Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Look at the calibre of players we had then and now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Loool things change. That's like still pondering over a long gone ex boyfriend. Can't believe we've got people like Artetz, Merta and Flamz in the squad. And two of them are Captain and Vice captain! Unbelievable.

Everytime I diss Artetz I feel bad cos he's a nice dude but seriously.

Also just a side note, kinda weird to see you here on a non match day :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Loool things change. That's like still pondering over a long gone ex boyfriend. Can't believe we've got people like Artetz, Merta and Flamz in the squad. And two of them are Captain and Vice captain! Unbelievable.

Everytime I diss Artetz I feel bad cos he's a nice dude but seriously.

Also just a side note, kinda weird to see you here on a non match day :holmes:
    Things have changed for the worse. I hate us. This isn't the Arsenal I fell in love with, Flamini/Arteta are basically the 2015 equivalent of David Hillier and Ian Selley and they were awful.

I really don't care if they are nice people, they are not good enough.

I'm not working today and I'm still vex about yesterday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Look at the calibre of players we had then and now
    Lehmann, Cole, Campbell, Toure, Cygan, Ljungberg, Parlour, Edu, Pires, Kanu (Silva 73), Henry (Aliadiere 89).

Subs not used: Stack, Keown, Clichy, Papadopulos, Hoyte.

Our GK and defence was better - no doubt about it.

But our midfield/attack in that game isn't better than our strongest today. There was no Vieira or Bergkamp, and Gilberto only came on in the 73rd minute.

It was the Henry show, though. Which begs the question: can Alexis pull off a similar performance: couple of goals, assists and become by far and away our best player since the King?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Things have changed for the worse. I hate us. This isn't the Arsenal I feel in love with, Flamini/Arteta are basically the 2015 equivalent of David Hillier and Ian Selley and they were awful.

I really don't care if they are nice people, they are not good enough.

I'm not working today and I'm still vex about yesterday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oomph no chill from Pegs today!

I woke up feeling indifferent to it all tbh. I said to myself "Woah did we really just lose 3-1 to Monaco yesterday?" Yup.
    I don't even know man, part of me wants to believe that we can do something for the second leg the other part of me is just saying what's the point it's an impossible task. I actually can't believe this has happened.

Well you see, before the Ro16 draw I said I would like us to be drawn with Bayern. Might as well. Then we wouldn't have this problem now would we.

FA Cup and CL hopes gone, just like that. Unreal :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    True story, we're both **** I'd swap LVG for Wenger though. At least Wenger will retire soon.
    Don't worry, you can both come and support Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I'd honestly prefer to support Man City :| At least they're in Manchester and provide jobs and stuff to the area. Not to mention cheap season tickets.

ReputationRep:
    Oomph no chill from Pegs today!

I woke up feeling indifferent to it all tbh. I said to myself "Woah did we really just lose 3-1 to Monaco yesterday?" Yup.
    I don't even know man, part of me wants to believe that we can do something for the second leg the other part of me is just saying what's the point it's an impossible task. I actually can't believe this has happened.

Well you see, before the Ro16 draw I said I would like us to be drawn with Bayern. Might as well. Then we wouldn't have this problem now would we.

FA Cup and CL hopes gone, just like that. Unreal :lol:
    You've not seen how pathetic we are lately. I actually think you could beat us :/ Unless Di Maria decides to stop playing like a league 2 journeyman.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    :puke:

(Original post by samba)
    You've not seen how pathetic we are lately. I actually think you could beat us :/ Unless Di Maria decides to stop playing like a league 2 journeyman.
    Yeah..how come no one's slating ADM like they are Ozil. He's not even lived up to a quarter of his price tag :dry:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know what you did :lol: Looool I hold my hands up for that one!
    Hahahaha, knew you'd appreciate it. Just trying to claw back some self-respect after my laughable quote about us winning the league last season. We've all been there, LP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Oh this is glorious.
    "If we played our error-prone, out of favour keeper, we would've easily found a result."

You were second best by a long way, suck it up and move on.
    Scz is a very good shot stopper and would have saved the first and third goal. He is very error prone but is able to make good reflex saves.

