Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie786)
    You have the same type of thinking like when the USA bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They were 'eliminating targets'

I say that was bull to the sheeeez. But everyone has their own opinions.
    That's a really dumb comparison. As the Japanese had offered unconditional surrender, it was specifically targetting civilians to warn to Soviet Union of the devastation of nukes, and people like Doug McArthur even said they were entirely unnecessary. You basically just compared bombings designed to cause maximum civilian casualties by using the most devastating weaponry available to this, gg.

Ironic really, because Israel have the capability to do that. They don't. I wonder why.

ReputationRep:
    I am watching the football on BBC because of no breaks and i am a supporter of iseral.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That awkward moment that if you all watch ITV, the bbc will still show the match because it's not based on viewership but TV licence.

SO STOP PAYING YOUR TV LICENCE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    How fast does an aircraft move? How fast does an operative in hostile territory move? How flexible is the guidance on a missile? How flexible is the guidance from an operative?

And if they could get operatives in to at least sight the missiles, they would anyway. It's a non starter as it's not possible.
    What's the CEP of an IMI Galil? What's the CEP of a GBU or Hellfire?

It's not the accuracy of the pilot that is completely the problem. It's the shrapnel and non-discriminatory nature of the bombs that is for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    How fast does an aircraft move? How fast does an operative in hostile territory move? How flexible is the guidance on a missile? How flexible is the guidance from an operative?

And if they could get operatives in to at least sight the missiles, they would anyway. It's a non starter as it's not possible.

The problem is neither Israel or the Palestinians can afford for Hamas to be destroyed or eliminated at the moment. The groundswell is for Salafi (ISIS) forces, and if they came to power the problems for the people would be FAR worse. Other nations [jordan/egypt] would get involved and civilian casualties would rocket up

Basically it's a lose lose on all sides. If Hamas got crushed, it would be worse though I think. Can you imagine Sisi showing the same restraint as Israel does?
    And you really think the ISIS will be voted into the government by Palestinians?

Palestinians want a president who will put a stop to this war, NOT repeat it.

LET'S get rid of hamas.
    democratically elect a sane president.
    Make a peace treaty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I am watching the football on BBC because of no breaks and i am a supporter of iseral.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you support Israel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    That's a really dumb comparison. As the Japanese had offered unconditional surrender, it was specifically targetting civilians to warn to Soviet Union of the devastation of nukes, and people like Doug McArthur even said they were entirely unnecessary. You basically just compared bombings designed to cause maximum civilian casualties by using the most devastating weaponry available to this, gg.

Ironic really, because Israel have the capability to do that. They don't. I wonder why.
    Now why are you wondering why. Do you want them to do that?

Its not dumb. Its just a reply to your 'eliminating target' bilge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    And you really think the ISIS will be voted into the government by Palestinians?

Palestinians want a president who will put a stop to this war, NOT repeat it.

LET'S get rid of hamas.
    democratically elect a sane president.
    Make a peace treaty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I dunno, but Salafi's are already operating far more openly there than they have done in the past with impunity from Hamas. I'm not an 'expert' in internal Palestinian politics, but afaik they would snatch power if Hamas lost it at the moment. You should ask "Ibn Fulaan" or somebody that question though not me, they'd be far more knowledgeable on the specifics. I'm almost sure it wouldn't be as simple as voting in a group that wanted peace though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    What's the CEP of an IMI Galil? What's the CEP of a GBU or Hellfire?

It's not the accuracy of the pilot that is completely the problem. It's the shrapnel and non-discriminatory nature of the bombs that is for me.
    It's the only option that wouldn't cause mass casualties on the Israeli side other than a large ground incursion. Targets are variable and moving, and the only real intelligence coming out is from Satellites. My point was an sf group simply wouldn't have the mobility. They can't even get people in for SARH, let alone elimination.

ReputationRep:
    Now why are you wondering why. Do you want them to do that?

Its not dumb. Its just a reply to your 'eliminating target' bilge.
    Yes it's dumb. So dumb I'm going to stop responding to you on the matter because you're seemingly incapable of grasping concepts and terminology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Because i am a christian and i believe that it is their land

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually in torah, it forbids isrealis to have their own state until the Messiah returns.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Yes it's dumb. So dumb I'm going to stop responding to you on the matter because you're seemingly incapable of grasping concepts and terminology.
    Well this is a debate and if you don't want to. Then fine. But I find this whole situation to be so dumb that it is ok for Israel to attack and kill innocent people right? Oh ok. :rolleyes:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Wow :rolleyes:
    Hey baby :kiss:

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You a cutie

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't agree with your view at all, sorry

ReputationRep:
    Well this is a debate and if you don't want to. Then fine. But I find this whole situation to be so dumb that it is ok for Israel to attack and kill innocent people right? Oh ok. :rolleyes:
    You're not debating. You're using ad hom after ad hom, failing to grasp concepts, and coming out with statements like 'it is ok for Israel to attack and kill innocent people right?' and 'You have the same type of thinking like when the USA bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.'

If you want to debate, you tell me. What other response options do Israel have? Or do you believe they should ignore the hundreds of rockets being lobbed at them?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I support the existence of a state of Israel but I don't support what they are doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilypear)
    Hey my lovely :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilypear)

You a cutie

I don't agree with your view at all, sorry
    :lol: thx bbz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    You're not debating. You're using ad hom after ad hom, failing to grasp concepts, and coming out with statements like 'it is ok for Israel to attack and kill innocent people right?' and 'You have the same type of thinking like when the USA bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.'

If you want to debate, you tell me. What other response options do Israel have? Or do you believe they should ignore the hundreds of rockets being lobbed at them?
    Neither of the sides are right but the fact that you are justifying what Israel is doing is just utter nonsense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.