TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    10 exams done! 8 to go :cool:

All my coursework has been submitted :awesome:

Quite a few to be moderated...

Just the final push now :cool:

C4 and the sciences are my biggest priority...
    I forget your a GCSEr :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polypocus)
    Economics related courses, looking at straight Economics, Economics with Maths or hopefully (possibly) Economics and Management at Oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In that case go heavy on Stats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx4L3x)
    um wtf r u ok
    Sorry, what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Good luck! Just take your time and it should pay off in the end when you get the grade you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I actually took my time to answer these questions. No excuses, but I haven't been feeling too well for the past week so I think that might have hampered my chances of getting near-full UMS... I didn't even get the finish because I spent most of the time coughing so much. It even got to the point where an invigilator accused me of cheating by "coughing out a message" huh?! Lol anyway, hopefully I get an A at least... Just need to try harder for C3 and C4 xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reubenkinara)
    I forget your a GCSEr :rolleyes:
    Take that as a compliment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    No, you don't. Pure vs Applied is completely tangential to anything that has been said thus far.
    Ah but I do, my spider senses are tingling

You suggested you did not care for mathematical elegance \Rightarrow you are an applied mathematician :qed:

Not to worry, I hear the Engineering department at Cambridge accept transfers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol: :teehee:

(Original post by MAyman12)
    Nothing compared to me, did 22 and just 3 to go

****ing destroyer! You on like 10 a-levels then? :lol:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ScarlettFierce)
    Thank you! I actually took my time to answer these questions. No excuses, but I haven't been feeling too well for the past week so I think that might have hampered my chances of getting near-full UMS... I didn't even get the finish because I spent most of the time coughing so much. It even got to the point where an invigilator accused me of cheating by "coughing out a message" huh?! Lol anyway, hopefully I get an A at least... Just need to try harder for C3 and C4 xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could your centre put in for some special circumstances or not? Do you feel you've still done good in the exam? This isn't Edexcel right as that's not allowed to be discussed until Midnight or later on.

ReputationRep:
    Could your centre put in for some special circumstances or not? Do you feel you've still done good in the exam? This isn't Edexcel right as that's not allowed to be discussed until Midnight or later on.
    No this is OCR
    & could I have asked to be put in for special circumstances?
    No I don't think I did all that well, but it was a comparatively harder paper so I'm hoping grade boundaries will come down slightly and bring me up at an A, at least.

Regardless of which, I'm working my bum off for C3 and C4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkn)
    Ah but I do, my spider senses are tingling

You suggested you did not care for mathematical elegance \Rightarrow you are an applied mathematician :qed:

Spoiler:
    Show

****ing destroyer! You on like 10 a-levels then? :lol:
    LOOL, he done his GCSE's is well :O
    I don't know whether I like Pure or Applied
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ScarlettFierce)
    No this is OCR
    & could I have asked to be put in for special circumstances?
    No I don't think I did all that well, but it was a comparatively harder paper so I'm hoping grade boundaries will come down slightly and bring me up at an A, at least.

Regardless of which, I'm working my bum off for C3 and C4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's okay then I just wanted to make sure And I'm not all that sure but it would've been worth a shot, although I didn't get any last year before my S1 exam when I was involved in a car accident but that is another story Well if you need any help with your C3 or C4 then I'll be happy to help, I'm sure other people on here would also be happy to help

ReputationRep:
    x
    C3 :yy: :woo: don't want to get too happy... But I've definitely got an A I'd think! And there's a chance of an A* gotta get ready for C4 now :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    LOOL, he done his GCSE's is well :O
    I don't know whether I like Pure or Applied
    Well then you are the enemy
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lol jk :lol: Tbh I don't really know which area I will end up in

I love pure mathematics because I see it as more of an art than a science and find it exciting to recognise beauty and elegance and yet I'm also keen on some areas of theoretical physics because, even though the maths itself is unlikely to be as satisfying, I find the idea that it can help me to answer some of the "big questions" just as exciting as pure maths

Perhaps there is a way to do both... We wouldn't normally need to decide until we're 20-ish anyway, so it's luckily not a preference we need to commit to just yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkn)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hey hey hey. Hold up hold up hold up. As a future hopeful unlikely candidate for Cambridge Engineering admissions I resent your tone.
    I am willing to work out your differences with CamEng with you.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    In that case go heavy on Stats.
    Important for Economics courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkn)
    Well then you are the enemy
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lol jk :lol: Tbh I don't really know which area I will end up in

I love pure mathematics because I see it as more of an art than a science and find it exciting to recognise beauty and elegance and yet I'm also keen on some areas of theoretical physics because, even though the maths itself is unlikely to be as satisfying, I find the idea that it can help me to answer some of the "big questions" just as exciting as pure maths

Perhaps there is a way to do both... We wouldn't normally need to decide until we're 20-ish anyway, so it's luckily not a preference we need to commit to just yet!
    ARRGGH *hides* :ahhhhh::eek3:

I'm in the exact same situation! I find both interesting, I don't just want to do Maths for the sake of doing maths, but I don't just want to do stats all day etc haha
    Yup, tbh they blend together at certain points and I think that's when I like it the most! :')

P.S. nice speech lols

(Original post by NabRoh)
    Hey hey hey. Hold up hold up hold up. As a future hopeful unlikely candidate for Cambridge Engineering admissions I resent your tone.
    I am willing to work out your differences with CamEng with you.
    Thank you.
    LOOL I love it! 'Future hopeful unlikely' :toofunny:I'm sure you'll be fine
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    C3 :yy: :woo: don't want to get too happy... But I've definitely got an A I'd think! And there's a chance of an A* gotta get ready for C4 now :awesome:
    That's great to hear! Now just ace C4 and hopefully you'll get the A* that you want

ReputationRep:
    That's great to hear! Now just ace C4 and hopefully you'll get the A* that you want
    :woo. I shall try ^_^
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Four hours till we can talk about the answers.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    :woo. I shall try ^_^
    Good good

ReputationRep:
    So no one here is on CIE?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.