The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by c.simms07
what did people write for the why 65+ are undiagnosed ?

As they're 65+ there's more likely to be a variety of contributing causes not one outright cause
Reply 2741

i put they may have other health problems/complications that result in kidney failure not just one clear-cut cause
Hope F215 makes up for that diabolical paper, so glad I resat f211 and f212 to pull up my ums otherwise I'd have been screwed! Hope it's 42 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit late to this but what the f*ck was that. All those hours revising to have my grade decided by 'suggest...' and flipping dialysis. What a joke. :angry:

same as the others said, could have more than one of the problems that leads to KF so harder to pinpoint actual cause

i wrote something like because with old age, there is deteriorating health...so they could show side effects or symptoms from their other illnesses, so hard to diagnose kidney failure in old people - 65+

I dont think its right tho:confused:
Reply 2746
was it asking if a shady leaf is more adapted or a sun leaf?

I put multifactorial due to their age

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnekaChan173
46 for an A*, 42 for an A, 38 for a B? Not sure yet. Looks like people found it tough though.

damnnnnn. hope I secured a B at least :frown:

I guessed at saying it could be a combination of the causes listed above in the table and potentially others that occur naturally with ageing therefore it was unclear of the precise cause... Clutching at straws really!
Original post by hajs
This.

I put that they're less likely to be tested on / have an operation due to an increased chance of them developing complications
(edited 8 years ago)
I said E because it reaches a higher rate of photosynthesis at a lower light intensity, the rate of photosynthesis allow plateau's sooner...
Dialysis can suck a duck :llama:
Unofficial mark scheme pleaseeeee
Original post by tewas
was it asking if a shady leaf is more adapted or a sun leaf?

I had to read that question a billion times LOL it was shady for sure
Original post by ashraf549
I've looked through people posts and many put 'positive feedback' as the answer to 'why insulin is still produced?'...
I said its to maintain homeostasis to prevent hyperglycaemia. To maintain glucose levels in the blood. not too high not too low. But no one else wrote it. Tough paper. Hopefully low boundaries.

for the why insulin keeps producing can you talk about trigly and amino acids breaking down to form glucose
Original post by ecwsky
I said E because it reaches a higher rate of photosynthesis at a lower light intensity, the rate of photosynthesis allow plateau's sooner...

Phew me too
It took me a while to understand though
Original post by AnnekaChan173
46 for an A*, 42 for an A, 38 for a B? Not sure yet. Looks like people found it tough though.

So 50 for 100% UMS. That is what I am trying to achieve lol.
Original post by Molly_xox
Bit late to this but what the f*ck was that. All those hours revising to have my grade decided by 'suggest...' and flipping dialysis. What a joke. :angry:

I feel youuuuuu omg im so sad right now
Reply 2758
Original post by Student08
I had to read that question a billion times LOL it was shady for sure

could you put more stomata in shady leaf?
For 65+ Undiagnosed, I came up with 65+ tend to have chronic illnesses and health complications & symptoms may overlap making it hard to isolate cause.

For the why Under 65+ have kidney failure, I said Because(under 65) have highest percentage of diabetes, diabetes leads to kidney failure.

Something along those lines, sounded the most scientific to me. Why were they like 1-2 marks. Should have been more :angry:

Any ideas or disapproval? :wink:

Quick Reply