The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StyleIcon
My boyfriend hasn't replied to my text for the past week. Do you know how that feels? :dontknow:

Thats tough. I know the feeling. I found out today that when my ex disappeared, he was out cheating on me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My insides feel really crumbly, I've had a depressing day and a big knock to my confidence. :frown:
Original post by Maid Marian
I've had a depressing day and a big knock to my confidence. :frown:

Why, what happened?
upset/angry:mad:
Reply 2724
Original post by Multitalented me
Yeah it is, I talked to this guy at a bar earlier as he was on his own & ended up having interesting conversations on lots of topics haha, we exchanged numbers & he said he'd like to meet me with some of his friends at a club in a few days time. I'm up for it as I need to meet new people & hopefully find ones that actually value me although it's my first time so I'll probably be a bit nervous aha :tongue:

Omg, proud of you!!! as I know the old you
wouldn't be brave enough to do so, but you got success :biggrin: I just hope this guy is legit and that this is the start of you extending your social circle, with your new found confidence you will soon be telling me you are dating a lovely lass :smile:.

Start small and then progress is the approach you have seemed to take on, it seems to be one many need to take on :wink: adaption is good sometimes.
Reply 2725
My insides feel really crumbly, I've had a depressing day and a big knock to my confidence. :frown:

What happened babe?
Reply 2726
Original post by perfezione
extremely stressed, bored and hungry

Why you stressed huni pie?

You are making me peckish I could do with a chip butty haven't had one on years.
Original post by lou 22
Omg, proud of you!!! as I know the old you
wouldn't be brave enough to do so, but you got success :biggrin: I just hope this guy is legit and that this is the start of you extending your social circle, with your new found confidence you will soon be telling me you are dating a lovely lass :smile:.

Start small and then progress is the approach you have seemed to take on, it seems to be one many need to take on :wink: adaption is good sometimes.
Haha thanks, it was easier than I thought really, just asked him to get the internet to work on my phone & then started asking him what he was studying at the Uni, what year he was in & hobbies etc. He said his friends had deserted him as they were busy/don't like football, but yeah we ended up talking for a fair amount of time & watched the football together. He did seem decent enough though.

Also this girl at work said hi to me again, yay :biggrin: Basically I do kinda fancy her but I'm not sure of the feeling is mutual, I did add her on Facebook but she hasn't accepted it. I need to maybe ask her out for a coffee or something to get to know her better if I can garner the courage to acutally do so, gosh :erm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RFowler
Why, what happened?

Original post by lou 22
What happened babe?

I'm not very happy with the teacher I work with on Mondays and Tuesdays, today she ticked me off in front of the children twice and really undermined my position, and I've felt rubbish ever since. :frown:
Reply 2729
Original post by pagorai
Mentally exhausted. I am in need of some positive energy.

I know them feels exactly, feeling like that now in fact but not letting it show, as for the positive energy I am gonna meditate it really does help, try to take a couple of deep breathes in and let the negatives out when you breath out, see if that helps hopefully :smile:.
Hungry. Trying to resist chocolate :sigh:
Reply 2731
I'm not very happy with the teacher I work with on Mondays and Tuesdays, today she ticked me off in front of the children twice and really undermined my position, and I've felt rubbish ever since. :frown:

Some people are just power hungry fools, don't let her get to you, Marian shake it off ignore the idiot babe xx, plus she is a pathetic cow if she is only brave enough to try do so in front of minors so ignore ignore ignore :wink:.
Original post by lou 22
Omg MR MAN 5MILES :0

Super cool though, I wanna see your shiny sword lmao that sounds so wrong but I will not change it lol, what kind of sword is it? Is it for an art or just to display?

Are you/ were you ached up today?

:sexface:

Here's a picture of it when it was new:

Spoiler

I bought it second hand off a friend for £200. It sounds a lot but it's a good deal considering the guy who made the sword is well renowned.

I bought it to use for historical re-enactment so I will be hitting people with it in the near future. I need to build up some serious wrist strength though as it's quite a lot heavier than other swords so I can only move it slowly (and still be safe!) at the moment. I had a lot of fun at training and I'm really looking forward to the start of show season in May.

I ached quite a lot yesterday yes! A bit today but nowhere near as bad.
Reply 2733
Original post by hothedgehog
I am feeling disinterested and fed up. I am doing an MSc assignment and I just literally couldn't give a damn about it... The thing is I've only got a few hours tomorrow night, probably about 4 hours on Sunday and Monday evening to finish it off... I don't fully know what the hell I'm meant to be doing and frankly it all is a bit overwhelming - no idea how it's going to get done in time.. no doubt I'll be doing an all nighter at some point.

Poop, I actually dunno what to say other that I am rooting for you babe and you can do it :smile:.
Original post by lou 22
Some people are just power hungry fools, don't let her get to you, Marian shake it off ignore the idiot babe xx, plus she is a pathetic cow if she is only brave enough to try do so in front of minors so ignore ignore ignore :wink:.

:sad: It's already gotten to me :lol: :frown:

At least the other teacher isn't like that, she's an absolute dear :love:

Really sorry to hear that, I know it's easier said than done, but don't let it get to you! :frown: Can you not talk to someone and ask if you can change who you work with on those days?

I'm okay today, actually! Didn't really do much, just went for a quiet stroll along the seafront with three friends and we sat and laughed ourselves silly (to the point we felt sick and couldn't breathe) about a joke that a few people on our course have got. I'm also talking to an old friend I haven't spoken to since October, which is lovely, and we're hoping to meet up over the Easter holidays. Also will be going home in three days- as much as uni's been genuinely good fun, now I just feel ready to go home for a break. Got one more piece of coursework to go, then just three weeks at home (doing revision, but still...it's three weeks catching up with people I haven't seen since Christmas or before, too!).
Original post by ChemicalBond
Really sorry to hear that, I know it's easier said than done, but don't let it get to you! :frown: Can you not talk to someone and ask if you can change who you work with on those days?

:hugs:
Not an option :no: My job's over in a month or so anyway, so won't have to put up with it for much longer. :redface:
I have to tell you im feeling quite nervous

Exams are approaching
Father has gone to West Africa and Ebola isnt eradicated yet
and UKIP are polling

You can help me though by voting green on may 7th

VOTE GREEN AND ILL GET A FIRST,FATHER WILL SURVIVE AND FARAGE WILL DIE MUAHAHAHAHAHAH
:hugs:
Not an option :no: My job's over in a month or so anyway, so won't have to put up with it for much longer. :redface:

Awww, at least you don't have to put up with it for much longer. Keep your chin up! :biggrin:
Reply 2739
Original post by StyleIcon
My boyfriend hasn't replied to my text for the past week. Do you know how that feels? :dontknow:

I have had my own heartbreak recently, the guy I had fallen deeply for told me he was unsure about us and had been on a few dates with some other woman (I thought we were like an unofficial couple, referred to him as my bf) I spoke to him thanked him for his honesty told him I loved him after a little more hesitation he realised we had something and realised I love/loved him then few hours after he dumped me, I do still think he is confused as he has had a rough start to the yea.

But with some guys a weeks wait is nothing :wink: but type him again maybe.

Latest