Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    Although KOS and Verm could also work just as well
    But it didnt

And why try something new when this is actually working.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    gnabry should be given a year abroad on loan in germany or something, atleast he can play in his home country and in a decent league where they offer youth a chance. Cant see him getting any opportunities to play next season.

Atletico basically came out and said falcao's for sale today, hopefully we can make a 54mill bid for him
    Looking forward to the youth players getting some games in the capital one cup or if they get sent out on loan. Players like akpom, yennaris and gnabry - think zelalem might develop with the under 21's for a year because he's only 16 although could play in the odd game. Not sure if eisfeld or eastmond can make it. Also, I'm looking forward to see what happens with miyaichi.

No way we're getting falcao

ReputationRep:
    How would you guys feel about signing lamela?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Looking forward to the youth players getting some games in the capital one cup or if they get sent out on loan. Players like akpom, yennaris and gnabry - think zelalem might develop with the under 21's for a year because he's only 16 although could play in the odd game. Not sure if eisfeld or eastmond can make it. Also, I'm looking forward to see what happens with miyaichi.

No way we're getting falcao
    the likes of akpom will never be regulars in our first team in my opinion, bellerin might but ill be surprised. Gnabry is the only one I see with serious talent and a player I see becoming a regular international in the future for germany, but hes gonna be 18 hes gotta start getting some experience to improve so he doesn't become one of those players that finally breaks through at the age of 23 like bertrand.

ReputationRep:
    "There is some interest from the Premier League and my representatives are looking at the offers now -- I would be keen for a move to London at some point in the future," Jovetic told reporters after Fiorentina's 5-1 win over Pescara after they failed to secure CL football.

Lets rap this deal up, lets do our business early

ReputationRep:
    Just send Gnarby, Bellerin out on loan to a midtable team, maybe even in Germany/Spain. If they've got the minerals then they'll come back ready to go into the first team like Wilshere did.

ReputationRep:

I don't particularly have much hate for Bale. I reckon we should put him out of his misery and give him some CL football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)

I don't particularly have much hate for Bale. I reckon we should put him out of his misery and give him some CL football.
    Walcott Bale Cazorla

Podolski

That front four :coma:

It would be big Sol revisited. Spurs fans would be devastated :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Just send Gnarby, Bellerin out on loan to a midtable team, maybe even in Germany/Spain. If they've got the minerals then they'll come back ready to go into the first team like Wilshere did.
    There's the risk they wouldn't want to return though. I think some of our players would have benefitted from playing abroad before coming here. I think Miyaichi came too soon. Would have probably worked out better if he spent some years in Germany to get a good grounding like Kagawa did, before coming to England. Instead, I think Miyaichi's future with Arsenal looks shaky, unfortunately. Speaking of which, what the hell's happened with J Campbell? Silva? Seemed promising enough when they were signed (maybe too early) but they've fallen off the radar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Walcott Bale Cazorla

Podolski

That front four :coma:

It would be big Sol revisited. Spurs fans would be devastated :rofl:
    Cheeky bid lol?

Read somewhere he is/was an Arsenal fan, but don't know if true?

ReputationRep:
    Cheeky bid lol?

Read somewhere he is/was an Arsenal fan, but don't know if true?
    Yeah I think he was, that is often the case. Like Carragher was an Everton fan but went on to play for Liverpool his whole career. Plenty more examples. It won't happen though, it would be a suicidal move from Spurs. Absolutely suicidal.

ReputationRep:
    There's the risk they wouldn't want to return though. I think some of our players would have benefitted from playing abroad before coming here. I think Miyaichi came too soon. Would have probably worked out better if he spent some years in Germany to get a good grounding like Kagawa did, before coming to England. Instead, I think Miyaichi's future with Arsenal looks shaky, unfortunately. Speaking of which, what the hell's happened with J Campbell? Silva? Seemed promising enough when they were signed (maybe too early) but they've fallen off the radar.
    That's the nature of promising young players, 1/10 will ever be good enough for Arsenal so never try to get too excited. Odds are Bellerin/Gnarby will end up playing for midtable or worse teams eventually but they have as much of a chance as anyone of making it. No way to know except to loan them out and hope for the best.

Miyaichi unlikely to even make it in the premiership now tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    the likes of akpom will never be regulars in our first team in my opinion, bellerin might but ill be surprised.
    I'd be surprised if bellerin doesn't break through tbh as he's been great this year. Akpom looks great too.

Campbell's on loan with real betis because he cant get a work permit iirc. I really hope miyaichi does break through and doesnt end up like vela.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

I'd be surprised if bellerin doesn't break through tbh as he's been great this year. Akpom looks great too.

Campbell's on loan with real betis because he cant get a work permit iirc. I really hope miyaichi does break through and doesnt end up like vela.
    Same

Season review with all 2012/2013 goals. Sit back and watch:

ReputationRep:
    how does our youth team compare to the likes of United, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool etc ?

ReputationRep:
    What's up with gervinho's hitler salutes? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    how does our youth team compare to the likes of United, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool etc ?
    That Arsenal and United actually bring youth team players into the first team, would be the big difference. Szczesny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Fabregas etc have been significantly better than what Utd have produced in the same period however.

Spurs/Chelsea have almost no tradition of bringing though youth into their first team. John Terry is literally the only player to have made a breakthrough in about 15 years whereas Spurs have just had Ledley King and Sol Campbell.

Liverpool are usually pretty good and have had some promising players recently. No Gerrards/Carraghers on the horizon however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    It wasn't your worst team, both teams have ambition (that's how football works), and I love our ground, ****ing love it. Bale's staying.
    Spuds have a good team. But even after the derby defeat I thought we'd finish above you, as your mentality just isn't good enough to maintain a position (i.e. when you were close to the top 2, and when you had 3rd place in your pocket). End result- me winning around 100 quid in bets

Bale might stay true. But remember RVP for us was well set up in London, his wife even told him to stay. Bale may move on but only for a select number of clubs and if the price is right.

The only good thing about your stadium is that it acts as a sign to tell unfamiliar people that they are close to the Emirates u wat u wat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Spuds have a good team. But even after the derby defeat I thought we'd finish above you, as your mentality just isn't good enough to maintain a position (i.e. when you were close to the top 2, and when you had 3rd place in your pocket). End result- me winning around 100 quid in bets

Bale might stay true. But remember RVP for us was well set up in London, his wife even told him to stay. Bale may move on but only for a select number of clubs and if the price is right.

The only good thing about your stadium is that it acts as a sign to tell unfamiliar people that they are close to the Emirates u wat u wat
    Genius +1 for that :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    AST Meeting

A lot of juicy info...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.