Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else who hasn't heard back from Barclays after the first test? Been waiting for almost a week now

ReputationRep:
    Obvs Lazard is strong at MnA but was wondering how good their ECM/DCM depts are compared to other banks??? also i'm assuming they are more ecm heavy than dcm but they do lots of restructuring work too so could someone validate whether this is the case?? cheers xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    I asked BoAML HR whether if I can apply for 2 roles (summer+offcycle) for the same program and here is response I received:

"Please be informed that you can have only application for a programme in process."

Wtf they mean by that? Thoughts?
    I think they may have meant that you can only apply to one programme in each cycle. So, you have to choose either summer or off cycle.

Or it could be that the HR person who responded did not give a **** and just sent whatever came to mind lol.

ReputationRep:
    First round phone interview for PJT!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESTATEREAL)
    First round phone interview for PJT!!!!!
    Congrats mate, good luck

When you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    Congrats mate, good luck

When you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers man! I think late Wednesday or Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Centerview networking event invite

ReputationRep:
    Some of you have said you're not applying to RBS, will you not be applying to Lloyds and Satander too because of their roles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    I got a message from JP saying to chill out cause they have bare apps to review for dayyyyyyyz
    Yeah, got this message too. Good job they sent it because I realised all their emails have been going to my junk folder

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Obvs Lazard is strong at MnA but was wondering how good their ECM/DCM depts are compared to other banks??? also i'm assuming they are more ecm heavy than dcm but they do lots of restructuring work too so could someone validate whether this is the case?? cheers xo
    Restructuring isn't DCM btw, pretty much most restructuring work is done by EBs or advisory houses.

Imo, the best ECM/DCM teams are where banks can underwrite on a deal. That means there's potential not just to make money on fees but to also make some cash on any spreads that arise from underwriting. Advisory only cap markets is good too, but I'd think you'd be limited without a balance sheet to offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Restructuring isn't DCM btw, pretty much most restructuring work is done by EBs or advisory houses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    elite boutiques?

btw, did you get my pm? having inbox issues atm lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    elite boutiques?

btw, did you get my pm? having inbox issues atm lol
    Yeah

When did you send it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done the Bank of England SJT? It's actually reasonably difficult

ReputationRep:
    Why are people not applying to rbs?

I just did my sjt for risk at rbs. Has anyone heard back yet from rbs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    Some of you have said you're not applying to RBS, will you not be applying to Lloyds and Satander too because of their roles?
    Will apply to Lloyds because it includes capital markets. The other two do not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    Why are people not applying to rbs?

I just did my sjt for risk at rbs. Has anyone heard back yet from rbs?
    Yeah had a telephone interview for them last week

You've got an app based game, numeric and logic tests before that though

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from citi just now (c.2 days after tests) saying that my test score was above benchmark and they're now looking at rest of my application - woo!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an mail from Citi saying that I passed their test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaFrenchy)
    Just got an mail from Citi saying that I passed their test
    congrats, when did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimbobJam)
    Got an email from citi just now (c.2 days after tests) saying that my test score was above benchmark and they're now looking at rest of my application - woo!
    is that 2 working days or 2 days as in saturday?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.