prior. Exercise and not revising anywhere near sleeping time are essential in my view.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Drugs

Piriton is amazing for making you drowzy enough for a good night's sleep (well I find it is).

My OH uses natrasleep or 5HTP.

A bit of chemical assistance to get the sleep you need when your brain is working against you is fine.

Or alternatively I find listening to the radio on a low volume is often enough to distract me but not engage me so I can drop off (radio 4 Gardeners Question Time is my favourite at the moment - it's not boring but it's not exciting enough to keep me awake so with a dark room and 45 minutes I'll usually be gone before it finishes).

I've known some people who swear by listening to ASMR videos to get them to sleep - might be worth a try if it's getting to be an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    I did sociology too! What exam board did you do it with?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    AQA, I did education and family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Drugs
    :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    :ahhhhh:
    Piriton is over the counter from a pharmacist.

Natrasleep and 5HTP are both available from supermarkets/health food shops

None need a prescription but are worth a try for a good night's sleep

(plus if you have hayfever then piriton will help sort that out overnight too )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Oh gosh yes! I couldn't bear being a secondary school teacher, I could barely handle my classmates! :rofl:
    I'd be way too unproffesional to be a teacher, can't help joking with people I'd probably end up going clubbing with some of the students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cereidee)
    AQA, I did education and family.
    Same, how did you find the exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any Durham hopefuls here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPauling)
    Any Durham hopefuls here?
    No, but I do remember having the pulled pork at University College on an open day. It was sublime.

ReputationRep:
    I know we don't receive our grades until the 18th but is there still the possibility of being accepted/rejected from our firm and insurance choice through UCAS before the 18th? Or is only after we receive our results? I'm a bit confused as I've heard mixed things. Best of luck to everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    Same, how did you find the exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was more prepared for education - my teacher for family was shite. But in the family paper i almost started to cry with happiness, the only thing i really understood was the Marxist perspective, and when i saw the 20 marker I was in shock. Bruh, all the questions was in my favour, i don't think i could have asked for a better paper,(for both topics)

How did you find it?
    Are you going to take it for A2 as well? I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoli1998)
    I know we don't receive our grades until the 18th but is there still the possibility of being accepted/rejected from our firm and insurance choice through UCAS before the 18th? Or is only after we receive our results? I'm a bit confused as I've heard mixed things. Best of luck to everyone!!
    Through UCAS no.
    They might accidently send you a welcome e-mail a few days early but that risks them loosing the right to access the results early so is unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure things only update on track at 8:00am on the 18th.

however, i know a girl who got an email the other day from ucas saying that her offer was changed to unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Do clearing places still have requirements or are they based on available spaces ????

Wouldn't seem like a good idea if a prestigious Uni was in clearing and still had high requirements for those that missed out on their offers (firm/insurance) ?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    Do clearing places still have requirements or are they based on available spaces ????

Wouldn't seem like a good idea if a prestigious Uni was in clearing and still had high requirements for those that missed out on their offers (firm/insurance) ?????
    Yeah they still have requirements... It can be 1/2 grades lower but why wouldn't it be a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    I was more prepared for education - my teacher for family was shite. But in the family paper i almost started to cry with happiness, the only thing i really understood was the Marxist perspective, and when i saw the 20 marker I was in shock. Bruh, all the questions was in my favour, i don't think i could have asked for a better paper,(for both topics)

How did you find it?
    Are you going to take it for A2 as well? I am.
    Yeah I was more prepared for education aswell! The 20 marker on that paper was really good, it was on an area which I understood really well! In terms of families, the Marxist 20 marker was amazing. I thought I'd be screwed, but everything made sense and I was able to answer properly. Research methods was a bit hard, but it could have been worse!! I am taking it to A2, and I'm looking forward to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Universities have to sign an embargo not to reveal information based on results before 6am on the 18th.

It's possible they might break that embargo by accident but it isn't common.

Even if they do the only information you would get would be that you're accepted/rejected - nothing about your actual grades
    I'm pretty sure things only update on track at 8:00am on the 18th.

however, i know a girl who got an email the other day from ucas saying that her offer was changed to unconditional.
    That's pretty sneaky. A university making an applicant UF now could be doing it to prevent the applicant using adjustment. - that's the main motivation of universities making unconditional offers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's probably worth mentioning that a lot of universities send out "good luck with your results" emails or postcards the weekend before A level results. These mailings come from the MARKETING team and aren't filtered based on your actual results. A lot of people get the postcard and then get rejected, some get the postcards then miss their grades but get accepted and some get the postcard and do exceptionally well. EVERY applicant with a place will be sent that mailing.

UCAS also like to scare the **** out of applicants every year with a mailing the weekend before results all about how clearing works. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE IN CLEARING - UCAS are just trying to sell you endsleigh insurance and similar crap because they get a shitload of cash for sending out this bumf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vannzzoo)
    Anyone waiting on Edexcel C4, C3, D1 results, Bio F214 and F215 results and Chem F324 and F325 results. I don't know what to expect but I'm somewhat excited.
    I'm waiting on them all minus C4 and C3

How did you think they went??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Piriton is over the counter from a pharmacist.
    Aha, I know.

(Original post by PQ)
    Natrasleep and 5HTP are both available from supermarkets/health food shops
    Mm.. but just bc they're available doesn't really mean that it's a good suggestion. Sleeping tablets/supplements can be addictive + tbh, you shouldn't really take them unless prescribed. I mean, if you're relying on them at this age, regardless of whether it's to do with stress/anxiety/whatever then it could affect you later.

An alternative would simply be to adopt a smarter lifestyle especially bc from what I've read it only seems to be caused by results day so it'd be a bit silly to go down that route. Don't really think antihistamine tablets are any better tbf bc it'd at best only work for a few nights. Not to mention that when you awaken you'll most probably feel incredibly bleurgh/groggy. I'm sure if 'Sacred Ground' didn't use any of his technology stuffz past, like, idk 7pm the he'd be .. less likely to stay up until ridiculous hours.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.