The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
The uni advertorials are just too much, Bradford and video game design? ****ing really? This site has gone downhill, Bradford is a right dump!
Eh no. Bradford is an ok, if dull, place. Worst thing about it though is the bloody drivers, nearly been run over on zebra crossings twice this week because so many drivers seem to look at someone crossing the road and speed up to see if they can get through before the pedestrian gets to their side of the road.

Chuck in the policy of indicators being optional at best and I'd be shocked if more than 1 in 10 drivers actually had a license.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)
We said nothing of the sort! :P

Is there a double vodka and coke knocking around anywhere to get me through the day?
Well someone did tell me I'd be feeling better - all I feel is as if someone's hit me over the head with a beer bottle... Yeh you can have some vodka - I'll hold the coke though!

(Original post by Aph)
Trust the kippers to lie:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yep!
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Well someone did tell me I'd be feeling better - all I feel is as if someone's hit me over the head with a beer bottle... Yeh you can have some vodka - I'll hold the coke though!
I'm sure the views expressed did not represent UKIP policy :P

Excellent! Feel free to buy a round on me for anyone else stuck in midweek blues.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
In my humble opinion i think that a tsr labcon coalition would be interesting. It would be interesting to debate people in the coalition thread who are actually to the left of me. When Aph is the moderate voice when it comes to left wing ideology in a party you know that things are a tad extreme as they currently stand.
It would be interesting and would probably work better policy-wise than many expect, but the dynamic between two parties who both expect to be top dog would be unusual and potentially destabilising.

This is the best reaction from that article:
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
The 'Reality Party' :facepalm2: A waste of a slot on the Daily Politics imo
Bez is a legend, amongst some people. One of the five political leaders at this election whom I have seen in the flesh.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would like to declare that I have never edited my Wikipedia entry. As I have not got one yet.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Farage performed reasonably well in the Leader's Interview. Credit where its due. Though a bit of the 'ol victim complex showed when he accused Evan Davis of unfair questioning and liberal bias.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Farage performed reasonably well in the Leader's Interview. Credit where its due. Though a bit of the 'ol victim complex showed when he accused Evan Davis of unfair questioning and liberal bias.
he made himself look pretty stupid in an interview with Jon Snow on channel 4 news at the same time though...guessing one of them wasn't live my twitter feed is saying Evan's interview technique was pretty poor as well? (hardly surprising, he is no Paxman by any means)
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
he made himself look pretty stupid in an interview with Jon Snow on channel 4 news at the same time though...guessing one of them wasn't live my twitter feed is saying Evan's interview technique was pretty poor as well? (hardly surprising, he is no Paxman by any means)
Oh he looked stupid in the Leader's interview as well - just a much more amicable fool than usual and as good as I could expect.

I'm not sure Paxman/s style is always the best. I like Davis, he intimidates whilst never letting his smile drop. Though he did back down a few times where I felt he could have pushed further and really hurt Farage.
Jean-Luc Picard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh he looked stupid in the Leader's interview as well - just a much more amicable fool than usual and as good as I could expect.

I'm not sure Paxman/s style is always the best. I like Davis, he intimidates whilst never letting his smile drop. Though he did back down a few times where I felt he could have pushed further and really hurt Farage.
ah okay, Jon Snow went quite hard at him on the HIV comments he made, he looked pretty flustered by it...

idk, with Paxman I felt like he was pretty consistent in how he pressed people, with Davis his interviews just seem quite inconsistent to me, like sometimes I watch him and he seems okay but others he just seems to let the politician dictate the conversation too much for my liking.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
ah okay, Jon Snow went quite hard at him on the HIV comments he made, he looked pretty flustered by it...

idk, with Paxman I felt like he was pretty consistent in how he pressed people, with Davis his interviews just seem quite inconsistent to me, like sometimes I watch him and he seems okay but others he just seems to let the politician dictate the conversation too much for my liking.
I haven't seen it I'm afraid - I must get round to it.

You might have a point there - though I haven't been watching Davis' newsnights. Again a matter of always having something else to do
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Davis> Paxman.

Although on this occasion he really was unfair to farage going on and on about the same old racism suggestions that he's dealt with thousands of times, whereas that tax issue raised at the end was only scratched. It would have been far more interesting to talk about the laffer curve and their tax policy for about 15 minutes, since pure economics is the most important thing and everything else are side issues.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Davis> Paxman.

Although on this occasion he really was unfair to farage going on and on about the same old racism suggestions that he's dealt with thousands of times, whereas that tax issue raised at the end was only scratched. It would have been far more interesting to talk about the laffer curve and their tax policy for about 15 minutes, since pure economics is the most important thing and everything else are side issues.
Completely agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why on earth didn't Davis interview the pliad woman??? Are they letting the female politicians off the hook to make them look better or something?
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have been watching Newzoids on ITV, they have done a really good job on the political characters, but the concept does not seem right without Maggie.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why on earth didn't Davis interview the pliad woman??? Are they letting the female politicians off the hook to make them look better or something?
Nicola Sturgeon is being interviewed next week. Not sure if Leanne Wood is to be interviewed or not.

Happy St George's Day to all English people.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Nicola Sturgeon is being interviewed next week. Not sure if Leanne Wood is to be interviewed or not.

Happy St George's Day to all English people.
Leane was interviewed but not by the same guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rahman found guilty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32428648
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh yes, before I forget, happy St. George's Day to all followers of the Patron Saint of Georgia, Malta, Gozo, Genoa, Catalonia, Aragon, Moscow, the Portuguese Army and the Hungarian Police, amongst others - a great Palestinian of Greek origin. I think the English like him too?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
Oh yes, before I forget, happy St. George's Day to all followers of the Patron Saint of Georgia, Malta, Gozo, Genoa, Catalonia, Aragon, Moscow, the Portuguese Army and the Hungarian Police, amongst others - a great Palestinian of Greek origin. I think the English like him too?
prsom
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.18%
No I haven't decided yet (43)
21.39%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.43%

Watched Threads