Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sree)
    Send it off 10th October. long long time:P
    how about you?
    Almost as long as me, 8th Octoberrr... 2 months and a day, the wait is killing me, I really hope this Friday will bring good news, don't think I could last till January without losing my mind!

In other news, someone mentioned above that they think tomorrow will be a rejection day, what are people's thoughts on this? I think it's a bit unorthodox being a Wednesday and all but you never know... Let's hope it's not

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on 15th september. This friday (12th december) it'll be almost 3 months. I hope LSE sticks to its unofficial rule of giving out a decision within 3 months of the receipt of ones application! haha I can't wait until mid January! It would be 4 months then without any sign of life from LSE ...........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tribalium)
    basically, u're right:p:
    it's also one reasons why Imperial is called Imperial China LOL
    Why the LOL? :P

ReputationRep:
    Grrr, three months is a long time to wait. Especially since I check track on average five times a day. 5 x 7 = 35. 35 x 4 = 140. 140 x 3....well, it's a long wait. Knowing my luck I'll get a late rejection or something.

In other news I got my first offer today (University of Manchester: Pol & IR) - I got far too excited. I inadvertently text loads of my uni mates the news...then realised many got rejected by UoM last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    Grrr, three months is a long time to wait. Especially since I check track on average five times a day. 5 x 7 = 35. 35 x 4 = 140. 140 x 3....well, it's a long wait. Knowing my luck I'll get a late rejection or something.

In other news I got my first offer today (University of Manchester: Pol & IR) - I got far too excited. I inadvertently text loads of my uni mates the news...then realised many got rejected by UoM last year
    well done!! Is it one of your top choices? Either way, an offer's an offer! What grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crash209)
    well done!! Is it one of your top choices? Either way, an offer's an offer! What grades?
    Thanks! Ha, it's actually my last choice - the course looks amazing, so does the uni but Manchester's a bit close to where I live now. I'm also applying for Law w/Politics there which'd be my preffered choice.

I'm post A-level so it's UC, but the standard offer's AAB. Tbh I'm really holding out for an offer for LSE or UCL but as you say an offers an offer! What are you applying for at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    Thanks! Ha, it's actually my last choice - the course looks amazing, so does the uni but Manchester's a bit close to where I live now. I'm also applying for Law w/Politics there which'd be my preffered choice.

I'm post A-level so it's UC, but the standard offer's AAB. Tbh I'm really holding out for an offer for LSE or UCL but as you say an offers an offer! What are you applying for at LSE?
    Oh that's still great, at least you know you're going somewhere! One of my best friends is at Manchester this year and he loves it

I'm going for straight Economics it would actually be the greatest moment of my life if I got an LSE offer! Slash Warwick, that'd be amazing too. Good luck with your top two, I'm sure you'll get one of them, if not both!

ReputationRep:
    My Cambridge interview is on Friday at about 12-12.30. However, if I got an LSE offer at that time, I'd probably run out of the room around campus screaming YES YES YESS!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Im a post IB student applying for gov & econ, sent my application on the 19th nov, i was wondering if anyone knows is the acknowledgement email the same as the "shortlist email"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midweekbreak)
    Im a post IB student applying for gov & econ, sent my application on the 19th nov, i was wondering if anyone knows is the acknowledgement email the same as the "shortlist email"?
    NO.

Why would it be?

ReputationRep:
    so for clarity's sake:

does the gathered pile email mean they will DEFINITELY not respond till next year, whilst not recieving it means probable reply this week, but MAYBE waiting just as long as the gathered pile peeps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grademe)
    so for clarity's sake:

does the gathered pile email mean they will DEFINITELY not respond till next year, whilst not recieving it means probable reply this week, but MAYBE waiting just as long as the gathered pile peeps?
    Pretty much.

Logic tells us a probable reply this week, but I wouldn't get your hopes up as there seem to be so many people in this situation.

Also, all of this is regarding early applicants (before Oct 15th), I think very very very few people who applied after have heard anything apart from an acknowledgement.

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm really confused... one day i am sure that I wanna do gov & econ, but den I wanna do just econ, and vice-versa!! Please help:^{

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eazy.P)
    Now I'm really confused... one day i am sure that I wanna do gov & econ, but den I wanna do just econ, and vice-versa!! Please help:^{
    Well, you've probably got more chance of being accepted for gov + econ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mariachi)
    Pretty much.

Logic tells us a probable reply this week, but I wouldn't get your hopes up as there seem to be so many people in this situation.

Also, all of this is regarding early applicants (before Oct 15th), I think very very very few people who applied after have heard anything apart from an acknowledgement.

that's ok, I am an early applicant. but regardless, we must wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eazy.P)
    You haven't applied yet? Both are very competitive, but straight Econ more so! If you like politics almost as much/as much as economics then go for the joint honours, if not go for the single. Don't base it on appslace or anything like that, both'll get some of the top candidates in the country applying. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crash209)
    Oh that's still great, at least you know you're going somewhere! One of my best friends is at Manchester this year and he loves it

I'm going for straight Economics it would actually be the greatest moment of my life if I got an LSE offer! Slash Warwick, that'd be amazing too. Good luck with your top two, I'm sure you'll get one of them, if not both!
    Ha, I know, the nightlife is amaazing and the city's big enough to have everything but not as densely crowded as London! Oooh straight Econ eh, you must be ridiculously clever then! I'm sure you'll be fine, if you don't get one chances are you'll get the other. Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    whoever's organising this thing can add me to the list of History applicants, don't want to leave rotor all by him/herself. Got AAB offers from Nottingham and Warwick and an ABB offer from SOAS for reference, all for pure History. Only got an acknowledgement from LSE and Edinburgh thus far, any idea whether they sift through history applications pre xmas, it'd make my holidays if i got an offer pre holiday, anyway best of luck to you lot.

ReputationRep:
    Hello you all! I've reapplied to LSE 4 years after being rejected for Economics! lol!
    I've applied this year for BSc in Management Sciences... keep fingers crossed! Now I am a stronger applicant than I used to be (I reckon...)
    As in Alevel Physics, Maths, Business Studies and Spanish
    Have studied BEng in Aeronautical Engineering in Spain's best uni and I have working experience... oh god... I want this offer so badly!!!
    Good luck for all of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    Hello you all! I've reapplied to LSE 4 years after being rejected for Economics! lol!
    I've applied this year for BSc in Management Sciences... keep fingers crossed! Now I am a stronger applicant than I used to be (I reckon...)
    As in Alevel Physics, Maths, Business Studies and Spanish
    Have studied BEng in Aeronautical Engineering in Spain's best uni and I have working experience... oh god... I want this offer so badly!!!
    Good luck for all of you!
    Good luck

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.