Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
TMUA discussion - please read before posting 09-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    yes defo as last year was 55 to get c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend.786)
    Guys i think that the grade boundaries cant be that high because u have to remember next years paper is going to be a lot harder so the if they raise it this year too much then next year if they want to put it down they will have to drop it by a lot

Personally my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't be so certain about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debruyne)
    yes defo as last year was 55 to get c

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused with question 18 and 19 answer / does anyone know the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is the question for 18 and 19 again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGNE)
    What is the question for 18 and 19 again
    18. Simplify and Make x the subject.

19. stratification

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    18. Simplify and Make x the subject.

19. stratification
    Thanks, I just did a rough harsh marking estimate on my store and totalled around 155-160 what do you think that is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGNE)
    Thanks, I just did a rough harsh marking estimate on my store and totalled around 155-160 what do you think that is?
    very high a to an a astar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGNE)
    A very strong "A" grade. I don't believe the level of difficulty over the two papers was sufficient to bring the "A*" grade down to 160 but you never know- Good Luck and I hope they do !!

ReputationRep:
    what do you think you got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranPRTL)
    Any ideas on what you need to get overall to get a C? I think I got around 37 marks on the first way, and I'm scared I didn't get enough in paper 2, even though it was an "easy" paper
    I'm not sure if you've been answered already, but you probably need around 35 ish on this one for a C overall, if you took higher! It's usually about 65-70 for a C all together!

ReputationRep:
    For the 5x+ 20y, If I put 1/4x + y, would I get one mark?!
    Also, for the tree diagram, I put the workings as 0.05 x 0.8 , but I accidently put 0.4!!😡 would I get one for this as it was out of 2?

I think I have got around 168-170, is this enough for an A*?!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  93.0 KBCan someone else please confirm whether this would get 1 or 2 marks?!

ReputationRep:
    Guys on question 14 if i didnt put like cm^2 etc but all my number and answe is right will that be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucygr8y)
    For the 5x+ 20y, If I put 1/4x + y, would I get one mark?!
    Also, for the tree diagram, I put the workings as 0.05 x 0.8 , but I accidently put 0.4!!😡 would I get one for this as it was out of 2?

I think I have got around 168-170, is this enough for an A*?!
    It is very close. It would have gotten you an A* in the last six exams. Were these exams easier? If I HAD to make a call, I think you will get it.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would you get for the stratified one if you put 10 instead of 11.. I think it was out of 2 marks? I stupidly rounded down to 10 from 10.8 thinking there wasn't exactly 11 and you can't have 10.8 people! 🙈

ReputationRep:
    Can I haven the markscheem for the calculator paper as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mummy2maisie123)
    How many marks would you get for the stratified one if you put 10 instead of 11.. I think it was out of 2 marks? I stupidly rounded down to 10 from 10.8 thinking there wasn't exactly 11 and you can't have 10.8 people! 🙈
    Correct working will get you 1 mark.

Edexcel have accepted rounding up and down in the past but more recently have only accepted the correctly rounded number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mummy2maisie123)
    2 marks. They accept both.

ReputationRep:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.