ReputationRep:
    The excuses for Giroud are bizarre and stupid. One guy even said if Giroud wasnt so good lucking i'd be pissed with him after last nights performance. Ill be honest I've never been a fan of his as everytime I watch his he loses the ball when he has time to think or pick out a pass or even dribble really. He seems to be pants outside the box but good at one touch finishes. It's weird because every arsenal team i've seen has had a good technical striker up top who could make his own chances but this is different with giroud.

His hold up play isnt even that good as when he's under pressure he 9/10 times loses the ball. I honestly believe a player similair to RVP was needed at the time of his departure someone like Jovetic who is skillfull and fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    Scz is a very good shot stopper and would have saved the first and third goal. He is very error prone but is able to make good reflex saves.
    Look at the first goal again and look at the deflection. Every other teams fans have said there was nothing Ospina could have done for that but the Szcz ******s have made it Ospinas fault. The third goal he should have done better I agree.

ReputationRep:
    :puke:

Yeah..how come no one's slating ADM like they are Ozil. He's not even lived up to a quarter of his price tag :dry:
    Di Maria is looking like a 10 mill players right now. He is doing a lot worse than Ozil and the media as usual are licking Man U's butt.
    Arsenal and Chelsea are the most hated clubs by the media. If anything bad happens, the world is over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I don't want to be hard on Giroud because his record before yesterday was outstanding. He had an off day at the worst time possible but fully expect him to score this weekend.

I feel so sorry for Welbeck tho, I think everyone wants him to make it but he just isn't there, people on the united thread are right, for once, he's a £8mil Sunderland standard striker at best atm.

I think the issue with Mert is doesn't shows he cares and has admitted he's lost the drive needed. Ox was mortified when he was to Blane for the goal Mert doesn't look like he cares (same could be said for Ozil tbf but at least he isn't complete ****).

Tbh the midfield were awful too, so many misplaced passes. Wilshere performed well before his injury hopefully he can do the same in the next 5 games before he gets injured again.

We have to bounce back and smash Everton like 4-0 no celebrations after each goal, just ruthlessness
    We have to win the games during the three weeks at least by 4 goal difference every time. The players have a **** mentality it pisses me off. I just want Sanchez go slap all these players in the face when they do not care about playing at all.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  wilshere_3027006.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  46.0 KB

It's written in the Stars for him to save our season now! Believe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    At the end of the day, even if we were to get through, we'd just lose to whoever comes next anyway. There is no chance of this team ever pulling off an upset. That would require a mental strength that is basically the opposite of the Arsenal mentality.
    Porto and Basel are still in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Look at the first goal again and look at the deflection. Every other teams fans have said there was nothing Ospina could have done for that but the Szcz ******s have made it Ospinas fault. The third goal he should have done better I agree.
    Szcz is quite agile. He's made quite a few saves were he has had to adjust his body after the ball takes a deflection, WBA away and Spurs at home last season spring to mind. He would of at least made an attempt to save it, not just stand there. He 100% saves the third goal, no doubt.

Will probably be in goal against Everton on Sunday, Ospina hasn't really taken this chance to claim the No1 spot.

ReputationRep:
    Szcz is quite agile. He's made quite a few saves were he has had to adjust his body after the ball takes a deflection, WBA away and Spurs at home last season spring to mind. He would of at least made an attempt to save it, not just stand there. He 100% saves the third goal, no doubt.

Will probably be in goal against Everton on Sunday, Ospina hasn't really taken this chance to claim the No1 spot.
    TBH I preferred fabianksi to both of them as wenger even admitted himself Fabianski was the more talented keeper.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ETRC)
    Porto and Basel are still in it.
    Would that be the same Basel who've done the double over Chelsea and knocked out Liverpool, Spurs & Manchester United in the past 4 years?

So much arrogance. Arsenal are the weakest team in the knockout draw and everyone knows it. Everyone knows how to beat them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    TBH I preferred fabianksi to both of them as wenger even admitted himself Fabianski was the more talented keeper.
    Maybe so, but Flappyanski was too erratic, was always scared he would shin it into his own goal or something stupid like that! Ospina is basically a short, Columbian Almunia. and with Szczesny, you can see the ability but it's just the application that lets him down more often than not.

I personally think the problem is our GK Coach, Gerry Peyton. According to some of those closer to the club, he is terrible, why Lehmann or Seaman aren't at the club helping out in that department is beyond me.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.