Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i hate when cazorla plays on the wing, would rather have rosicky there in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    true but he is a top player. His usual position is behind the striker but Ozil plays their.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger should just play Chamberlain on the wing vs City and use Campbell as the impact sub.

ReputationRep:
    Excited about this weekend.. wifes away, no distractions - can just enjoy the first match of the year

ReputationRep:
    who's seen that video of Campbell merking off Nacho in training? He'll deffo start vs City.

ReputationRep:
    Chambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Walnutt.

ReputationRep:
    What Walcott brings to the team is very underrated IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    What Walcott brings to the team is very underrated IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile
    pace?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    pace?
    Goals

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Vermaelen is gone, hope it all works out for him because he's a good CB. He deserves to be playing regularly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Vermaelen can stay away from injuries then he should do a job for Barca, he's probably their best front foot defender now. If they switch to 3atb he shouldn't get exposed that much. Although, he seriously needs to sort out his positional sense and concentration. How many players have we sold them, it's getting ridiculous. Although, we've mugged them off a bit too, Song for £15m he hasn't even had a Iook in, that's what happens when you **** with Arsene :laugh:

Cesc didn't have the tactical discipline to play for Barca and he was £30m...

You would think Per will take over the captaincy, fully deserved imo. I think Kos should be vice, he's a quiet man on the pitch but he leads by example, which is the most important thing, he always comes up with decisive goals for example at St James Park and more recently the cup final. I'm sure there are plenty more examples.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are we able to sign Reus even if he wants to leave BVB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viriditas)
    Are we able to sign Reus even if he wants to leave BVB?
    seems to be rumours about every team wanting to buy him..heard liverpool, united, bayern etc.

If he was avaliable, the only reason I can see for him not having a good chance at coming to arsenal, is if wenger decides he does not want him..

Out of those teams:

United: no CL + not guarenteed a starting spot with 2 other very good strikers..
    Liverpool: Still shown to struggle to attract top players occasionally, and a bit risky for new players as they have not yet shown they can maintain CL football..
    Bayern: May be Reus' choice, but surely this will be dortmunds last possible choice..

Wheras at arsenal he would get CL each year, have little competition for a place, and have a good german core to the team already in place..

Seems a no brainer..

Which is exactly why it wont happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    seems to be rumours about every team wanting to buy him..heard liverpool, united, bayern etc.

If he was avaliable, the only reason I can see for him not having a good chance at coming to arsenal, is if wenger decides he does not want him..

Out of those teams:

United: no CL + not guarenteed a starting spot with 2 other very good strikers..
    Liverpool: Still shown to struggle to attract top players occasionally, and a bit risky for new players as they have not yet shown they can maintain CL football..
    Bayern: May be Reus' choice, but surely this will be dortmunds last possible choice..

Wheras at arsenal he would get CL each year, have little competition for a place, and have a good german core to the team already in place..

Seems a no brainer..

Don't forget that Bayern, Barcelona, Real, Chelsea and City would also be all over it.

Is starting, our Deutsche team, Champions League football, and London enough to outweigh what the aforementioned teams can offer?

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget that Bayern, Barcelona, Real, Chelsea and City would also be all over it.

Is starting, our Deutsche team, Champions League football, and London enough to outweigh what the aforementioned teams can offer?
    Chelsea and city could offer money, and the potential to win things..

Barca + Real the history and prestige on top of the above..

Those 4 would easily outway arsenal, as of yet I havent seen any of them linked.. but maybe I have just missed it - if they are in the race though, we dont stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

Out of those teams:

Seems a no brainer..

Would be very surprised if he moved this window, his buyout clause (which if Bayern are to be believed is as low as £20m) doesn't activate until next summer - any club looking to buy him this window would likely end up paying £40m+ for him. Plus next summer he'd have almost every top club in Europe battling for his signature so it makes little sense for him to move now.

That's assuming he even wants to leave in the first place, Dortmund want to increase his wages on his current contract in return for removing the buyout clause, he declined their initial offer (probably what sparked all the rumours) but they're supposedly fairly confident he'll agree. Of course, that could happen and he could still end up leaving, but at least Dortmund would actually get a fee nearer his true value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Would be very surprised if he moved this window, his buyout clause (which if Bayern are to be believed is as low as £20m) doesn't activate until next summer - any club looking to buy him this window would likely end up paying £40m+ for him. Plus next summer he'd have almost every top club in Europe battling for his signature so it makes little sense for him to move now.

That's assuming he even wants to leave in the first place, Dortmund want to increase his wages on his current contract in return for removing the buyout clause, he declined their initial offer (probably what sparked all the rumours) but they're supposedly fairly confident he'll agree. Of course, that could happen and he could still end up leaving, but at least Dortmund would actually get a fee nearer his true value.
    I would be very surpised also.. and I cant see arsenal stumping to pay 40+ Million for him..

Its a non-story, which is nice to daydream about, but wont come to anything..

I am not expecting him to come to arsenal, but I would be pissed if by slim chance, he went to united/liverpool this season.

ReputationRep:
    £40m for him is a fair price.

ReputationRep:
    £40m for him is a fair price.
    I'd happily pay £60m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Cesc didn't have the tactical discipline to play for Barca and he was £30m...
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    At times he was their best player. First half of every season he was either second to Messi or their best player.

He was easily worth more than 30M for Barca... He's only getting sold for cheap because he wanted out/manager didn't want him and Barca have to essentially make a team this window before the ban hits them.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.