Political Ambassador
    A generally excellent night

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Willie Rennie's just won North-East Fife off the SNP with a 10% majority and a 15% swing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    A generally excellent night

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Labour have more councillors then tories at present ( 4:16 am )
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Labour have more councillors then tories at present ( 4:16 am )
    But they started with a hell of a lot more. They're doing a lot better than expected, but we're doing well in Scotland and looking to be official opposition. Moreover, the SNP are badly failing compared to what was expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why did wood have to win...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    But they started with a hell of a lot more. They're doing a lot better than expected, but we're doing well in Scotland and looking to be official opposition. Moreover, the SNP are badly failing compared to what was expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True .... 40 Councils to many in my opinion ( considering their on 41 ) but there is still a chance they're lose over 100
    Labour are being punished in Scotland which of course is excellent news ..... 3seats is terrible
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Irrespective of the London results Corbyn is safe, looking forwards to Tooting falling to the Tories

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    'Tis a shame, but Leighton Andrews is a nasty man. I think his "cheap date" jibe might have come back to hurt him.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    'Tis a shame, but Leighton Andrews is a nasty man. I think his "cheap date" jibe might have come back to hurt him.
    What I will say about last night is I'm rather surprised. Labour are so I better than expected and the lib dems worse than I expected. I cannot say I am at all displeased by Scotland, where the SNP are performing poorly, perhaps showing potential for going back to relatively sound governance either next time round or the time after,, nor am I complaining about the fact that the Tories will almost certainly be the second party. I would have liked stronger results in the councils but I of course have no qualms with the UKIP and lib dem gains at the expense of labour in terms of Councillors, even if minimal change in terms of control
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What I will say about last night is I'm rather surprised. Labour are so I better than expected and the lib dems worse than I expected. I cannot say I am at all displeased by Scotland, where the SNP are performing poorly, perhaps showing potential for going back to relatively sound governance either next time round or the time after,, nor am I complaining about the fact that the Tories will almost certainly be the second party. I would have liked stronger results in the councils but I of course have no qualms with the UKIP and lib dem gains at the expense of labour in terms of Councillors, even if minimal change in terms of control
    And Labour have held off the Lib Dem challenge and retained Cardiff Central. Lib Dems are likely to finish now with a sole AM.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And Labour have held off the Lib Dem challenge and retained Cardiff Central. Lib Dems are likely to finish now with a sole AM.
    The list will likely get them a few. I'm hoping we just pip plaid to the post for opposition, but I doubt we will

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No- 'have to' it's democracy. Party leaders do get a high profile which can help.

Glad to see the Green gains in Scotland which so far mean four seats, level with the Lib Dems. A step forward in Scotland.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What has to be said about Scotland is could be seeing a resurgence of the Tories there, even if not to the point of the 70s and earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What has to be said about Scotland is could be seeing a resurgence of the Tories there, even if not to the point of the 70s and earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ruth Davison's profile and leadership I think has played a large part.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    More Tory MSPs is more Tory MSPs, and far from a bad thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Maybe time to grab a couple of hours of sleep

Although in reality I will likely wake up whilst going and getting the papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Without her it would have been a terrible night ( I think ). Her approval ratings are higher - can't remember what they are - than KD but lower than NS.

I think she's distanced herself from Westminster politics which was a clever move.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Without her it would have been a terrible night ( I think ). Her approval ratings are higher - can't remember what they are - than KD but lower than NS.

I think she's distanced herself from Westminster politics which was a clever move.
    A mile ahead of kez, she's negative net, Ruth is positive

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Abolish the Welsh Assembly Party beating the Lib Dems into 5th in both North Wales and South Wales East. :eek:

This is a big story now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The SNP finished 5 shirt of a majority, tories official opposition

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.