Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Anyone mind reading an email I'm going to try and send to the mental health advisor at my uni? I'm really scared about sending it and need a second opinion.
i can if you like, you can PM me, or email it to me, my email is on my profile.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
i can if you like, you can PM me, or email it to me, my email is on my profile.
I've emailed it to you. Thanks Luke :hugs:
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont think my appeal is going to go through - ive lost all my dreams, the man i loved to follow my dreams and now im scared to leave the house.
All the hallucinating and im scared to go out anymore - i was so embarrassed i was as high as a kite the other day between one thing and another. I always look drunk but its the combination of everything ive been on now. I cant remember whether i was ill that day and it scares the crap out of me.
I know one day im gonna be on my own and im gonna be ill - it scares the crap out of me!
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
u k jonathon?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs:

I just don't think there's any way back up for me.

fairy spangles, I'm sorry everything's so awful at the moment. When do you find out about your appeal? :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just want my friends back. :cry:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I feel the worst I have felt in a long time. I got the accommodation I wanted and I have my first college choice but, despite that, I feel absolutely awful. The stupid ****er that I spoke to some time ago forgot to pass my message on saying I want - no, NEED - another appointment with my psychiatrist. So now I will not see anyone until next Thursday. URGH. I feel SO depressed and just completely ****. I don't even feel happy about the accom... I can't FEEL it . I don't want to live like this for much longer, it's hellish.

:hugs: for Jonathan.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I just want to die now,
Right now. I've just had enough of this now.
Well why don't you kill yourself? What stops you from doing it?

Or you could do what I'm considering and get some alcohol and drown yourself unconscious.

I'm about to put some clothes on and look for my passport and head to the off licence for some vodka then mix it with diet pepsi and down the whole bottle.

How about it?

The pain will go away in a few hours once we're pissed I'm sure. We should do it together. Are you above the legal age?

Anyone else want to join us?
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahhh well I've just noticed you're 17 so probably cant do the whole 'get alcohol and pass out' deal.

Anyone else feel like crap and want to do this with me?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
ahhh well I've just noticed you're 17 so probably cant do the whole 'get alcohol and pass out' deal.

Anyone else feel like crap and want to do this with me?
Tufts, Sweetheart, what's the matter? Please don't do this :hugs: You mean too much to us all here and we'd never cope without you. Please don't buy the vodka, please
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Tufts, Sweetheart, what's the matter? Please don't do this :hugs: You mean too much to us all here and we'd never cope without you. Please don't buy the vodka, please
I know it must seem like I'm an attention whore. I'm just so close to putting my clothes and and getting vodka and drinking the whole bottle on an empty stomach and I'm on really strong antibiotics and it will be scary but I cant see any viable option otherwise.

I'm not an attention whore. I'm just in a very bad place and I want to dissapear. Or at least become unconscious so it feels as though I have dissapeared. so it feels like I've ceased to be.

My boyfriend will be home in 2 hours so I only have 2 hours to get unconscious.

I'm so close to heading out the door. I've found my passport
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
I know it must seem like I'm an attention whore. I'm just so close to putting my clothes and and getting vodka and drinking the whole bottle on an empty stomach and I'm on really strong antibiotics and it will be scary but I cant see any viable option otherwise.

I'm not an attention whore. I'm just in a very bad place and I want to dissapear. Or at least become unconscious so it feels as though I have dissapeared. so it feels like I've ceased to be.

Tufts, you are NOT an attention whore so please don't try and explain yourself to us as we don't think that of you at all :hugs:

I can understand why you'd rather not be conscious right now, but do you really want to put yourself in a close to death situation? Has anything in particular happened to trigger this desire today? x
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)

I used to do that every day. It starts off once and gets more and more often until you're sitting about getting drunk on your own everyday, it doesn't solve your problems it just makes you hide from them and give you other problems like the damage to your liver and bank balance. It doesn't solve anything, you'll still be here at the end of it only you'll feel like crap, your problems will still be there just you'll have put off addressing them. I don't want to sound like I'm preaching but I have been there I know you must feel absolutely awful to consider it, but please don't do it. it doesn't solve anything in the end it just makes things worse.

Could you play online games or look at silly cat pictures or just talk to us, anything to distract you from doing that until your bf comes home?
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Tufts, you are NOT an attention whore so please don't try and explain yourself to us as we don't think that of you at all :hugs:

I can understand why you'd rather not be conscious right now, but do you really want to put yourself in a close to death situation? Has anything in particular happened to trigger this desire today? x
I feel like a waste of space. a black mark on the plannet. All I do is take up space and drain people's resources. I have nothing to show for being on this plannet. Nothing to show for my years of existence.

the fact that alcohol will comfort me and take away this nothingness (albiet temporarily) is sucking me in. The alure of being put to sleep when my boyfriend gets back from work. The alure of being unconscious. When you're unconscious nothing matters. you dont even have thought waves. you don't even have any awareness of yourself as an entity. I want that ignorance right now. What's the alternative?

