Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Hmm. I think like all theodicies, no matter how well thought out, it is still insufficient in its explanation of evil. I think the arguments this guy raises are still prone to the same problems.

I am also unsure whether or not to watch the Hamza Tzortzis video :lol:

Edit:

I just watched Hamza's video too. I think I might create a thread to respond to the videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Hmm. I think like all theodicies, no matter how well thought out, it is still insufficient in its explanation of evil. I think the arguments this guy raises are still prone to the same problems.

I am also unsure whether or not to watch the Hamza Tzortzis video :lol:

Edit:

I just watched Hamza's video too. I think I might create a thread to respond to the videos.
    Hehe feel free to make a thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    Yep an awesome dream.
    Aww really that's great hun :jumphug: your making me excited now!
    Oh yeah better spend that energy on shopping, we don't want to get fat he he, we will buy awesome things, :cool:
    Im good alhamdullilah, just busy doing my psychology essay and soz if im replying late sis.
    How are you?
    Yeah I have crazy dreams. And I hope to achieve them no matter how crazy they are. "Don't dream your life, live your dream."
    Loool aye aye.
    I heard psychology essays are generally quite long!! I recently sent in my Eng lit essay too alhamdulilah...1000 words!! Aww it's no prob. Insha'Allah it all goes well for you.
    Alhamdulilah I'm great!

ReputationRep:
    Some people seem to hold the view that covering your hair isn't obligatory for females...

You have to cover, no? Where has the idea that not covering is permissible come from?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Power Of Dhikr - Episode 1 - Muhammad Tim Humble

(Original post by What_is_life)
    Some people seem to hold the view that covering your hair isn't obligatory for females...

You have to cover, no? Where has the idea that not covering is permissible come from?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Desire.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    there are some Muslim scholars (albeit a minority) who maintain that covering the hair is not mandatory

for example, have a look here http://www.irfi.org/articles/article...date_hijab.htm

or here http://www.arabwestreport.info/year-...-not-religious

ReputationRep:
    "Muslim scholars". My foot.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes you have to cover. As TMG said: desires. They put forward a weak argument by using a Qur'an verse which concerns female covering. They say the verse does not mention hair so women don't have to wear headscarf. Something like that anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    x
    Unknown Micky Mouse scholars from random corners of the net.
    Seems legit!

ReputationRep:
    Salaam kulukum (Everyone),

How are you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Power Of Dhikr - Episode 1 - Muhammad Tim Humble

Desire.
    Ok brother
    there are some Muslim scholars (albeit a minority) who maintain that covering the hair is not mandatory

for example, have a look here http://www.irfi.org/articles/article...date_hijab.htm

Looks like they arent legit
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Yes you have to cover. As TMG said: desires. They put forward a weak argument by using a Qur'an verse which concerns female covering. They say the verse does not mention hair so women don't have to wear headscarf. Something like that anyway
    What would be your rebuttal to that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is compulsory for Muslim women to cover themselves no excuse. So called Muslim 'scholars' have lost the plot if they say something else. Pft. It's what makes us different from non Muslim girls.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    It is compulsory for Muslim women to cover themselves no excuse. So called Muslim 'scholars' have lost the plot if they say something else. Pft. It's what makes us different from non Muslim girls.
    how do you mean different from non- Muslim girls? like modesty wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islam786)
    Salam brothers i need some advice my best friend has left islam due to the actions of isis and blames the sharia law for being barbaric and by the way he doesn't know anything about islam he judges islam by the action of the muslims. And when i speak to him it feels like i'm speaking to a wall
    Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah.

As unfortunate as it is, if he allows an erroneous belief to warrant blocking out any explanation, that is his choice.

All that one can do is to try to present the truth - do so in manner that may make him listen to what you have to say and receive the words with a calm, open mind.

Present to him the condemnation of religious authorities and shaykhs.

In the end, you should do as much as you reasonably can and leave the rest to Allah ta'ala.

(Original post by islam786)
    Salam jazakallah for the advice
    Brother i spoken to many shaikhs and all of them condemn the action of isis but my freind who never spoken to any scholars he gets his info from the web i tell him to go speak to the shaikh and that they will answer is questions but he says that the scholars will make him more angry and also he thinks that every muslim that doesn't follow isis are apostates because he thinks that isis are following the true islam. I tell him so many times that they have broken the law of islam and they transgressed but he refuses to listen.
    There are many examples of falsehood on the internet. If we were to believe the internet without due thought, we would be compelled to say that all Muslims have Muzlamic ray guns. Just because it's on the internet, it doesn't mean it can be taken without objection.

(Original post by Al-farhan)
    Oh god.
    That is just hilarious.
    And people actually listen to him.
    and the way he just pronounces the ح, it is like he graduated from the hollywood school of arabic.
    Careful bro, that's Sh. Ergun al-Khaner you're talking about

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I think that's quite a good answer and one of the few things that we probably agree on. You need opposites to be able to experience anything in particular
    It's an amazing Surah, the sweetness of which increases as one studies it deeper

(Original post by ImNotMe)
    is it possible to feel positive emotions in the total absence of negative emotions? Isn't it all relative?

)
    There are several possibilities, in the absence of negativity:

1) positivity is still experienced, it is relatively better than indifference. It's significance is lesser.

2) The normal state is likely to be taken as the new negative state, so the level of normality shifts higher up the bad->good scale.

3) positivity becomes irrelevant as negativity is non-existential and everything in the normal state is sufficient and well. So normality becomes comparable to the positive state and any difference is insignificant.

(Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Beat me to it

ReputationRep:

Subhanallah, I have never heard a muslim scholar of islam stating that a muslim woman does not have to wear a hijab. Subhanallah, the hijab is a must for any muslimah. Modesty has to be at the forefront of every being, one cannot decide that the hijab is not important. One should know the dress code of muslims and cannot deem it to be unimportant. I did not look at those links as I did not deem it to be important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    :laugh:

Wa 'alaikumasalam Wa rahmatullah everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    Salaam kulukum (Everyone),

How are you guys?
    Wa'alaikum assalam

Alhumdulillah getting by! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    Wa'alaikum assalam

Alhumdulillah getting by! How about you?
    I am doing well alhamdulilah ukhti, just doing some revision and chilling - well not technically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    I am doing well alhamdulilah ukhti, just doing some revision and chilling - well not technically
    Ahh, revision! Aren't your exams like in May/June?
    I should be revising/practicing for my interview on Thursday but... meh. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    Ahh, revision! Aren't your exams like in May/June?
    I should be revising/practicing for my interview on Thursday but... meh. :lol:
    Lol, I have a phase test at uni in 2 days times :eek:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.