Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S F)
    Hi guys! Wondering if anyone could give me some help/reassurance.
    I've been going to counseling through the NHS for anxiety, but I hate it so much because I really dislike the guy its with; we have the eact same conversations each hour because hes forgotten what we spoke about last time and he just prints me off random selfhelp sheets from the internet. I also just don't think that counseling in general will help me. I was wondering how I go about quitting because the last thing I want is to phone up and the person tries to persuade me to stay, I also hate phone calls in general! What do I say?
    When I wanted to leave the counselor I was seeing I called up a few days after and canceled my next appointment. When the receptionist asked if I wanted another one I said "let me call you back when I know when I free. Thanks! ".

I also hate phonecalls and confrontation.

I hate the feeling of missing people you've fallen out with/don't talk to anymore :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Tornado warning has been issued for where I am. ****.

:hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Tornado warning has been issued for where I am. ****.

:hide:
    Stay safe! :hugs:

Really dont want to be home alone atm tbh.
    Now all i have are my pets and online ppl considering my sibling is out a lot and we dont talk really.
    worried about going back to school tbh, cant deal with going from basically my own company to a school of 1000 something ppl

(Original post by Deyesy)
    x
    Test

:cube:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Stay safe! :hugs:
    Tornado warning has passed, apparently there was one not that far from here but were safe. No damage that I have seen yet but haven't left the hotel room yet.

Hurricane hermine is currently passing threw so more damage could come. Most of central flordia is under a state of a emergency at the moment.

Will try to keep you all updated, thanks for the love :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Moved into my new house had a bit of an emotional break down last night, and had to pull the car over- but all okay now!

Hugs to everyone who needs them x

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, panic attacks :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OGC giving me grief again :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    Really shaken up. A security guard walked into my house, no warning or anything, and intended to stay the night. He didn't realise I had moved in, and I found him in the kitchen :/ no longer feeling safe here. I know he won't come back, but the fact he just let himself in is really unnerving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Really shaken up. A security guard walked into my house, no warning or anything, and intended to stay the night. He didn't realise I had moved in, and I found him in the kitchen :/ no longer feeling safe here. I know he won't come back, but the fact he just let himself in is really unnerving
    Could you put like a chair under the handle so the door can't be opened from the outside?

ReputationRep:
    I feel so awful. Voices are really loud but mumbling and I'm only understanding a few words. They're definitely loud and distracting enough to stop me doing any work. I have an important test on wednesday which I'm dreading, I can't focus at all on the textbook. I just want to lie in bed and cry. I'm gonna fail this ****ing class a third time if I don't do some work. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Could you put like a chair under the handle so the door can't be opened from the outside?
    That's a really good idea actually- thanks! sorry to hear things are worse for you at the moment. Do you think that taking a break could help at all?

ReputationRep:
    That's a really good idea actually- thanks! sorry to hear things are worse for you at the moment. Do you think that taking a break could help at all?
    Hope it works for you.

I've been having breaks - been watching episodes of Malcolm in the Middle on netflix and even finding that hard to follow right now. Then going back to the book and crying again. I cannot handle stress.

ReputationRep:
    Ya know that way when you don't feel right physically and you can't quite put your finger on what's wrong or what hurts? That's how I feel tonight. Feel like I've came down with something or whatever. HA is through the roof because of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really feel for you This would set me off so much and I can only imagine you feel right now :hugs: putting a chair up against the door is a great idea. I know how unnerving it is to not feel safe in your own home/residence. Hope you manage to get a good night's sleep tonight and that this is just an once off you can out behind you soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stupid noises.

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:

Why do I bother to dream? I wanted to be in the army (hemophilia stopped that), wanted to get really good at ice hockey (neither of my parents was willing to drive me to practice), wanted to be a police officer (stopped by my mental health), so I decided go to to nursing school. This time I thought I had it - 4 years and I'd be a qualified nurse able to make a difference to people, but no - I'm going to fail anatomy again because I can't ****ing focus. All these words and spellings and concepts and memorization are just impossible. I feel so stressed, I keep crying, and don't know what I should do.

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:

Why do I bother to dream? I wanted to be in the army (hemophilia stopped that), wanted to get really good at ice hockey (neither of my parents was willing to drive me to practice), wanted to be a police officer (stopped by my mental health), so I decided go to to nursing school. This time I thought I had it - 4 years and I'd be a qualified nurse able to make a difference to people, but no - I'm going to fail anatomy again because I can't ****ing focus. All these words and spellings and concepts and memorization are just impossible. I feel so stressed, I keep crying, and don't know what I should do.
    :hugs: to me this all points to you not getting the right kind of support/guidance and struggling with some very difficult problems. You are clearly not stupid that is definitely not what it is! What support have you received since you started your nursing degree/studies?

ReputationRep:
    Hope it works for you.

I've been having breaks - been watching episodes of Malcolm in the Middle on netflix and even finding that hard to follow right now. Then going back to the book and crying again. I cannot handle stress.
    I know you've probably tried this, but is there a different way you could revise which is less stressful/ more fun? Sometimes things like flashcards or pictures can be easier if you're finding it tough to focus... and anatomy is ideal for that.
    Hope you're feeling a bit better now

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I really feel for you This would set me off so much and I can only imagine you feel right now :hugs: putting a chair up against the door is a great idea. I know how unnerving it is to not feel safe in your own home/residence. Hope you manage to get a good night's sleep tonight and that this is just an once off you can out behind you soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you putting a chair by the door did really help, and I locked myself in my bedroom for the night. Once I managed to get some sleep, I felt a lot better
    I've complained to the company about the security guard- it's out of order for anyone to walk in to a persons house without even knocking!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.