Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    - Winning the playoff to go through to CL group stage is worth an added £35m-40m

- New revenues Puma/Emirates can pretty much be used to fund long term transfers/Wages.

- Property and Player Transfers have been plugging club financial deficits,not now needed with new deals coming through

- Bottom limit of £70m available for transfers with up to £100m if they really wanted to be ambitious without causing any issue.

John Cross

"Mata was a done deal,but Arsene Wenger dithered and bang Chelsea moved and he signed for Chelsea"

"Sahin again was done, medical and photos done, and when it came time to complete Arsene changed his mind"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Anyone watching bbc 3? Eboues first game for arsenal... :ahee::ahee:
    So hilariously ****
    Yes!! haha, the funniest part for me was Chipmunk (he's a gooner btw) talking about spurs losing 5-3 to united after being 3-0 up:

"I don't think tottenham are a team that's meant to be victorious" couldn't stop laughing the way he said it, could tell he was holding back some abuse lool

ReputationRep:
    I thought sahin went liverpoo because alonso told him to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    - Winning the playoff to go through to CL group stage is worth an added £35m-40m

- New revenues Puma/Emirates can pretty much be used to fund long term transfers/Wages.

- Property and Player Transfers have been plugging club financial deficits,not now needed with new deals coming through

- Bottom limit of £70m available for transfers with up to £100m if they really wanted to be ambitious without causing any issue.

John Cross
    This sounds very good.. who's john cross?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    This sounds very good.. who's john cross?
    Daily Mirror chief sports writer. Probably one of the most reliable journos when it comes to Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I thought sahin went liverpoo because alonso told him to?
    Think this was after Arsene changed his mind on him, but from what I heard, Sahin was pretty fixed on Arsenal of all the deals he had for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Think this was after Arsene changed his mind on him, but from what I heard, Sahin was pretty fixed on Arsenal of all the deals he had for him.
    Reckon we could have done far better with him in their rather than arteta or ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Reckon we could have done far better with him in their rather than arteta or ramsey.
    tbf arteta and ramsey have done well when paired together this season and sahin didn't do all that well at liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    tbf arteta and ramsey have done well when paired together this season and sahin didn't do all that well at liverpool
    Arteta has been a real leader this season but where does he go if we sign a DM. Central midfield is crowded already. Wenger obviously see him as a Captain

ReputationRep:
    sahin was played out of position at liverpoo and lets face it when your in a midfield consisting of gerrard, lucas, henderson, downing and sterling your not gonna do too well now are you. The guy very good technically I mean he wouldn't of won bundesliga player of the year for no reason would he and from what ive seen of him at dortmund this season he looks very capable next to gundogun or larson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Arteta has been a real leader this season but where does he go if we sign a DM. Central midfield is crowded already. Wenger obviously see him as a Captain
    People have crying for a dm but lately our defence has done well as well as the fact that arteta is a great leader and ramsey is great at the box to box role next him. I think we should buy a yound dm who we can integrate into the side giving him time to settle into the league and when arteta starts to drop off with his age (although i don't see that happening very soon due to the fact that he doesnt rely on pace) he can come in

A striker is probably a priority and maybe a winger or cam if cazorla is shifted to the left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    sahin was played out of position at liverpoo and lets face it when your in a midfield consisting of gerrard, lucas, henderson, downing and sterling your not gonna do too well now are you. The guy very good technically I mean he wouldn't of won bundesliga player of the year for no reason would he and from what ive seen of him at dortmund this season he looks very capable next to gundogun or larson.
    tbh sahin was great at dortmund but he seems to have got worse in the time away

Also reus has reportedly got a release clause just under £30 mil (35 million euros). Think we should trigger it - I do!

ReputationRep:
    tbh sahin was great at dortmund but he seems to have got worse in the time away

Also reus has reportedly got a release clause just under £30 mil (35 million euros). Think we should trigger it - I do!
    No one from Dortmund is going to Arsenal. It's a step down in their careers at this moment in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    No one from Dortmund is going to Arsenal. It's a step down in their careers at this moment in time.
    Tbh some might due to bayerns stranglehold on the league and wenger is a big attraction to some players too

It was just a dream anyway :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Ive just got a horrible feeling wenger will go out and purchase mccarthy from wigan

mind you seb larson who is the crap twin of the larson brothers would be a great purchase, rock in the midfield

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/...ins-colchester

Didnt think eastmond would make it tbh

(Original post by yaboy)
    Ive just got a horrible feeling wenger will go out and purchase mccarthy from wigan
    tbh he would play the same position as ramsey and with ramsey better and wilshere able to play there, i think wenger would buy a better dm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

mind you seb larson who is the crap twin of the larson brothers would be a great purchase, rock in the midfield
    Come off it, you're not seriously suggesting we buy Seb Larsson? He's decent but in no way will improve our team. We have to think and buy big. I don't think we'll have a bettet chance than next year to do something of note.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Come off it, you're not seriously suggesting we buy Seb Larsson? He's decent but in no way will improve our team. We have to think and buy big. I don't think we'll have a bettet chance than next year to do something of note.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeh apologies got mixed up with the names was meant to say sven bender lol

ReputationRep:
    Tbh some might due to bayerns stranglehold on the league and wenger is a big attraction to some players too

It was just a dream anyway :moon:
    To be fair it's only recently i would say Arsenal have lost that sort of hold, If Wenger is to get Arsenal challenging for anything other than 4th place he needs to really get it together this window.

Next season might actually be the most interesting for a while with new managers for the top 3 clubs in the country, no Fergie for example. If Spurs keep Bale, you strengthen, Liverpool continue to improve, next season should be more exciting than this one.

ReputationRep:
    People have crying for a dm but lately our defence has done well as well as the fact that arteta is a great leader and ramsey is great at the box to box role next him. I think we should buy a yound dm who we can integrate into the side giving him time to settle into the league and when arteta starts to drop off with his age (although i don't see that happening very soon due to the fact that he doesnt rely on pace) he can come in

A striker is probably a priority and maybe a winger or cam if cazorla is shifted to the left
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Verm to play in the DM position he has all the attributes except for technical quality

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.