Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I love Caramel's ears! The first picture of her is incredibly cute.
    Yeah she's very friendly, just a right rascal

(Original post by Odd socks)
    OMG THEYRE SO CUTEEEEE

Posted from TSR Mobile

When my neighbour offered me to adopt them, i pretty much couldn't say no when i saw them x]

(Original post by SweetNothing)
    They're adorable!
    Thank yoou, i love em loads already :3

(Original post by superwolf)

SO CUTE. By the way preloved has tons of second-hand hamster cages if you want to look on there, and also Hamster Central does a useful thread of decent cages appearing on ebay and stuff.
    Thanks, i'll give em a look tonight

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm, drinking + withdrawal? anybody got experience? so far only had two cans of lager and already feeling quite tipsy
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Having to take more and more to get the same effect and the tolerance level not returning from my experience. And I don't want to build up a dependence on benzos. A benzo dependence is dangerous. I like them when I'm really anxious, stressed, need to sleep, just to chill but they're not riskfree.

The best treatment I've heard of is a combination of things. Light therapy, melatonin, modafinil can help stay awake, sleep hygiene, diet. I'm starting to cut down on sugary drinks.

I'm a deep sleeper and I'm pretty rotten if I get woken before I've had enough. Probably a bit undisciplined too tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hate taking sides but I agree with the paragraph thing that others have pointed out and you mentioned the support thing. Sometimes YOU have to be one to reply to others first before they reply to you? That's just my opinion anyway.

I don't know anything about benzo's I have to say :/ I sorted my sleep problems out with taking Mirtazapine. Could you take them sporadically? So you could sleep somedays but not take them enough for yourself to build up a tolerance? There are somethings you've mentioned there that you have control over? Such as the sugary drinks, your diet and the sleep hygiene? Maybe focus on those variables since you're actually able to alter them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    It'd probably be someone from a voluntary organisation, like Mind, and it's just someone who'll help you out if you need to fill in forms and things, or attend appointments with you and stuff. The real benefit is that they'll be absolutely on your side, even if it might not be in what some people would view as your best interests, if it's what you want consistently then they'll fight for you to get the treatment/lack of treatment that you want. Better explanation on Mind. I think that since you've been messed around so much and trusting 'official' people might be an issue, having someone on your side who you know definitely cares and is working to help you might be useful.
    Thanks for the info :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    ED
    Spoiler:
    Show
    made myself sick. hate me. emotions are so intense. need to get it out. have such bad anger issues. diuhsfibvifuvb hate that I've never spoken to anyone who understands this. worry that I have something untreatable. want to bawl my eyes out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    hmmmm, drinking + withdrawal? anybody got experience? so far only had two cans of lager and already feeling quite tipsy
    Eat something, to soak up some of the booze
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    Haven't started a 1500 word essay that's due Monday and I have a super painful infection in my foot that feels like somebody is stabbing me with needles when I put any weight on it. And I have an ear infection too.

*flails*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need a MH day :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planckton)
    :hugs:
    And a sore legs day :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And a sore legs day :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aw man what's getting you down? (MH wise)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's stopping you from having one?

ReputationRep:
    aw man what's getting you down? (MH wise)
    Being happy smiley talkative panda all day everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    What's stopping you from having one?
    Babysitting/ spending time with my mum. I may get half of wednesday off but all of thursday
    Walked 3 miles yesterday pushing a pram, spent all day today around people, pushing the pram tomorrow walking ages being around people, probs walk 4 or 5 miles monday pushing the pram... So shattered!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being happy smiley talkative panda all day everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really takes it out of you doesn't it!! Getting any time to yourself? Remember to try and get some, gotta put yourself first sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Really takes it out of you doesn't it!! Getting any time to yourself? Remember to try and get some, gotta put yourself first sometimes
    Get night times, generally spend most of that time on facetime to my partner. Gone from living with him to not seeing him is hard but i get to see my family and nephew!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was 12 I prayed to god for a certain thing to happen. It happened but I ignored it. A few days ago, I reflected on this thing and decided I can't ignore it anymore. I can't think of any explanation other than god which puts an atheist like me in an awkward position. However, if there is a god how can I reconcile that with hearing voices and being paranoid and depressed? I don't get that bit.

Anyway, onto my question. Is anyone here religious and how do you feel about god giving you a mental illness?

Imma quote in the only member that I know is religious (hope she doesn't mind) but I'd appreciate anyone's input really.
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    QFA
    TLG I'd really appreciate how you answer this question, but we can take it to PMs if you prefer (or not answer me at all if I'm being rudely imposing).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    When I was 12 I prayed to god for a certain thing to happen. It happened but I ignored it. A few days ago, I reflected on this thing and decided I can't ignore it anymore. I can't think of any explanation other than god which puts an atheist like me in an awkward position. However, if there is a god how can I reconcile that with hearing voices and being paranoid and depressed? I don't get that bit.

Anyway, onto my question. Is anyone here religious and how do you feel about god giving you a mental illness?

Imma quote in the only member that I know is religious (hope she doesn't mind) but I'd appreciate anyone's input really.

TLG I'd really appreciate how you answer this question, but we can take it to PMs if you prefer (or not answer me at all if I'm being rudely imposing).
    Im christian, though not practising, and iv genuinly never thought about it.
    I dont see it as him punishing me, i guess i see it as everyone has to overcome hurdles in life to test us and our strengths and this is one hurdle... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im christian, though not practising, and iv genuinly never thought about it.
    I dont see it as him punishing me, i guess i see it as everyone has to overcome hurdles in life to test us and our strengths and this is one hurdle... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply, PW.

I can kinda see where you're coming from with the hurdles idea it's just I don't see why my hurdle is so much higher than some other people's (although I do understand that everyone has things wrong in their life even if they're good at hiding it). And surely a hurdle which practically takes away your free-will isn't really fair?

ReputationRep:
    Been standing by a river for the last half hour and still don't know what to do....

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.