Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    What did you think of it? I do A Level maths
    Do you need to prepare stuff for it? I hope it goes well!
    I'm good thanks, I have almost no homework right now
    I've had 3 sessions, one for M2, one for S2 and one for C2. I enjoyed Core the most even though I expected Mechanics to be more interesting How are you finding it?

Nope, wasn't even told what pretend job it would be for It went pretty well though, but apparently I was fidgeting

Same here! :cool:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Strom)
    I've had 3 sessions, one for M2, one for S2 and one for C2. I enjoyed Core the most even though I expected Mechanics to be more interesting How are you finding it?

Nope, wasn't even told what pretend job it would be for It went pretty well though, but apparently I was fidgeting

Same here! :cool:
    I'm currently doing S1 and C1, and will be starting M1 and C2 soon I'm finding it really good, all kind of links into GCSE so it's not too difficult

I imagine I'd be awful in an interview, I get so nervous with things like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martie08)
    I've only found ones up to 2010 on extreme papers and the like, otherwise no :/ Try contacting your teacher, as they presumably will have access to them on e-AQA.
    I'm sure the teachers will want to keep them a secret until after the mocks though... :/ oh well. I found a specimen paper which was quite useful!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently my schools taking away study leave I'm so angry right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I'm currently doing S1 and C1, and will be starting M1 and C2 soon I'm finding it really good, all kind of links into GCSE so it's not too difficult

I imagine I'd be awful in an interview, I get so nervous with things like that!
    So you're doing Maths & FMaths? Which is better, M S or C? :cool: When I tell people I enjoy maths they just look at me in disgust :sexface:

Have you never had one? I had to lie because I was asked about something that I accidentally left on my PS!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Strom)
    So you're doing Maths & FMaths? Which is better, M S or C? :cool: When I tell people I enjoy maths they just look at me in disgust :sexface:

Have you never had one? I had to lie because I was asked about something that I accidentally left on my PS!
    Nope just maths, we do C1, C2, S1 and M1 in AS, then if I carry it on to the full A Level I'll do C3, C4, S2 and M2 (I think)
    I personally like C and S the same (can't judge M get as haven't done it), but I'm better at stats

Never had one, our school sometimes does stuff like that but didn't for our year for some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    Maths is my favorite subject, I'm looking forward to taking it at A-level. I didn't take Further Maths though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the real exams or mocks?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! I was so annoyed when I found out we're going to get revision sessions during school instead which sucks because I can only do proper revision at home :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy23)
    Same! I was so annoyed when I found out we're going to get revision sessions during school instead which sucks because I can only do proper revision at home :/
    :O We have normal lessons during mock time and no study leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Don't sweat it, revising now is (for me) pointless because I'll just forget it again and I find it hard to sustain the effort lol
    peel for "don't sweat it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivialeicester)
    :O We have normal lessons during mock time and no study leave
    What? That's terrible! We're getting two weeks of no timetable and when we don't have exams, we go to one of the supervised rooms and revise so it's pretty good I can't complain tbh. Also, we get free exam breakfast and stationary yay!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Normal lessons during mock; no study leave for the real things, normal lessons with some revision sessions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What? That's terrible! We're getting two weeks of no timetable and when we don't have exams, we go to one of the supervised rooms and revise so it's pretty good I can't complain tbh. Also, we get free exam breakfast and stationary yay!
    Your school is nice. We're on normal timetable. But at least we get study leave for the real thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Your school is nice. We're on normal timetable. But at least we get study leave for the real thing
    Yeah, I'm pretty happy about how it's going to go but we don't get study leave for the real thing either which is really annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gortz1o1)
    For the real exams or mocks?
    Real exams. We've never had it for mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can only revise properly at home too I don't think we're having proper revision sessions even, we're just kind of left to chat and 'revise in groups' I honestly think it's going to be so detrimental to my results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Normal lessons during mock; no study leave for the real things, normal lessons with some revision sessions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's how they're doing it at mine pretty much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can only revise properly at home too I don't think we're having proper revision sessions even, we're just kind of left to chat and 'revise in groups' I honestly think it's going to be so detrimental to my results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The good things about my school is we can choose whether we want to go to a silent revision room, an "active revision" room or a room with computer access. So, I'm pretty happy about that that sucks for you, I honestly hate revising in groups or with people or as a class because I just revise better on my own, with no noise

ReputationRep:
    The good things about my school is we can choose whether we want to go to a silent revision room, an "active revision" room or a room with computer access. So, I'm pretty happy about that that sucks for you, I honestly hate revising in groups or with people or as a class because I just revise better on my own, with no noise
    If they did that it wouldn't be as bad for us, but we're just expected to sit in our lessons as normal and get bits and pieces of work done at least you have different options of what to do, if my school did it more like that I wouldn't mind as much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.