Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Question 18, simplify an expression/simple laws of indices

Question 19. Stratified Sampling

ReputationRep:
    where can I find questions and answers for paper 2 aqa gcse higher maths please. not very much on the site regarding this board and subject!

ReputationRep:
    What would 140 be??

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 547585 ok so if you look at this you can see the highest grade boundaries was june 2013. I just did the non calc paper and managed to get 96/100 whereas the 2016 paper we did I only managed to get high 80s maybe low 90s. It was definitely apparent that the june 2013 paper was much easier. Do you think the grade boundaries will be around 169?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Attachment 547585 ok so if you look at this you can see the highest grade boundaries was june 2013. I just did the non calc paper and managed to get 96/100 whereas the 2016 paper we did I only managed to get high 80s maybe low 90s. It was definitely apparent that the june 2013 paper was much easier. Do you think the grade boundaries will be around 169?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your 2013 figures are for the November paper. Based on your rationale the grade for A* will be lower than 165. I would not be so certain of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    Your 2013 figures are for the November paper. Based on your rationale the grade for A* will be lower than 165. I would not be so certain of this.
    Oh ok! And yh I was wondering that. Tbh I think it will be around 170 so not sure. I think I got 170-75 so I am just worrying that I won't get the A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Oh ok! And yh I was wondering that. Tbh I think it will be around 170 so not sure. I think I got 170-75 so I am just worrying that I won't get the A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, you are going to be so damn close and if the Grades are not higher than the previous 12 exams you will get it !! Good Luck !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    Well, you are going to be so damn close and if the Grades are not higher than the previous 12 exams you will get it !! Good Luck !!!
    Hopefully! I really want it to be 169/170 because realistically it's not gonna be lower. Btw when do the grade boundaries come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I got around 170 marks too. Had a poor non-calc paper but smashed the calc. Last year was 155 for A* and although that will rise I can't see it rising by 15. That' too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darwinion)
    I think I got around 170 marks too. Had a poor non-calc paper but smashed the calc. Last year was 155 for A* and although that will rise I can't see it rising by 15. That' too much.
    I am exactly the same as you! Did really badly in my non calculator, but amazingly in my calculator!! I think I've got between 168-171. I am praying this is an A*😭 they can't surely raise the boundaries to 170!!! I reckon about 165

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darwinion)
    Aww unlucky! Hopefully we did get the A*! I really need it and something is telling me that I haven't got the A* and I feel like EdExcel will increase it by a lot for some reason

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    would i get 2 marks for the part b for stem and leaf

i put 9/20 in my working but 45% in my anwet

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the grade boundaries could be for a B and A? I've only seen people's opinions on the boundaries for an A* but unfortunately I'm not that clever! 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mummy2maisie123)
    Does anyone know what the grade boundaries could be for a B and A? I've only seen people's opinions on the boundaries for an A* but unfortunately I'm not that clever! 😁
    Last years were:
    B - 95/200
    A - 125/200

I'm suspecting a B will be around 104 and an A around 136, possibly higher but I know a lot of people who struggled with the papers so they won't increase massively in my opinion - even though the majority on here found it easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    Last years were:
    B - 95/200
    A - 125/200

I'm suspecting a B will be around 104 and an A around 136, possibly higher but I know a lot of people who struggled with the papers so they won't increase massively in my opinion - even though the majority on here found it easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jun 15 was an exception, esp. For A Grade

November 2015 was 98/135 B/A

ReputationRep:
    what grade is 170/200

ReputationRep:
    Guys i wrote 9.25 bot 9.25cm will i get peanalised

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the premieter question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok...so...I totally messed up on this whole exam! Overall i've counted around 70marks for both papers combined 🙈 please tell me i'll at least get a C grade!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samira.j90)
    Ok...so...I totally messed up on this whole exam! Overall i've counted around 70marks for both papers combined 🙈 please tell me i'll at least get a C grade!!!!
    A C in June 2015 was 65 marks and in June 2014 was 57 marks. Therefore you might have scraped it!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.