Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
poo girl is all i have to say.
claireythepinkfairy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm coughing loads too, all the dust and smoke.
I've also managed to pick up a sickness bug and have been vomiting since, can't keep any food down. Fml.
The_Showstopper
Report 9 years ago
Been to Reading for the past three years now and this year was the best for me, not in terms of the music but for the general banter. Loved Bloc Party's performance (first time I'd ever heard of them was when I went to see them two years ago at Reading and fell in love) as well as Lethal Bizzle's. The crowd went absolutely insane when he dropped 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'.

Didn't really see any of the tent fires that people are talking about, but this was probably as I was walking back from the Silent Disco (if anyone was there, I was the guy giving free hugs and generally dancing really shodilly!!) at around half past 4 in the morning.

All in all, tremendous weekend, looking forward to 2010!
Less_then_zero
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The_Showstopper)
Been to Reading for the past three years now and this year was the best for me, not in terms of the music but for the general banter. Loved Bloc Party's performance (first time I'd ever heard of them was when I went to see them two years ago at Reading and fell in love) as well as Lethal Bizzle's. The crowd went absolutely insane when he dropped 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'.

Didn't really see any of the tent fires that people are talking about, but this was probably as I was walking back from the Silent Disco (if anyone was there, I was the guy giving free hugs and generally dancing really shodilly!!) at around half past 4 in the morning.

All in all, tremendous weekend, looking forward to 2010!
it was a great year man, best year since i went in 06 i think, just had a load of cool people camped with me....

i'm so glad a checked out lethal bizzle, i was loving it i saw bloc party for the first time live aswell really cool although i was really just trying to get forward for radiohead...
Eleanor08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im a bit sad i missed lethal bizzle. me and my friend went off to tesco (on the boat!) because someone stole all our alcohol and we couldnt afford the stuff from the tents outside. i had seen him before though. he's really fun.

god, this is the worst thing i've ever read: http://www.lookfantastic.com/feature...ival_chic.html .

UGH. JUST UGH! I honestly think I was the worst dressed girl at reading festival and I really really could not give a ****. I wasnt there to look good.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Reue has festival flu
missimpossible
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Eleanor08)
im a bit sad i missed lethal bizzle. me and my friend went off to tesco (on the boat!) because someone stole all our alcohol and we couldnt afford the stuff from the tents outside. i had seen him before though. he's really fun.

god, this is the worst thing i've ever read: http://www.lookfantastic.com/feature...ival_chic.html .

UGH. JUST UGH! I honestly think I was the worst dressed girl at reading festival and I really really could not give a ****. I wasnt there to look good.
I know, I saw a lot of lassies wandering about with make up on and stuff and I was a bit :eek3: how the hell can they be bothered? I've never done any of that at a festival... but oh well! Each to their own :rolleyes:
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Seconded. Leeds fest has changed so much ; it used to be all about the music when I first started going (in 2001), now its all about being able to say you went, and fcking 'posing' :rolleyes:
LdnShmoo
Report 9 years ago

i've gotta admit i looked pretty **** aswell, i spent the entire weekend in my friends grandads maaaaaassive jumper, which was basically rank by the time i got home (i swear something actually flew out of it as i was driving home...), and i realised when i saw everyone else wandering round looking immaculate that most of my clothes had holes in them! ah well, i had an amazing time anyway
ParadoxSocks
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by missimpossible)
I know, I saw a lot of lassies wandering about with make up on and stuff and I was a bit how the hell can they be bothered? I've never done any of that at a festival... but oh well! Each to their own
I loved watching them lose their stupidly overpriced brand new 'fashionable' wellies as they crowd surfed. Spending so much on a pair of wellies is mental!
Nfixlol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by snoogy)
I loved watching them lose their stupidly overpriced brand new 'fashionable' wellies as they crowd surfed. Spending so much on a pair of wellies is mental!
:rofl: harsh, my mate lost her new expensive flats while crowd surfing at bloc party

