The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

really didn't expect to still be ahead of united after that shambles yesterday.
1 point ahead of united, 1 point behind spurs.

with our performances so far, how is that even possible? :lolwut:
Original post by Eboracum
x

quote me for essay pls
we can hurts together :frown:
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Don't dish too much out. We haven't won our game yet against Leicester :redface:

Original post by manchesterunited15
Only need a draw to be above Liverpool :cool:

i'll just leave this here...
Original post by Lúcio
i'll just leave this here...

still a better result than you yesterday :cool:
United with 5 points and theyve played all 3 newly promoted teams already lmao.

Yeah but your no.1 striker isn't injured :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Yeah but your no.1 striker isn't injured :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

and you didn't have 2 goals given against you that shouldn't have been :rolleyes:

in what way is a 5-3 loss away to leicester better than a 3-1 loss away to west ham?
Original post by Lúcio
in what way is a 5-3 loss away to leicester better than a 3-1 loss away to west ham?

5-3 > 3-1
Leicester > West Ham

pretty simple
5-3 > 3-1
Leicester > West Ham

pretty simple

i don't think one is particularly better than the other
both are pretty disgusting results tbf

why are newly promoted leicester suddenly better than long serving PL team west ham?

yours is much worse though when you consider just how much money you spent on players like falcao, di maria, etc...
and then add in the fact that we are without our best striker

liverpool and united are 11th and 12th respectively
bottom half bros <3
Original post by Lúcio
i don't think one is particularly better than the other
both are pretty disgusting results tbf

why are newly promoted leicester suddenly better than long serving PL team west ham?

yours is much worse though when you consider just how much money you spent on players like falcao, di maria, etc...
and then add in the fact that we are without our best striker

liverpool and united are 11th and 12th respectively
bottom half bros <3

Because they're higher in the league after far harder fixtures.

I don't think the money spent is relevant

You're without Sturridge but clearly two goals unfairly given is more of an excuse
and you didn't have 2 goals given against you that shouldn't have been :rolleyes:

Surely you mean one
Because they're higher in the league after far harder fixtures.

I don't think the money spent is relevant

You're without Sturridge but clearly two goals unfairly given is more of an excuse

doesn't mean they're a better team overall, just means they've played better in the games so far - who says leicester won't fade away?
we know west ham can cope with a full premier league campaign; you can't say leicester are better just yet

money spent is EXTREMELY relevant
money = expectation
you didn't spend in depth to cope with extra games, you merely tried to buy high quality
therefore when you fail as badly as you have so far, the money you have spent becomes very relevant.

the referee wasn't kind to you, but your defence was still terrible
who's to say they wouldn't have scored different goals had those decisions gone the other way?
your defence was that bad that it's intirely possible.

the unfortunate fact is that we're getting easily outclassed by mid tabled sides and you're struggling to beat promoted teams and relgation candidates.
Original post by Deshi
Surely you mean one

1st and 2nd
1st and 2nd

Every angle they showed was inconclusive though and it could've gone either way, unless something new came out in the last 30 minutes.
Original post by Deshi
Every angle they showed was inconclusive though and it could've gone either way, unless something new came out in the last 30 minutes.

My stream wasn't great so I dunno but they seemed to agree it was out in the studio. Just need goal line technology on the rest of the pitch tbh.
That's not the sound of a United fan blaming the ref is it?

Some things never change.
In general, Rodgers wasn't good at the juggling act between the Premier League and Europa League in his first season in charge and I think the seeds have been sown for this season to be the same thing, too. It's a massive jump from last season where, in hindsight, we had a perfect campaign. The Palace game was the only time I left a match last year thinking we under performed - and that's a hell of an achievement. We had six days at a time to prepare for the next game and that's why we came SO close. There will never be a better time for us to win the league. Mourinho said it - and I agree with him.

Suarez gave us so much more than Balotelli in terms of work rate, effort, tenacity, resilience and laying on goals for others. Balotelli was tackled by Reid yesterday and didn't even track back.
Mangala looks so good ffs. If we just bought someone like that instead of Southamptons finest we'd be in a better position.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
That's not the sound of a United fan blaming the ref is it?

Some things never change.

You seriously gonna act like the ref wasn't to blame? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest