The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
I'm not making it up I watched the game. Obviously it's natural for you to be all defensive because it's your team I get that...but Sakho get's exposed in a lot of games a lot of commentators have said this as well.
Why are you not refuting the specific points I made then?

Sakho is a quality defender and you can see that when he plays for France. The problem is that he excels best with a solid partner and we've not had that since he joined the club.

One thing you must understand is that if a defender is exposed, it isn't always his fault. The full back and CB either side of him in addition to the midfielders in front of him all play a huge part. If commentators are saying he's exposed, that doesn't always mean he's personally doing anything wrong. It means his teammates/set-up is poor in terms of defensive protection.
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
Erm why are Loserpool at home again, annoying muppets.
In a season, a team plays against each team in the league twice, once at home and once away. Liverpool have already played against us away and so now they are playing against us at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can feel a 0-0 coming....we need to put Memphis and Mata on I reckon
I'd be tempted to take Lingard off for Memphis and stick Martial on the right hand side and let him exploit the spaces left by Moreno when he ventures forward. Take Fellani off and stick Herrera alongside Schneiderlin to give us more creativity and Herrera's a terrier so he'd help with pressing.Also Mata coming on and play behind Rooney and play those defense splitting passes or the passes out wide to Martial and Memphis and encourage them to take on their opposing fullbacks. This is a proper average Liverpool defense, we should be working it much harder than we have.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
I'd be tempted to take Lingard off for Memphis and stick Martial on the right hand side and let him exploit the spaces left by Moreno when he ventures forward. Take Fellani off and stick Herrera alongside Schneiderlin to give us more creativity and Herrera's a terrier so he'd help with pressing.Also Mata coming on and play behind Rooney and play those defense splitting passes or the passes out wide to Martial and Memphis and encourage them to take on their opposing fullbacks. This is a proper average Liverpool defense, we should be working it much harder than we have.
Yupp I completely agree and with Liverpool's high pressing we can't afford to take extra touches on the ball we have to be quicker. This is how Young just got injured; he was waiting too long on the ball and therefore being on the receiving end of tackles left right and centre.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Why are you not refuting the specific points I made then?

Sakho is a quality defender and you can see that when he plays for France. The problem is that he excels best with a solid partner and we've not had that since he joined the club.

One thing you must understand is that if a defender is exposed, it isn't always his fault. The full back and CB either side of him in addition to the midfielders in front of him all play a huge part. If commentators are saying he's exposed, that doesn't always mean he's personally doing anything wrong. It means his teammates/set-up is poor in terms of defensive protection.
Dude I don't know what you're even arguing about. Nobody said Sakho is not quality or "bad" all I said is he will make mistakes sooner or later if we press him and not allow him all the space he's had in the first half.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dude I don't know what you're even arguing about. Nobody said Sakho is not quality or "bad" all I said is he will make mistakes sooner or later if we press him and not allow him all the space he's had in the first half.
Don't backtrack.

You were clearly insinuating he's poor on the ball and a defensive liability.
I explained why that isn't the case.
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Blimming hell. I hate how Bortwick-Jackson runs. His arms are just glued to his sides. Looks like a damn chicken.

Just annoys me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
Blimming hell. I hate how Bortwick-Jackson runs. His arms are just glued to his sides. Looks like a damn chicken.

Just annoys me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahahahaha i thought i was the only one who noticed :lol:
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)

Just annoys me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe you should mention that in your autobiography and use it as evidence as to why he'll never be a top footballer...
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was all for trying to keep this game slow and dour but it seems we are now even incapabale of doing that.

Screw it, throw on Mata and Memphis go, 4-2-4 and hope Liverpool defend even worse than we do.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Don't backtrack.

You were clearly insinuating he's poor on the ball and a defensive liability.
I explained why that isn't the case.
His original point was to press Sakho into mistakes not that he's clumsy and loses possession easily. I dont see what he's said wrong. We should be pressing Kolo and Sakho, you're defense is hardly any good and we should press to see if we can find any mistakes from there. Right now all we're doing is hitting long balls to Rooney which is useless because Sakho and Toure love the physical aspect and can dominate in the air.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
I was all for trying to keep this game slow and dour but it seems we are now even incapabale of doing that.

Screw it, throw on Mata and Memphis go, 4-2-4 and hope Liverpool defend even worse than we do.
It's so bad to watch but we just look devoid of ideas other than giving the ball to Martial and hoping he does something with it.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
His original point was to press Sakho into mistakes not that he's clumsy and loses possession easily. I dont see what he's said wrong. We should be pressing Kolo and Sakho, you're defense is hardly any good and we should press to see if we can find any mistakes from there. Right now all we're doing is hitting long balls to Rooney which is useless because Sakho and Toure love the physical aspect and can dominate in the air.
Well you can say that about any bloody defender then can't you...

My point is that although Sakho looks clumsy, he's actually very good on the ball so he handles pressing better than a fair amount of other defenders.

That's why I don't understand his point.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Martiallll ohhhhh
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Maybe you should mention that in your autobiography and use it as evidence as to why he'll never be a top footballer...
Henderson's not a top footballer though!!
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's so bad to watch but we just look devoid of ideas other than giving the ball to Martial and hoping he does something with it.
I'm not even asking for much, just the bare minimum; some movement and a bit of thought in what they are doing. The kind of basic stuff you learn when you are 10.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What's lingard doing there
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Henderson's not a top footballer though!!
"Never be", not "is"...

U fool.
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
6'4'' Fellaini can barely even win a header against 5'10'' Lucas and 5'6'' Joe Allen... Useless prat.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
"Never be", not "is"...

U fool.
He's 25 pal this is as good as it gets

#Fergieknows
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (118)
63.44%
No (68)
36.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise