Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasty199)
    Yep I got that today!
    Have rejections gone out to people yet? if so, it must mean we're in the maybe pile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    I applied mid-Jan and got my invite less than 24 hours later. All their A/Cs are this month so I imagine they have quite a few dates left. All the best!
    Thank you, you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Able star)
    I got a PFO from Fieldfisher as well. I really want to know what this objective criteria is because I thought it was my best application. Maybe I could have included more of the firm's cases but there's only so much you can include in 250 words.
    Ditto! Felt mine was quite detailed as well but since the assessors are partners and senior associates I guess that it is fair since it is up to them to make the decision sooner or later, subjective as it may be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    Have rejections gone out to people yet? if so, it must mean we're in the maybe pile!
    No idea. Here's hoping!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Baker and Mckenzie SJT is horrific.
    Eeek I was just invited to take this, really worried as I didn't pass the benchmark on the HSF one...may I ask if you used anything to practise/ have any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what factors firms consider in determining whether an applicant makes it from first interview to AC.
    Is it based on the interview alone or do they review it in conjunction with the paper app?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasty199)
    PFO from HFW today (post
    good luck on your other apps

What was your application timeline like?

ReputationRep:
    Did my dentons watson-glaiser test yesterday and received a rejection within 5 hours... looks like i'm really really bad at them haha

ReputationRep:
    DWF anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    I'm still waiting on CRS. Wonder why they are taking so long...

End of Dec. So hopefully you'll have some good news soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_floyd)
    Eeek I was just invited to take this, really worried as I didn't pass the benchmark on the HSF one...may I ask if you used anything to practise/ have any tips?
    It will probably help to scan B&M's website in great detail/note down the competencies that they look for - Don't lose sight of the role of a trainee.

Probably best to go with your first instinct. Have the mindset of not trying to do too much as a trainee or too little. Try to find that balance when answering. There are some questions which are quite obviously outside the remit of a trainee, i.e attempting to delegate to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123_maggie)
    DWF anyone?
    Did my video interview last night so just waiting now

ReputationRep:
    Baker & Mckenzie telephone interview, process seems to move quickly once they start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Baker & Mckenzie telephone interview, process seems to move quickly once they start!
    That's good to hear! Out of curiosity, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine on the 17th of Jan and have not heard anything

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine to B&M on 28th December and not a single word - at best I'm in the 'meh if we have any scraps left at the end we will consider him', at worst I've been PFO'd and they just haven't got round to emailing me yet!

Has noone heard from Sidley Austin yet?

ReputationRep:
    DWF anyone?
    have you been invited for an assessment centre?

ReputationRep:
    DWF anyone?
    Did video interview on Sunday, just waiting now.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Withers or Bircham Dyson Bell?

ReputationRep:
    I Did DWF video interview yesterday , just waiting now.How did you find it ? Which office you have applied to?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had an email from a firm since last week regarding applications/interviews..... been oddly quiet!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.