Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevil014)
    Any advice who i can replace Ozil with? Thought i'd get him in last week for Ramsey as Arsenal's fixtures are quite good for awhile now but as with every Arsenal midfielder it was just a matter of time before he got injured. I don't have enough money to buy either Cesc or Hazard so it would have to be someone lesser than 9m
    Basically right now for 3 months.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevil014)
    Any advice who i can replace Ozil with? Thought i'd get him in last week for Ramsey as Arsenal's fixtures are quite good for awhile now but as with every Arsenal midfielder it was just a matter of time before he got injured. I don't have enough money to buy either Cesc or Hazard so it would have to be someone lesser than 9m
    Walcott is FPL gold. Should be fit for their next game too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I can't decide whether to keep welbeck for another week or swap him out for Sturridge since Liverpool are against QPR :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I had Walcott in mind but after being out for so long I doubt he'd hit top form straight away, so I'd rather watch for awhile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I can't decide whether to keep welbeck for another week or swap him out for Sturridge since Liverpool are against QPR :/
    I'm keeping him for now.

Welbeck's the sort of player who needs a few chances to score. Against the big teams he's not going to get many, but against some of the teams lower down he'll be getting really good service. Arsenal have fantastic fixtures up until Christmas, even with their injuries they should easily win their next 3 games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Silva or sterling? If you want to free up funds Siggy/Chadli'Chamberlain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I already have Sterling and Siggy, was considering between Silva and Eriksen both some really inconsistent though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm keeping him for now.

Welbeck's the sort of player who needs a few chances to score. Against the big teams he's not going to get many, but against some of the teams lower down he'll be getting really good service. Arsenal have fantastic fixtures up until Christmas, even with their injuries they should easily win their next 3 games.
    yeah but i gotz so much money in da bank right now, like 4m+
    i could get aguero or sturridge
    but i need to sacrifice welbeck
    ulloa is too cheap to upgrade to one of the big guns, but i have faith in sturridge when he returns

it would be a massive risk to get rid of welbeck considering his price tbh
    but i literally don't know where else i could usee the spare money i have in the bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Surely not? Been out for far too long, would've thought it's 2 or 3 weeks till he's included in the squad, and when he is it's likely to be a couple bench appearances before a first start
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Surely not? Been out for far too long, would've thought it's 2 or 3 weeks till he's included in the squad, and when he is it's likely to be a couple bench appearances before a first start
    He's been back in training for a while and with their injuries, I wouldn't put it past Wenger to throw him straight in.

It's a huge gamble to bring him in straight away, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    yeah but i gotz so much money in da bank right now, like 4m+
    i could get aguero or sturridge
    but i need to sacrifice welbeck
    ulloa is too cheap to upgrade to one of the big guns, but i have faith in sturridge when he returns

it would be a massive risk to get rid of welbeck considering his price tbh
    but i literally don't know where else i could usee the spare money i have in the bank
    I assumed Dat Guy was your budget striker, if you're bringing in one of those two then go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I want to be part of the league, can i get the code?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I assumed Dat Guy was your budget striker, if you're bringing in one of those two then go for it!
    nah, Dat Guy is above Ulloa but below Costa.

even if i swap welbeck for sturridge but the former starts scoring goals, i still have the main strikers for leicester, liverpool and chelsea up front for me.

all are likely to score a solid amount of goals this season.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Tried my best to squeeze Baines in and it's not happening. Moreno > Azpilicueta it is then.

Still have 1 FT but there's nothing I want to do with my team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Tried my best to squeeze Baines in and it's not happening. Moreno > Azpilicueta it is then.

Also thinking of getting Baines in. But it would be at the expense of Cahill and Chelsea have shored up at the back lately again. But taking free kicks corners pens and getting forward at will is pushing me towards Baines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

had baines at the start of the season but he messed me around

there has been development on the striker front btw.
    i could take ulloa out for sturridge provided that i swap moreno for a 4m defender.

would give me a front 7 of costa-welbeck-sturridge, di maria-sterling-fabregas-siggy
    the downside is that i would have ivanovic and taylor as my "good" defenders (the latter still only 4.5m), and then duff/wisdom to make up the final spot.
    would leave jedinak and two 4m defenders as my subs.

that would be serious neglect of the defence but a bloody ridiculous attacking potential.
    alternatively i could do an exact straight swap of welbeck to sturridge to leave me with 0.0m in the bank (how convenient?) and 1 FT to carry over.

i'm leaning towards the irresponsible first option since liverpool, arsenal and chelsea's next 3 games in particular are bloody excellent so it could yield some crazy points.
    leaving welbeck out could be suicidal and sturridge is always has really good form when he returns from injury.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 free transfers so I may as well make a transfer this week. Not sure what to do though. I could take out either Duff or Moore and put in Wisom but this doesnt really achieve a lot. I dont really want Heaton in goal but there isnt really am obvious replacement. I have 0.8m in the bank. Any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 free transfers so I may as well make a transfer this week. Not sure what to do though. I could take out either Duff or Moore and put in Wisom but this doesnt really achieve a lot. I dont really want Heaton in goal but there isnt really am obvious replacement. I have 0.8m in the bank. Any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hamer out as a possibility? For someone at 4.5 like Mannone?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    GK you've got loads of options. Adrian, Mannone, Begovic, Schmeichel are all decent enough picks. Or you could do what i've done and double up with Forster/Bertrand to take advantage of Southampton's good fixtures.

If I were you i'd change the keeper and leave the defence as it is.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by sr90)
    GK you've got loads of options. Adrian, Mannone, Begovic, Schmeichel are all decent enough picks. Or you could do what i've done and double up with Forster/Bertrand to take advantage of Southampton's good fixtures.

If I were you i'd change the keeper and leave the defence as it is.
    personally i chose begovic as my keeper - we all know he's a quality guy in goal and he's only 5m i believe.
    not to mention stoke are pretty well known for having a decent defence (or is that just me?)
    still a little gutted we bought migs instead of him tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    Hamer out as a possibility? For someone at 4.5 like Mannone?
    Monnone's upcomong fixtires are very difficult. Plus, I am not a fan of having two playing keepers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    personally i chose begovic as my keeper - we all know he's a quality guy in goal and he's only 5m i believe.
    not to mention stoke are pretty well known for having a decent defence (or is that just me?)
    still a little gutted we bought migs instead of him tbh :/
    Stoke had a good repuatation under Pulis but that is invalid now. Bego is a top keeper but that is largely irrelevant if the defence in front of him is poor and it is. I dont think he has scored a lot of points this season. Will check his fixtures out though and give it some thought. Thanks for the tip

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.