Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    Ah yeah.
    I'd open mine in private and then show, I wouldn't show my peers though as they would get jealous and stuff, you know? I'd show my teachers though and just go.

Teachers know the grades you got before you get your results right?
    They usually find out the day before, that's what my deputy head said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    I struggled on the P1 exam.
    Ah that's the complete opposite of what most people thought xD

(Original post by kennethdcharles)
    They usually find out the day before, that's what my deputy head said.
    Oh okay, it would be pointless showing your results sheet to your teachers then if they already know, right?

ReputationRep:
    There's no way I will be waiting until I get home. As soon as I get my hands on them I'm tearing it open no matter where i am😂

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, it would be pointless showing your results sheet to your teachers then if they already know, right?
    Not necessarily all teachers know... I think. It may be just like head teachers exam officers etc who know. I'm not entirely sure though.

(Original post by kennethdcharles)
    Not necessarily all teachers know... I think. It may be just like head teachers exam officers etc who know. I'm not entirely sure though.
    Ah okay, make sense now.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, make sense now.
    Thanks
    Your teacher only knows your grade for the subject they taught but they won't now how you did overall - except your headmaster etc.

(Original post by greatmnty)
    Your teacher only knows your grade for the subject they taught but they won't now how you did overall - except your headmaster etc.
    For example, My maths teacher knows my grade for my maths but doesn't know my English grade?

ReputationRep:
    For example, My maths teacher knows my grade for my maths but doesn't know my English grade?
    Exactly

Exactly
    Okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    All my friends wanna meet at 10 but I wanna go just as the school opens at half nine. I don't have their patience

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how people aren't worried about their GCSE results, for most of us it's our first major qualification that dictates the course of our higher learning
    there is sooooooo many people worried right now mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    All my friends wanna meet at 10 but I wanna go just as the school opens at half nine. I don't have their patience

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you planning on going with your parents or not? I'm going at 9 am when the school opens. It's open until 12, how could anyone wait that long??
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're so lucky as our school emails us our results at 6am so we know what we grades we get before going into school and collecting the piece of paper with results on
    wish we had that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    Are you planning on going with your parents or not? I'm going at 9 am when the school opens. It's open until 12, how could anyone wait that long??
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no idea when i can get my results, the school said sixth form enrolment is at 10am - 12pm but we must have our results but when do i get my results... they won't reply or anything its so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im_trying)
    I have no idea when i can get my results, the school said sixth form enrolment is at 10am - 12pm but we must have our results but when do i get my results... they won't reply or anything its so annoying.
    I'd go in around 9-9:30 if enrolment is 10am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im_trying)
    I haven't even been told anything about enrolment for sixth form.. maybe get there at about 9.30 to 9.45?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a strange dream also! the dream consisted of me getting in English Literature and Language a grade 9?? Whatever that means. Just the number nine but I remember being distraught because I want an A*. In the first maths paper got an A which was strange because I'll be lucky to get a C but I didn't have an overall grade for maths, the second paper wasn't even on the sheet 😂 that's probably because I know how badly I've done on the second paper.

In the end, I concluded that these results weren't right and they weren't mine then I woke up😂

ReputationRep:
    Should I feel bad for not have started a level revision? I've done the prep tasks but I just wanted a break after my hard work and before it all starts again??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyTonge)
    I had a strange dream also! the dream consisted of me getting in English Literature and Language a grade 9?? Whatever that means. Just the number nine but I remember being distraught because I want an A*. In the first maths paper got an A which was strange because I'll be lucky to get a C but I didn't have an overall grade for maths, the second paper wasn't even on the sheet 😂 that's probably because I know how badly I've done on the second paper.

In the end, I concluded that these results weren't right and they weren't mine then I woke up😂
    That's weird. Funny thing is though, there's apparently a new grading system is 3 years time where exams will be graded from 9-1 (with 9 being the equivilant to an A*, etc.). I also had a similar dream myself, where I had 2 A*s and 4 B's in my modulars (I've just finished Year 10). I was so happy until I woke up and realised it was just a dream. :no:

Good luck for Thursday, by the way. I'm sure you will get those A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.