The Ultimate England Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Laevis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Joe Hart makes it in the squad. I've been increasingly impressed with him. He's like a poor man's Iker Casillas. I hope he continues to improve, because he offers us something different to the other keepers. Unlucky Carrick, but it's not like he's missing a Euro tournament now
Klinsmannic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Huddlestone is strange one 'cause he hasn't been a regular starter. He's potentially a good player, very similar to Carrick in many respects, but he has absolutely no mobility and has lots of areas he needs to improve. Good on him for getting in though, he deserves it far more than Jenas...(which doesn't say much ). Maybe Capello has seen something in him which he thinks can be useful for his system? I've always thought he'd be a decent midfield quarter-back type player a few years down the line.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
kirkland has to be a starter:p:

ashley young also

the 1-0 defeat against france was utter rubbish.
mhsc
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The time is ripe to try 4-3-3.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
4-3-3 is fine with the right players.

crouch or ashton for the big man up front
rooney or owen just behind

with young + bentley giving width.

its so frustrating knowing england have an amazing side, but the manager/something else stops them from being so
mermania
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't say amazing
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nor I. And nor would I say that a "big man" up front was necessary.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
kirkland

richards rio terry a.cole

gerrard hargreaves

bentley rooney a.young

ashton/crouch

thats amazing to me
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chris Kirkland's the goalkeeper of a team that finished comfortably in the bottom half of the league, with hardly an amazing goals conceded record. Peter Crouch doesn't play enough, Dean Ashton doesn't score enough to be considered amazing.
Overmars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can't see Capello going for a 4-3-3.
Lucy :)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ashton will get injured again.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
peter crouch didnt play enough when he was banging in goals before the world cup 2006...but still scored something like 12 or 13 goals.
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Man some of the names in this future England squad are rubbish :teeth: I know it's about ability but sh :teeth:
mermania
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by anelka9)
kirkland

richards rio terry a.cole

gerrard hargreaves

bentley rooney a.young

ashton/crouch

thats amazing to me
yeah try comparing that to Spain, Brazil or Argentina's players.

Casillas
Ramos Puyol Marchena Capdevilla
Albelda
Iniesta Xavi Fabregas Silva
Torres

Weaker defence, but vastly superior attack and goalkeeper.
Plus you've still got players like Villa, Joaquin, Guiza, Alonso on the bench, and players like Mikel Arteta and Raul who can't even get into the squad.

The quality of the England squad is massively overhyped.
Laevis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hope Spain win it this year. Massively underachieved in recent tournaments, and they have the quality to go all the way.
gaijin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Laevis)
Joe Hart makes it in the squad. I've been increasingly impressed with him. He's like a poor man's Iker Casillas. I hope he continues to improve, because he offers us something different to the other keepers. Unlucky Carrick, but it's not like he's missing a Euro tournament now
Agreed. He's one of the most agile keepers in the Prem. I really don't hope that some foreign goon comes into City next season and benches him for some third-rate Italian or Portuguese clown.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mermania)
yeah try comparing that to Spain, Brazil or Argentina's players.

Casillas
Ramos Puyol Marchena Capdevilla
Albelda
Iniesta Xavi Fabregas Silva
Torres

Weaker defence, but vastly superior attack and goalkeeper.
Plus you've still got players like Villa, Joaquin, Guiza, Alonso on the bench, and players like Mikel Arteta and Raul who can't even get into the squad.

The quality of the England squad is massively overhyped.
the players are not overhyped the team is. gerrard, lampard, rooney, rio! they are all world class in my eyes. or close to it.

ok the spain team is good but its how they play and how the formation and team works that defines success. something looks too good to be true/dodgy about that spain line-up!
CJ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hoooly crap;
alexpte
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Sorry if this has already been posted, but quickly scanning down the posts I couldnt see it.

Who would you play against USA for England? Personally I think our best partnership up front is rooney and crouch. I also think carrick definitely has to play, he's one of our most creative players.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by alexpte)
Sorry if this has already been posted, but quickly scanning down the posts I couldnt see it.

Who would you play against USA for England? Personally I think our best partnership up front is rooney and crouch. I also think carrick definitely has to play, he's one of our most creative players.
Carrick isn't even in the provisional squad of 30. Rooney and Owen is what I would like to see but Owen is out with a virus.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (69)
23.71%
No (222)
76.29%

Watched Threads