Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Colleges have our results. Damn

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They get them this early?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge phd students mark STEP, and that was finished ages ago. Colleges had them since july

ReputationRep:
    Hii does anyone have an idea when we will know the bounderies for STEP

I reckon i got 68-70 and i am praying that is enough for a 2 in step 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)

I am 80% sure that will be enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Colleges have our results. Damn

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wot. I swear colleges get our STEP results on 8th August. Some ex-Mathmo said so on the STEP Prep Facebook group at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Wot. I swear colleges get our STEP results on 8th August. Some ex-Mathmo said so on the STEP Prep Facebook group at least.
    Na thats a levels. Step is already with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Day before 18th.

I'm also 80% sure that that'll get you a 2. (edited my post because misread)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Day before 18th.

I'm 95-99% sure that that'll get you a 2.
    Oh I thought that was for a 1.
    I cant even remember step I lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Na thats a levels. Step is already with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, just found out that. I legit asked the question to Christ's AT thread a minute or so before I saw your reply on this thread lol.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought that was for a 1.
    I cant even remember step I lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh **** nvm edited my post, I thought he was asking about step ii, but he's asking about the piss easy step i paper instead, I agree with you in that case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Okay, just found out that. I legit asked the question to Christ's AT thread a minute or so before I saw your reply on this thread lol.
    See here for confirmation: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post66745668

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

I guess we have to suffer through those two weeks...

ReputationRep:
    So it occurred to me that the STEP solutions index is due an update and I have two questions:
    – Is there a 2009 STEP I solutions thread?
    – Has anyone noticed that MEI has released a repo of handwritten STEP solutions? From their website:
    The STEP paper worked solutions were kindly donated to MEI by Peter Mitchell who originally wrote them for his Meikleriggs mathematics website and continues to provide annual updates for the latest STEP papers.

ReputationRep:
    So I had a dream last night that I got my STEP results and in the dream I got S, 2, 3 in each of the papers respectively, and I basically just wanted to put that out there now so if results day comes around and I do get these results, the disappointment of not getting into Cambridge will be lessened slightly by the evidence of my incredible psychic powers

ReputationRep:
    Its scary how cambridge already know your step scores so they probably know who they are accepting already!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyoro)
    Is there a 2009 STEP I solutions thread?
    Nope! We created one for 2009 II and III this year but didn't do STEP I because the existing examiner solutions are immaculate and very detailed. You could possibly link to it from the solutions index if you want completeness? Link here. It just seemed like a waste of time to provide solutions for these when the official ones would easily trump it, not so for II and III where the examiners are far skimpier with detail.

Yup! I've linked to it on the OP (I think so...) a few months ago. You can access the page for STEP (and AEA!) solution via this website and pressing the "View STEP/AEA solutions" button to access it with a guest account or alternatively use the existing login provided on that page. It doesn't go back as far as the TSR archive but has good quality answers dating back to ~1995. A well-used resource this year, I think.

On a side note, might take over some of the existing solution threads OP to do some updates and encourage people to complete questions that are left undone or correct wrong solutions; that said... probably going to be too lazy/busy to get around to that ever.

ReputationRep:
    Its scary how cambridge already know your step scores so they probably know who they are accepting already!!
    Gawd, it's so scary. Why can't they just tell us and get done with it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Nope! We created one for 2009 II and III this year but didn't do STEP I because the existing examiner solutions are immaculate and very detailed. You could possibly link to it from the solutions index if you want completeness? Link here. It just seemed like a waste of time to provide solutions for these when the official ones would easily trump it, not so for II and III where the examiners are far skimpier with detail.
    Fair enough, makes sense.

On a side note, might take over some of the existing solution threads OP to do some updates and encourage people to complete questions that are left undone or correct wrong solutions; that said... probably going to be too lazy/busy to get around to that ever.
    I had similar ambitions once upon a time . I ended up just taking over one, the 2010 one, which was recent yet poorly maintained. I'd take over a few more if it were easier to find an admin to transfer them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyoro)
    I had similar ambitions once upon a time . I ended up just taking over one, the 2010 one, which was recent yet poorly maintained. I'd take over a few more if it were easier to find an admin to transfer them.
    Yeah, I've only taken over one as well. I think it's not so bad if all you do is report the OP and put in a "other" category with a message asking the CT to transfer the OP to you, it takes them ~2 days to get back to you but is relatively little effort on your part.

Are you done with your degree, then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.