Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyrae)
    Definitely having an "I can't do this" moment.

Go to a new school tomorrow, Year 2 in a school with 28 different languages and very different styles of teaching to that I'm used to. Also my classroom doesn't have a door, simply half a wall which leads into the next class. Pretty Tough!

I've only planned tomorrows lessons, one because I'm totally stumped on what to start with, with a class that's so mixed and two, because I don't know what they can already do.
    Observation week was the week before christmas, therefore I saw no real teaching and no real idea of how the kids learn best.

My whole week is gonna be playing catch up but I didn't see the point in planning and preparing lessons when by Tuesday they could be totally lost, or way way ahead!

I think I'm gonna hate this week.
    I would take the same approach as you. Try to relax and not stress about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    I would take the same approach as you. Try to relax and not stress about it.
    Thank you! At least someone else would follow my crazy ideas of not being 100% prepped!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not overly prepped for this week either - I have several lesson plans done but I'm not 100% sure if they're valid for this week. The communication isn't great at my school so I tend to take each day as it comes.

ReputationRep:
    Back to PGCE tomorrow. But at uni so not too bad. Been a nice break and only six weeks before another.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Back to PGCE tomorrow. But at uni so not too bad. Been a nice break and only six weeks before another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good. Glad you enjoyed the break. I don't get half term, so Easter is my next break. Long term ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you get half term? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Start my second placement tomorrow. It's basically the polar opposite of my current school so should be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Good. Glad you enjoyed the break. I don't get half term, so Easter is my next break. Long term ahead.
    Why don't you get half term?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm working in Spain. As Easter is late this year, I only get one public holiday between now and then. Best get my coping techniques ready since I have a feeling it's going to be a steep learning curve.

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see that the poster is in Spain but many PGCEs don't give half terms- they run uni during that time. Though even those do someone's have a study day or two in there, or have assignment presentations/mentor meetings etc so you aren't in the whole time.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think I got one half-term as "reading week" for assignment preparation, but another one (in the middle of placement) was a week in uni, as we'd been on placement for about 10 weeks (including the Easter holidays) by that point. It was annoying not getting a proper break (though I think we only had 2 and a half days in uni) but it was probably a good idea really as a lot of people felt quite isolated after so long on placement

ReputationRep:
    Hello, can I please have some good news stories from those who are currently on the pgce courses, I really need it at this stage (someone who has just put an application for a pgce primary).

ReputationRep:
    What I'd give to have a reading week during half term!
    My Uni has us in 9-5 every day for half term - I can't wait for Easter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smartypantsj)
    Hello, can I please have some good news stories from those who are currently on the pgce courses, I really need it at this stage (someone who has just put an application for a pgce primary).
    You need good news stories already? You haven't even started! haha.
    All I can say is the kids are brilliant, funny and full of personality. They can really brighten up your day, but they can also rain on your parade so its a mixed bag really. Your training year is extremely stressful, tiring and you will feel like you want to quit at least once. I ain't sugar coating it. BUT, there are always upsides and your first positive lesson feedback will feel amazing. And from then on its up and onwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    You need good news stories already? You haven't even started! haha.
    All I can say is the kids are brilliant, funny and full of personality. They can really brighten up your day, but they can also rain on your parade so its a mixed bag really. Your training year is extremely stressful, tiring and you will feel like you want to quit at least once. I ain't sugar coating it. BUT, there are always upsides and your first positive lesson feedback will feel amazing. And from then on its up and onwards
    Thanks Shelly, this is what I need to hear lol. I hear all the time its stressful beyond belief so I thought it would be nice to hear the good!

ReputationRep:
    Currently having a I can't do this meltdown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Currently having a I can't do this meltdown.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    How come?
    I start back tomorrow and I feel so anxious about it. Doubts are creeping in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry I'm sure it won't be as bad as you're imagining it to be.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't panic. You can do it.

Trust me everyone feels like this before they start back... you start to doubt yourself and think you honestly can't do it. I am an NQT and was panicking the other day... the kids started back today and now I'm fine! And so happy to be back teaching them!

And yesterday at our training day my head said about the same feelings. So trust me, feeling nervous/like you can't do it before you start back is NOT an indication that you actually can't do it. It's pretty much how all teachers feel!

xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.