I'm starting to put my clothes on now. I can't see the alternative
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I used to do that every day. It starts off once and gets more and more often until you're sitting about getting drunk on your own everyday, it doesn't solve your problems it just makes you hide from them and give you other problems like the damage to your liver and bank balance. It doesn't solve anything, you'll still be here at the end of it only you'll feel like crap, your problems will still be there just you'll have put off addressing them. I don't want to sound like I'm preaching but I have been there I know you must feel absolutely awful to consider it, but please don't do it. it doesn't solve anything in the end it just makes things worse.

Could you play online games or look at silly cat pictures or just talk to us, anything to distract you from doing that until your bf comes home?
it will be depressing when my boyfriend comes home I hate it. I hate what we do. Our time is spend sitting seperately at our respective computers wasting our lives away. We don't interact. We don't converse. He doesn't care how I feel. I am nothing but a glorified squatter to him. I am nothing. I am rag doll to him. I sit in the corner and shut up.

That reality (i.e. that I am no one) is too depressing to cope with in full technicolor. At least if I was drunk - that reality (of being ignored - of being no one) would be muted, blurred, maybe not even exist for a few hours if I become unconscious. That alure is getting to be too much for me. The alure of the alcohol and its promises of temporary comfort.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
it will be depressing when my boyfriend comes home I hate it. I hate what we do. Our time is spend sitting seperately at our respective computers wasting our lives away. We don't interact. We don't converse. He doesn't care how I feel. I am nothing but a glorified squatter to him. I am nothing. I am rag doll to him. I sit in the corner and shut up.

That reality (i.e. that I am no one) is too depressing to cope with in full technicolor. At least if I was drunk - that reality (of being ignored - of being no one) would be muted, blurred, maybe not even exist for a few hours if I become unconscious. That alure is getting to be too much for me. The alure of the alcohol and its promises of temporary comfort.
:hugs: I can see the allure if you feel like that, but it's not a solution to the problems you're having. Could you not try talking to your boyfriend to try sort something out? I'm sure he doesn't see you that way, if he did he wouldn't be with you. You're not no one, you matter just as much as everyone else in the world, are you at university? that's an achievement, so were probably your grades, you do matter to so many people like your family and friends, they care about you doing this.

Let's say you got really drunk to the point of being unconscious, what does it actually solve? nothing. you'll still be in the same situation when you wake up just you'll have a horrible hangover and still have to deal with it. Alcohol might seem like a good short term solution but in the end you'll have achieved nothing and long term it just causes more problems on top of what you're already dealing with.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
:hugs: I can see the allure if you feel like that, but it's not a solution to the problems you're having. Could you not try talking to your boyfriend to try sort something out? I'm sure he doesn't see you that way, if he did he wouldn't be with you. You're not no one, you matter just as much as everyone else in the world, are you at university? that's an achievement, so were probably your grades, you do matter to so many people like your family and friends, they care about you doing this.

Let's say you got really drunk to the point of being unconscious, what does it actually solve? nothing. you'll still be in the same situation when you wake up just you'll have a horrible hangover and still have to deal with it. Alcohol might seem like a good short term solution but in the end you'll have achieved nothing and long term it just causes more problems on top of what you're already dealing with.
But what is the alternative? Sitting here waiting for my boyfriend to get home and then having the fact that I am worthless rubbed in my face as he ignores me for the entire night At least if I'm drunk I will care less that I'm ignored.

I've got all my clothes on now. got my passport. got my money. damn im really going to do this.

I hope you guys will still talk to me when i get back from the shop in 15 mins
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
But what is the alternative? Sitting here waiting for my boyfriend to get home and then having the fact that I am worthless rubbed in my face as he ignores me for the entire night At least if I'm drunk I will care less that I'm ignored.

I've got all my clothes on now. got my passport. got my money. damn im really going to do this.

I hope you guys will still talk to me when i get back from the shop in 15 mins
Why's he ignoring you, bfs aren't supposed to do that? Maybe you guys need to have a sit down and conversation with each other over the matter because if he's treating you like that he doesn't sound like a very good bf at all.

I'm sorry I couldn't stop you going to the store. :hugs: if you need to talk when you get back I'll still be around.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tufts, please don't do this to yourself. Could you spend the night at a friend's if you don't want to be around your boyfriend at the moment?

Drinking will make things worse.

:hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads