Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Three interviews have been offered to me now. They are all for the 11th! I have had to ask to change the middle one, and now my school direct is also offering the 11th Dec!

This is madness, now to contact them and ask for an alternative date, I have accepted as and when the offers came through so St Marys is on the 11th Dec, hope this doesnt ruin my chances with the two I have asked to rearrange!!

Anyone have any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Three interviews have been offered to me now. They are all for the 11th! I have had to ask to change the middle one, and now my school direct is also offering the 11th Dec!

This is madness, now to contact them and ask for an alternative date, I have accepted as and when the offers came through so St Marys is on the 11th Dec, hope this doesnt ruin my chances with the two I have asked to rearrange!!

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Ask all of them to change the date, telling them you have an interview on that date. Hopefully they will give you three different dates and you can then tell the one you want to go on the 11th that you can still make it.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody still not had an acknowledgement for any of their applications?

Starting to think it hasn't sent properly but I feel cheeky asking then directly.

Or do some places just not acknowledge the application?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Ask all of them to change the date, telling them you have an interview on that date. Hopefully they will give you three different dates and you can then tell the one you want to go on the 11th that you can still make it.
    The first two are already sorted so one on 11th and the other on 18th Dec, however my school direct's alternative date is the 24th Jan. Which means even if I get offers from my first two, I will have to have responded before the school direct interview! The school direct is a salaried route that I am applying for, and obviously if they offered this to me then I would be likely to accept as it would be a paid position......

Any advice, gratefully received! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got an interview at Roehampton for the primary PGCE?

ReputationRep:
    The first two are already sorted so one on 11th and the other on 18th Dec, however my school direct's alternative date is the 24th Jan. Which means even if I get offers from my first two, I will have to have responded before the school direct interview! The school direct is a salaried route that I am applying for, and obviously if they offered this to me then I would be likely to accept as it would be a paid position......

Go back to the one on the 11th and beg them to change it!

ReputationRep:

As far as I am aware, you don't have to respond until you have all offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    oh my gosh! I am going to check that with UCAS, if so you a life saver as that would be such a big help, and means I can stop worrying what to do!!! keep them all as they are!! xx thank you

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, yes!! It is 10days from when you receive a decision from all three!! whooopie!!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any ideas for resources which promote children's learning gains? I need to make a poster presentation and any recommendations would be gratefully received. I just want peace of mind that I've considered a range of resources before choosing one.

ReputationRep:
    Time is going so sloooowly! My referee accepted my reference request 20 minutes ago, just submit the thing now PLEASE! :P

ReputationRep:
    STILL waiting for my reference. Getting kinda frustrated now but don't know if it is a good idea to send yet another reminder message... *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody still not had an acknowledgement for any of their applications?

Starting to think it hasn't sent properly but I feel cheeky asking then directly.

Or do some places just not acknowledge the application?

Thanks.
    I applied on Wednesday of last week and still haven't had any acknowledgements. Although I am applying for a SCITT and School Direct routes, so maybe they're a little less organised? I emailed them to send in a registration form that they required and asked if they'd received my application and they replied that they only downloaded applications from UCAS about twice a week...so I'm trying not to get too worried. I'll give them another week I think and then chase them.

Although as they say, no news is good news. At least it's not a straight decline!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    STILL waiting for my reference. Getting kinda frustrated now but don't know if it is a good idea to send yet another reminder message... *sigh*
    I felt the same, but at the end of the day, it is your future (as I keep getting told!) Which reference are you waiting for?If you think your relationship can tolerate it, I would chase it up again.

Waiting for this reference to get submitted is killing me... I've spent all afternoon waiting as it was promised today and I know it is in the process, but argh hurry it up!

I think this system is rather unfair, interviews having happened before the two weeks are up, and the uncertainty of when courses will close... I would complain, but I doubt it will make much of a difference for the next year!

ReputationRep:
    It is from my manager. Things have been really hectic at work lately so I do understand the delay but at the same time she keeps saying she will 'definitely' have it done. And then doesn't follow through. Argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    I applied on Wednesday of last week and still haven't had any acknowledgements. Although I am applying for a SCITT and School Direct routes, so maybe they're a little less organised? I emailed them to send in a registration form that they required and asked if they'd received my application and they replied that they only downloaded applications from UCAS about twice a week...so I'm trying not to get too worried. I'll give them another week I think and then chase them.

Although as they say, no news is good news. At least it's not a straight decline!
    Haha I also applied last Wednesday and I am only applying for SCITT's and School Direct.

Yeah I am going to give it until next Wednesday, hopefully I can email to say I've passed the QTS tests and just drop in how long they expect it to be.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, yes!! It is 10days from when you receive a decision from all three!! whooopie!!!
    No problem I thought the same as you to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    Just heard from the IoE, my offer is unconditional permitting i pass the skills tests!!!

so excited! good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview yesterday at Reading which went well i think, hopefully hear back from them soon as they're my first choice! Still waiting to hear back from St Mary's, bit worrying as lots of people are getting interviews and i sent mine off on the 22nd!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I also applied last Wednesday and I am only applying for SCITT's and School Direct.

Yeah I am going to give it until next Wednesday, hopefully I can email to say I've passed the QTS tests and just drop in how long they expect it to be.
    How funny, I've got my numeracy test next Wed too so was going to wait until I (hopefully) pass that before chasing them up. I imagine a lot of the School Direct people are a lot less organised than the universities!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.