Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    On another note: where can I buy ProPlus in stores? I assume Boots/Superdrug kinda thing carry them?
    Boots do, have you used them before? If so any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Boots do, have you used them before? if so any good?
    Never used it, but my caffeine intake is normally sky high with the quantites of Coke I imbibe. However, I'm now living off whatever's on offer in Sainsbury's and that's mostly been sparkling water and squash. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris-carnage)
    I checked the Nuffield website, but they were kinda boring I want to do a synthesis, but paracetemol, aspirin, methyl orange, benzocaine and guaifenisin are all taken, and I don't have a clue about what else you can make.

Wow that is a busy life you lead! I wish I had more interesting stuff to do lol.
    This isn't really synthesis reaction but you could look at extracting chemicals from things such as iodine from seaweed or limisine oil from oranges. One guy in my class was looking into fertiliser production reactions. Have you asked your teacher for ideas? Our one notes all his ideas down in case. To be honest it doesn't matter what you do so long as you can be enthusiastic about it and don't mind spending hours doing dilutions and repeats.

What are you doing for the bacca? It sounded like they wanted us to do masters level research when we went to a meeting about it! One guy was trying to make a toy which would run itself, and another looked into the use of spider cells in knee transplants!

ReputationRep:
    Haha :p: I'm thinking I might be more effective with stimulant help. I can program late because I get into a 'zone', but I can't do the same with pretty much anything else.

Modafinil's the one the RAF use to keep their long-distance pilots awake, right? Can you get it without prescription? :ninja:
    There's no legal way of getting it :ninja: Varsity did a coverage of modafnil use among students quite some time ago and they found it's very widespread, with some supervisors apparently selling them illegally to their supervisees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayshaH)
    Awesome I'm almost finished mine so I'll submit it asap

How u enjoying uni?
    It's good but it gets boring at times. With christmas and whatnot coming up though and my new job I think i'm going to be very busy

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be a never ending book now on mercantile capitalism...fun fun fun!! Oh well I have a field trip to look forward to tomorrow.
    Where are you going? Field trips are always good even when the subject is totally boring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    There's no legal way of getting it :ninja: Varsity did a coverage of modafnil use among students quite some time ago and they found it's very widespread, with some supervisors apparently selling them illegally to their supervisees.
    Rats. I definitely won't be having a surreptitious poke around, then. The idea of supervisors selling drugs to students, but for academic purposes, seems like such a Cambridge-type thing, though. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    On another note: where can I buy ProPlus in stores? I assume Boots/Superdrug kinda thing carry them?
    Yeah they have them. But you can get them from super markets too.
    I get from tesco, they're in the drug isle near enegry sweets and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Rats. I definitely won't be having a surreptitious poke around, then. The idea of supervisors selling drugs to students, but for academic purposes, seems like such a Cambridge-type thing, though. :rofl:
    If you are best buddies with your GP you can always get him to prescribe you some :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    Where are you going? Field trips are always good even when the subject is totally boring!
    It's a Marine and Coastal Resource Management field trip to an aquarium. :p: Thankfully we will be moving on from capitalism tomorrow, hopefully something physical!

ReputationRep:
    hopefully something physical!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    :p: Can't even listen to it since I'm in the library and people will look...:sigh: I've been at it straight since 3 O'clock, I need a break and supper me thinks!

ProPlus do nothing for me, it's a freaking placebo! Slapping myself really hard across the cheek at 2am, then I'm raring to plunge my nose into the textbook.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding that one of my desk lamps has a color temperature approximating daylight, so that helps me a little. But it's not quite cutting it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    ProPlus do nothing for me, it's a freaking placebo! Slapping myself really hard across the cheek at 2am, then I'm raring to plunge my nose into the textbook.
    They keep me awake. You know when you're in class and you've been up late and its boring... your eyes are heavy etc. Yeah, I need them then! :p:
    I tried taking them at night but they just prolong my awareness slihgtly and I fall asleep just as easily. I need coffee for all nighters.

(Original post by xo-Heva)
    They keep me awake. You know when you're in class and you've been up late and its boring... your eyes are heavy etc. Yeah, I need them then! :p:
    I tried taking them at night but they just prolong my awareness slihgtly and I fall asleep just as easily. I need coffee for all nighters.
    I'm a zombie all morning in school, until after lunch, I'm a raving lunatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    I'm a zombie all day in school.
    This.
    I swear, my Spanish teacher knows I doze off but doesn't say anything :p:

ReputationRep:
    :p: Can't even listen to it since I'm in the library and people will look...:sigh: I've been at it straight since 3 O'clock, I need a break and supper me thinks!
    Go on, I dare ya, full blast and start dancing :ninja:

(Original post by bex285)
    This.
    I swear, my Spanish teacher knows I doze off but doesn't say anything :p:
    Hahaha, this reminds me of a time a guy fell asleep in my History class last year, the teacher did nothing to wake him up. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think I need some of that proplus just now or a slap, staying out until 4.30ish last night hasn't helped!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.