on second thought, its her fault tbh, lol, who in their right mind wears new shoes to a festival
b.ryan123
Report 9 years ago
Was anyone else here present for the fire/police thing that happened in green early monday morning???? Also that chav who was being really annoying and cocky and had rediculously baggy tracksuit bottoms on. So baggy they actually fell down in front of everyone which = 100s laughing at him and calling him a w----er.
Our campsite was directly parrallel with it about five tents back. So i got to see aaalllll of it. A few of our tents got trampled on while people were trying to escape the police.
hello975
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Leeds was awsome! Radiohead were amazing as were Deftones but I think Faith No More were best by far, Mike Patton is a genius :cool: . Did anyone see the size of the circle pit for anti-flag? It was insane! Oh yeah and I saw a guy get his leg broken in Prodigy that was pretty :puke:
Nfixlol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by b.ryan123)
Was anyone else here present for the fire/police thing that happened in green early monday morning???? Also that chav who was being really annoying and cocky and had rediculously baggy tracksuit bottoms on. So baggy they actually fell down in front of everyone which = 100s laughing at him and calling him a w----er.
Our campsite was directly parrallel with it about five tents back. So i got to see aaalllll of it. A few of our tents got trampled on while people were trying to escape the police.
http://www.rediculous.co.uk/

sorry, i just had to and yeah, i heard about that, lol
b.ryan123
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)
Interviewer: "Talking of that, you're just up yourselves"

Ahahahahahahaha how accurate...
In the interview they said they had just woken up... maybe it just took them a reaaallllyyy long time to wake up and were still half asleep when they played at reading.....
Hattie.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JohnnySPal)
Reading Festival has given me Swine Flu. Grrrrrrreat.
Me too.
b.ryan123
Report 9 years ago
Highlights-
Fall out boy (i was middle nearly at front which is the worst place but am proud to say i stayed alive. Was surprisingly rough. Got so dirty because of the dust), Bloc party (two fromt he front also nearly died), Maccabees (precious time), Friendly fires (lovesick plus eds dancing), you me at six (poker face cover. ha), LA ROUX!!!! (tigerlilly), Gossip (at the front and me and my friend patted her arse ), Florence and the machine.

I fought for it and got really good views for all these bands. That plus knowing allll the words (for me) makes a great experience. I was so proud of myself. I fell over alongside this man in fall out boy and we ended up with a load of people on top of us and he was screaming 'argh my legs my legs!'. Poor man.

Also can i just say how much i fell in love with lightspeed champion. I had literally only heard one of their songs a few times but seriously enjoyed the set. Devonte was so charasmatic and he seems such a nice guy. I had seen him on never mind the buzzcocks and thought this but im glad seeing him confirmed it for me. He needs more credit me thinks.

Ive loved firendly fires for a while now but they are clearly going to do so well next year. And they deserve it.
Tom Wigan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's this I hear about a girl falling in a toilet?
Hattie.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tom Wigan)
What's this I hear about a girl falling in a toilet?
Isn't it tradition on the last night for people to snorkel in the toilets?
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friends all went and saw La Roux over Radiohead at Reading :facepalm:

I had to go and see them by myself :king3:

The Prodigy were ******* AWESOME as were Bloc Party, we were pretty near the front towards the left but it was mental!
Florence + The Machine were crazy, that woman is unbelievable. Was anyone else involved in that domino pile up during Florence + the Machine where practically the whole of that front left side fell on top of each other in one long line and Florence made a comment about the crowd falling so gracefully?

My wellies are covered in slits and cuts from being trampled but it was so worth it

KOL were pretty arrogant sods weren't they? Telling the crowd to **** themselves isn't going to get them any respect and everyone was left feeling a little confused for the rest of their set. But i'll agree that the crowd atmosphere was a little **** and that people seemed far too concerned about getting on the TV.

For my first Reading I thought it was wicked and already have my ticket for next year :yes:
We camped in Orange and the riots didn't seem as bad as in Purple, Yellow and Green.

I went through 100 wet wipes due to the dust :o:
There's also a chance I may have picked up Swine Flu too, this may or may not have been from the random guy who was standing near me with a protective suit on which had "Swine Flu Spreading Team" or something along those lines.. I'll stick with hoping it was a joke :p:

edit: Oh I can't believe I forgot to mention YYYs and when they played Maps :'] Maximo Park were actually pretty good too. M O were alright but we didn't stay for all of their set. Metric were good too, as were 3OH!3 (i'm very happy I actually found some people who were willing to get up that early to go and see them )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads